Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Hey all! Happy New Year. I used to be semi-active on FPN 3 years ago but kind of fell off due to RL. I'd love to get some penpals again. I think at one point I had 6 but I am not sure I can handle that many at one time. I'd love a few to begin with.

Some details about me:

32 year old married gal in Northern Virginia. I grew up in the DC/MD/VA (DMV) area and went to The Ohio State University for Economics.

Love having an excuse to use my FPs, ink, paper.

A bit obsessed with HP and Austen; love Sci-Fi in general, fun logic games/puzzles, random poems

Work in the contract management field.... yea, I have such crazy work....everyday is the same - I stare at a computer.

Learning.

Not allowed into office supply, pen, paper, artsy, etc. stores unattended.

I am Indian American.

What I'd love in a penpal:

Anything! A willingness to chat.

I'd love to write to someone in Europe, South America, and of course in the U.S.

Sense of humor - no matter how ghastly! (My husband facepalms any time I make a joke or pun)

I can read Spanish and wouldn't mind the opportunity to practice it - however.... lo siento porque necesito mucho practicar.

I hope to catch someone's eye! :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My name is Aaron, and I've never had a pen pal of sorts and think it would be fun. I'm open to pretty much anything for something like this. As far as about me, I'm a weather forecaster by trade and have been doing this for 16 years and I love this job, so I'd more than gladly share some weather secrets... thought probably more than you'd ever want to know. If you'd like to write, send me a PM and I'll give you my address!

Hello, my name is Bonny and I am an 18 year old undergraduate college student residing in NY. I've been a fountain pen user for about 3 years now, though I first held (and destroyed) one when I was about 10 years of age.

I am interested in biology and physical anthropology. I spend my free time playing PC video games and reading. I use to do calligraphy, and draw comics.

I am looking for someone who would not mind, and perhaps even enjoy, long philosophical conversations regarding life and its purpose and so on. I'm willing to talk about pretty much anything, however, as long as it's thoughtful. I'm not the most learned person on many issues/topics outside my few interests but I am always willing to listen and learn.

Domestic US only, due to budget reasons.

"But why do you always speak in riddles?"
"I solve them all."

Hello, my name is Bonny and I am an 18 year old undergraduate college student residing in NY. I've been a fountain pen user for about 3 years now, though I first held (and destroyed) one when I was about 10 years of age.

I am interested in biology and physical anthropology. I spend my free time playing PC video games and reading. I use to do calligraphy, and draw comics.

I am looking for someone who would not mind, and perhaps even enjoy, long philosophical conversations regarding life and its purpose and so on. I'm willing to talk about pretty much anything, however, as long as it's thoughtful. I'm not the most learned person on many issues/topics outside my few interests but I am always willing to listen and learn.

Spoiler the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. We're quite sure.

Spoiler the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. We're quite sure.

Now is that 22 (base 10) if 42 is in base 5? Personally, I hope it's base 15 because I'm sixty-two years old which makes 42 the universal number. No wait, I won't be sixty-two for a few months so 41, not 42 (base 15) should be the one (base 2, 10 or 15).

AUUGHHHHH!!! And I thought the post-Kantian philosophies of German idealism were confusing! Where's Douglas Adams when you need him?

Anyway Bonnie, the purpose of life is to discover the perfect shade of blue writing ink. Life changes so we can expect this purpose to be a never-ending journey, now can't we? Which itself of course, makes the journey the true purpose of life

Edited by Piper 987

Ink has something in common with both money and manure. It's only useful if it's spread around.

Anyway Bonnie, the purpose of life is to discover the perfect shade of blue writing ink. Life changes so we can expect this purpose to be a never-ending journey, now can't we? Which itself of course, makes the journey the true purpose of life

I have found the perfect blue, is my journey over?

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to correspond with some people in the UK, USA, Canada, Japan or anywhere for that matter, I enjoy writing to and hearing from people, sadly several of the people I corresponded with on a regular basis seemed to have dropped off which is so sad. :( I tend to write short but often.

Kind regards

Nigel

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Pens: Caran d'Ache Leman Godron, Lamy Safari, Italix Parsons Essential, Mont Blanc LeGrande '90 years' Edition, Sigma Style, Italix Vipers Strike, Parker Sonnet, Omas 360, Parker Duofold (c.1950), Conway Stewart #286, Conway Stewart #24, Onoto Magna Classic in Chased Midnight Blue and SS Trim

Ah.. Shame! I'm from Canada.

I might be in the States for a month and a half this summer though.

Edited by Jackella

Hello, Bonny. This actually sounds quite enjoyable to me. I am reminded of the correspondence between Rainer Maria Rilke and a younger poet, exchanging long letters in a tenor only natural to poets and philosophers. See my introduction a little further up in the thread, and if you are interested I would welcome a PM to exchange contact details. I am in North Carolina.

Best,

Magnus

Magnus | Raleigh, NC [uSA] | @Magnus919 | TerraMagnus

It would be very cool to correspond with some of you. I am learning so much on this site about pens and it is fueling my newest obsession!

Brief Bio:

Female, 50 and then some. I live in Canada (Ontario) but Irish by birth. I work in a law firm and a high tech firm, long story which you would get to hear if we corresponded. Tons of interests, riding dressage, travel, Mustangs (my car) and going on long drives in the "Broomstick".

Feel free to contact me!!

I have found the perfect blue, is my journey over?

No you haven't, there is no perfect blue, the journey is NEVER over.

;)

"Those Who Know What's Best For Us, Must Rise And Save Us From Ourselves."

Witch Hunt - Neil Peart

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Hello!

My name is Gabe and I'm currently living in central Ohio. I'm currently attending The Ohio State University studying Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. I've never done anything like this but I've always been interested and intrigued by the idea. I'm more than willing to learn the ropes!

Other than studying all the time my interests include:

• Music (love listening to the weird and wonderful stuff!)
  • Food and cooking
  • Photography
  • Airplanes and aviation in general
  • Technology
  • Hiking
  • Fountain pens of course
  • Drinking copious amounts of coffee

I'm willing to talk to anyone about almost everything. I love hearing about other people's walks of life. Unfortunately due to a college budget, I can only do within the United States. PM me if interested!

Hello! My name is Elizabeth.

I have decided to pick my pens back up and start writing letters again....but nobody to write to, so I thought I'd start here.

I am a 46 yr old retired physician. Hobbies include illustrated journaling, fashion, writing, reading, music (Classical, especially), pens/paper/ink, and weight lifting. I love kids, birds (have a pet sparrow), dogs, and food.

Favorite things: being Catholic, Noodler's Baystate Blue, mahogany wood floors, jasmine tea, Agent Phil Coulson, logic puzzles, Paleo diet, gouache, and looking at other people's illustrated journals.

If anyone is interested, PM me!

Edited by dagnypup
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Howdy! My name is Mike. I've posted before but now that I have some more time on my hand I can take more correspondences.

I am a 31 year old Greek Orthodox priest from Texas, currently living in Louisiana. My hobbies include philosophy (I am a big fan of Oswald Spengler), jazz and classical music, powerlifting, and cooking. I have a wife, a daughter, a son who is on the way, and I am the servant of two cats.

If anyone is interested, PM me.