Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Jonathan B. (jburchett)

I'm a 22 year old male and I am currently an undergraduate majoring in Biology, aspiring to become a Physical Therapist. I live in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains of Southwest Virginia. My fountain pen love started over a year ago. Since then I have acquired 40+ fountain pens, many cheap with a few mid-range. I'm trying to improve my penmanship and I enjoy writing letters. I enjoy making new acquaintances, so let's be pen pals!

I could do with a couple more pals, if anyone is interested. Feel free to give my profile a look and we will exchange correspondence if you'd like!

J. Burchett
"A pen transmits the voice of the soul" - Fennel Hudson
round-letter-exc.png

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello All!

I'm looking for one or two more penpals. A complete list of interests is in my profile though I will point out that I've recently added film photography to my growing list of hobbies.

If anyone is interested in corresponding, please sent me a PM.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

This whole idea of Pen Pals seems to be catching on...an interesting article I grabbed off Upworth this morning:

http://www.upworthy.com/remember-pen-pals-theyre-coming-back-both-the-snail-mail-and-modern-day-versions?g=2&c=sr1

"You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.” "Forever optimistic with a theme and purpose." "My other pen is oblique and dippy."

I would be interested in a penpal or two...I've been lurking on this thread for a while recently and have been itching to actually do some long-form writing rather than just taking notes at work!

A few tidbits about me...38, male, live in Kansas (go Royals!), work in a Product Management job at a large company, a bit of a nerd (I make a good Trivial Pursuit partner, so I'm told), love to read (just finishing both the Dresden and Hollows books, but read many other things beyond sci-fi). Other hobbies are golf, working out at our gym, coffee (I'm a bit OCD about my espresso) and politics, however, I do understand that many here aren't looking for politically-minded discussions, which is totally fine. I can talk about pretty much anything under the sun and am always open to learning something new!

I'm looking for a penpal, not a strong preference to male/female/age...I do think it would be neat to have someone outside the US, but it's not a requirement...the most important thing is simply having something to say. If you're interested, please PM me.

Username: Ahiko

Hello, I'm Dana. I'm looking for a penpal to exchange letters with by mail! I'm not picky about male/female/age or location, but it would be great to send a few letters internationally, to learn about different cultures. :)

I'm in my mid-twenties from California, USA, currently finishing my MS Computer Science degree and formerly studied health sciences.

Random facts about me:

- I have 2 pet bunnies

- I played the flute for over 10 years

- I like reading classical literature

- I like playing video games

- I like writing stories and wish to write my own book some day

- I'm a huge planner addict

- I journal daily and hope to write a book some day

- I am a novice fountain pen user

- Sometimes I feel I should have been born 250-500 years ago, back when mailing letters and having pretty penmanship was important

- I am an INFP 4w3 sp/so in Myers-Briggs Personality Types

I plan to be working on the following projects in the coming months and would be interested in sharing my progress as well:

- Music: Taffanel et Gaubert 16 Grands Exercises

- Literature: The Harvard Classics

- Penmanship: Spencerian Pensmanship

If you're willing to be penpals who exchange their dreams, goals and how they're reaching it as well as write about anything that piques your interest and imagination on a monthly basis, I'd love to be your penpal. ^_^

PS. Here's a photo of my writing slope and some letter locking I've been practicing!

PPS. Random fountain pen info that I will be corresponding with!

My current pens are:

- Pilot Elite 95S (EF)

- Platinum Desk Pen (EF, F)

- Cross Century Classic (F, M)

- Coles Calligraphy Quill Pen

As well as some inks I may be able to trade:

- J. Herbin Rouge Bourgogne

- J. Herbin Scented Red Rose

- J. Herbin Perle Noire

post-125401-0-15875300-1447638665_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ahiko

I'll give this another shot now that life has settled somewhat.

Early twenties, no college education (can't stand the lectures),and according to some, fairly well learned. I'd rather be outdoors or carving spoons in my workshop, I'm an avid vaper with a weakness for expensive (read quality) knives and axes and leatherwork.

If anyone thinks they're interested, drop me a message. I have no preference on age, location, gender etc... Worth noting is that I am Heathen (universalist Asatru) but I am open to discussing religion with anyone intersted. Just no politics.

And to the few penpals I had before, I apologize. I had some personal matters get in the way of getting anything accomplished this past year.

Posted on this forum years ago and was writing to many FPNetworkers. It was very enjoyable. I was very busy for several years and could not keep up the pace but now I am ready to write.

I am a retired teacher but don't worry, I will not correct your letters. I am interested in both modern and antique pens. I have lots of ink and I intend to use it! I would love to hear from fellow pen people!

I was once inactive, but I am now back in business and would like to start writing again, in earnest. I am a retired senior education officer from the Australian TAFE system and have wide interests (too many, if you ask my wife.) My interests cover science fiction, modern and ancient history, astronomy, general science, environmental science and the classics. I am also interested in carpentry and of course fountain pens, inks and good paper. Check my page. See what you think.

I would like to correspond with a couple people. A little about me.

I am 39, and a married father of two. I am a minister that specializes in non traditional ministries (motorcycle clubs, homeless, youth, etc.). I am currently a manager of a restaurant and cigar shop. In college I studied physics, communications, criminal justice, and theology (of course). My main interests are cigars, motorcycles, homebrewing, american history, freemasonry, and theology. I read alot. My favorite authors currently are Tim Dorsey, Harry Crews, and Robert Rankin.

I am looking for a couple people to write to who dont mind humor and colorful descriptions/language. I would prefer to write with someone in the US, but wouldnt mind international writers as well.

I will finish this with a small caveat...my handwriting is not the best, but I am getting better.

Rev. Zack

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

F. Scott Fitzgerald

I am curious to correspond with someone. I filled out a short introduction in my profile page, so if I seem interesting, send me a PM! I am just starting to learn how to write properly, so you'll have to bear with me.

Cheers!

I couldn't figure out how to edit my original post, but I wanted to just put this here instead of making people go to my profile. I'm a 29 year old DNP nurse practitioner student with just over one year until I graduate. I am married to my wife of four years, who is a high school english teacher. We have a three year old golden retriever named Loki, and a cat we found and rescued called Simon.

I enjoy touring on my 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100, and have been fortunate enough to have done the Lake Superior Circle tour, and the Blue Ridge Parkway on it, among other shorter journeys.
Finally, I greatly enjoy coffee! We are fortunate to have a small coffee shop in town that buys beans direct from an importer, so I get fresh beans! I also enjoy tea.
So, if I'm someone you'd like to converse with, please feel free to!

I'm still looking for one or two new penpals. I'm into motrocycles, video games, pizza, cigars, and film photography. There's a more complete list of everything under my bio. If you're interested, send me a PM.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hello!!

I would like to join the list! :D

So, about myself?

First and foremost, forgive me for now having a profile picture & full profile on the forums. :rolleyes: I just created my account (yesterday?) and I need certain longevity in the forums to start unlocking picture upload, profile editing, etc..

I am a 26 year old, male, Mechanical Engineer. I am currently pursuing my Master's Degree in the same field with a concentration in Control Systems, God willing, I will be graduating during May 2016. I am developing a Control System to make cars driverless, that is my thesis topic. It's fun!

You can find me in the lower valley of Texas, USA. Although not for long, I will be moving to Germany after my Master's Degree graduation to pursue further education.

I love drinking tea and playing the acoustic guitar. I may not be the greatest artist but I like drawing/coloring, sometimes with colored pencils, or watercolors. I also like plastic modeling, but this particular hobby has taken me at minimum a year per project, it is too detailed and I don't have the luxury of much spare time. Fairly new to Fountain Pens, you can definitely teach me a lot.

The most I enjoy is to have a cultural exchange when I meet someone new. :)

Send me a PM if you would like to exchange snail mail, I lost my pen pal about a year ago and would love to get back at it. I love writing!!

-Peppers

Edited by Peppers

I have dreamt of the day where I am holding a Waterman Carene. Sigh... seems too distant I can only see the fog far away.

Username: Ahiko
PS. Here's a photo of my writing slope and some letter locking I've been practicing!

That is a nice setup. Does the slope help with Spencerian in any way?

Ok, I want to give this a try. All the more reasons to play with pens and ink :).

My name is Gustavo, I am 30 years old, and I (re) joined the fountain pen world about 10 months ago. I work as a teacher in a certain Statistics department. I think I have way too many interests, but here are some of the things that I like a lot (in no particular order):

• Music! The classic heavy metal :) Rarely, though, I'll listen to something like Rachmaninoff and, of course, Bach. But 98% of the time: good old heavy metal. I have an electric guitar, but I cannot find the time to play lately.
  • Science: Physics, Mathematics, and all the nice branches.
  • Video Games: Fan of classical series like Final Fantasy, Megaman, Mario, Ninja Gaiden, Bomberman and alike, but I also enjoy the new ones. Gotta love Steam :). Currently (kind of) playing Final Fantasy XIV.
  • Wines and a few spirits: I like wines. It is possible to like them without being snob! Spirits, nowadays, in cocktails with ice. Lots of ice. This place is really hot. Seriously.
  • Coffee: Black. No milk. No cream. No sugar. Black coffee. Every morning. I would sell my pens to buy coffee if it comes to that one day.
  • Go (the board game): the best game, and that was how i met my girlfriend.
  • I have a marginal interest in drawing.
  • A few shows on Netflix. Currently watching Jessica Jones (just ended), The Good Wife, How I Met Your Mother...

Guess that is it. PM me if you like it :).

Edited by lgbpinho

• 2 weeks later...

I've been corresponding for years and would like to add a few new pen pals. Please check my profile and send me a PM if you'd like to exchange letters. For those shy folks, I volunteer to send the first one!

Edited by VertOlivia

"Ravens play with lost time."

Hi,

I'm a senior year business administration Spanish student looking for someone to write about politics, economics, finance, etc. (and obviously FP's). Preferably from the UK and/or Asia.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Greetings all!

My name is Steve, I have just recently fallen into the trap of fountain pen collecting and as a result I have recently stumbled upon this wonderful forum. I am a 27 years old Mechanical Engineer working in the Petroleum Engineering Field. I am interested in all points of view even if I disagree with you as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. Furthermore, I invest an interest in others opinions as I believe it is important to consider other viewpoints which provides a great sense of perspective. Additionally, I believe formal writing correspondence to be an art form which is unfortunately seriously underrated by society today. I have many interests from current events to various hobbies; please feel free to PM me to discuss specifics or if you wish to start a dialogue.

Cheers!

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

Hey all! I'm 17 and would love to have pencils from anywhere, but especially internationally and even more specifically england! Im from the US and love fountain pens (why else would i be here?), Dressing in suits, and just general knowledge gaining and learning about new people and places! Let's bring the letter back guys!

I am a long time member of FPN and haven't posted in a long time because I have been busy with work and life in general. I have 7 or 8 pen pals that I have exchanged letters with for years. I used to write to more people but for one reason or another several of them just stopped writing and I am looking for new people to write to. Send me a message with your interests and your mailing address and hopefully we can exchange letters.

Thanks,

Carl Kibler

Edited by cakibler

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)