Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all,

I am fairly new to the fountain pen game as far as collecting and actually using pens goes, but I have always had a love for writing and receiving letters. I would love to have a few people to regularly write to, as my collection is increasing since getting my first pen at the end of 2014. I'm also acquiring inks quickly and want to put them to good use.

Please pm me if you are looking for an extra person to share thought with- I have too many interests to list, I tend to have a general interest in many things, rather than being heavily invested in a few.

Looking forward to getting to know some fellow fpn members!

Natalia

Hello all!

Looking for a few penpals. I'm in my mid 50's, female, married. We have two Shih-Tzu dogs who rule the roost. I live in Texas and work as a Registered Nurse, hubby is retired. I love fountian pens, writing, and meeting new people. I am interested in reading, Brit TV, fitness, weaving, knitting, and spinning yarn.

Would love to write and receive snail mail letters. It will be fun to get back into the groove of writing again.

No Religion or Politics please.

I would love a couple more pen pals, so I'll throw myself into the mix as well:

26 year old female

Married for 2 years to my wonderful husband

No children but do have a pet hedge hog

Social worker and interested in becoming a play therapist some day

Hobbies include knitting, running, reading, hiking and exploring, journaling, and letter writing

Obscure things that I love include my pens (obviously!), ink and paper, making soup, whales, the ocean, drinking coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon, the fall season, and thunder storms.

I am looking for a female pen pal, close-ish in age from anywhere really (I previously wrote a post looking for a Scottish or Dutch pen pal, and while I'd still love to hear from someone from those places, I'd love to hear from people from other places as well :) ).

Feel free to DM me if you'd like!

I apologize to my penpals for the delay in writing. My MS has been giving me a hard time due to the heat. I'm beginning to get back on track!

I apologize to my penpals for the delay in writing. My MS has been giving me a hard time due to the heat. I'm beginning to get back on track!

No worries! Hope all is well :)

J. Burchett
"A pen transmits the voice of the soul" - Fennel Hudson
round-letter-exc.png

I'm interested in getting in the pen pal game and using up some of this ink that I've been accumulating! : )

I'm 28, female, and married. No kids, but we have two german shepherds and a cat. I'm currently living in southeastern Virginia.

I teach middle school social studies (US history, government, World geography) and science (physical and Earth/ space, mostly). I'm probably most able to sustain long discussions in any of those areas or about education in general, but I enjoy learning new things!

Hobbies (besides pens/ink, naturally) include walking, knitting, (beginning) gardening, reading, travel, and organizing/ planning things. (Don't ask me why, but I really like figuring out college degree plans.)

I spent several summers in Germany and a semester in Turkey in college, and would be interested in corresponding with someone from there (especially if you're willing to put up with some of my poor language skills) but I'd like some pen pals from anywhere!

Drop me a line if you're interested; I'd love to hear from you!

-Kari

I'm interested in using up some of this ink that I've been accumulating! : )

Best reason in the world to write lots of letters. :)

Hello to the community!

I am a 24 years old physicist from Greece. I recently graduated and now I no longer write as frequent with my pens, that makes me sad. So I am looking for some friends from all over the world to use our pens, build a friendly relationship and share the excitement of a letter.

Some things about me. My two biggest passions are cinema and photography (I am still learning but I love them both). I enjoy watching good movies, reading and debating about them. When the light is appealing, I like to go outside with my camera. When it's not, I prefer to view some photographs and get inspired by them. When there is no light, I can always go to the darkroom.

Topics that would be interesting to discuss: everyday life, your country, politics, hobbies, books, music, movies, jokes and of course pens and inks.

Just send me a message and we can start writing!

Hey everyone!

I am 23 years old from the prairies in Canada. I am recently engaged and we have a 5 month old Golden Retriever named Oakley. I am a recent University graduate with a Finance degree. I have been hooked on fountain pens for just over a year now and I enjoy writing with and about them so much that I started a blog The Pen Haul. My hobbies include hockey, baseball, golf, writing, reading, and drinking coffee.

I am new to pen pals so send me a message and we can get this going! I am open to talk about basically anything!

Check out my new blog, thepenhaul.com

I've been swapping postcards via postcrossing.com and more recently through FPN but I'd love to do more than that. I guess it's time to toss my name in the ring; I'm looking for one or perhaps two pen pals.

I'm 36, male, and have been married to my wife for 14 years. We have four elementary age children. I live in the rural midwest, USA though I grew up in a larger city in New England (NE USA). I'm college-educated and need to give my fountain pens some exercise. I enjoy fountain pens, obviously, as well as reading, computers, hunting, games, and photography. I'm an analytical personality but I LOVE to joke around, especially kiddie jokes and lame puns. If someone were interested in an ongoing correspondence game (such as but not limited to chess), I'd be open to that as well.

I'm open to domestic or international pen pals but would prefer someone male, beyond college-age, and willing to write somewhat regularly. I'm not expecting immediate turn around on all letters and am quite happy to be patient waiting for the next installment. On the other hand, I'd prefer the general pattern to be days or weeks rather than months between letters.

Full disclosure: I'm a conservative evangelical Christian pastor. Let me clarify what that does and does not mean lest I unnecessarily attract or repel potential pen pals. Contrary to one of the most common media caricatures, I am not a ranting, raving maniac who hates or fears those with whom I disagree. Also contrary to caricature, I am not a "self-identified evangelical" who has little to do with church and doesn't believe the major tenets of Christianity but still insists on being considered a Christian and supposedly represents Christianity. I'm just a follower of Jesus who believes the Bible is true (as generally understood by Christians across cultures and centuries--aka orthodox, historical Christianity) and seeks to live out my faith in daily life. I'm not looking to jam religion down anyone's throat but am open to talking about faith in Christ if I happen to end up with a pen pal who is interested that. If not, that's fine too.

If you might be interested, shoot me a PM.

I've picked up a couple of pen pals already and don't want to overcommit. No more for now, at least until I see what the rhythm of this letter writing requires. My apologies to those I was unable to confirm as pen pals.

Gordon Hooker

I live in Australia and would love to get to know 2 or 3 pen pals. I am 63 years old, I have a lovely bride, 6 children, 12 grand children and 1 great grand child. I love to ride motor cycles, I love fishing, music, and collecting and using my fountain pens. I am an Anglican and a professed member of the 3rd Order of the Society of St. Francis.

I would love to hear from people with similar interest and would like a letter from time to time.

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

I'm in two minds about asking for more at the moment, considering I'm taking part in 5 Questions 5 Letters challenge for this month.

!

Hello,

My name is Enrico (Henry), I'm italian, living in Italy. I like travelling and learning languages. I'm 49 years old, married (for the second time), no children. I would like to exchange letters because I prefer to write and to receive traditional letters instead of emails.

I am looking for a couple of pen friends, no matter which is age, religion, nationality or gender.

I have four on my list so I have enough to keep me busy with letter writing.

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

I would love a couple more pen pals, so I'll throw myself into the mix as well:

26 year old female

Married for 2 years to my wonderful husband

No children but do have a pet hedge hog

Social worker and interested in becoming a play therapist some day

Hobbies include knitting, running, reading, hiking and exploring, journaling, and letter writing

Obscure things that I love include my pens (obviously!), ink and paper, making soup, whales, the ocean, drinking coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon, the fall season, and thunder storms.

I am looking for a female pen pal, close-ish in age from anywhere really (I previously wrote a post looking for a Scottish or Dutch pen pal, and while I'd still love to hear from someone from those places, I'd love to hear from people from other places as well :) ).

Feel free to DM me if you'd like!

Hello! I will message you, gosh you sound awfully like me and it would be lovely to have a pen pal. :D

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

-27 year old female.

-Artist. Writer. Designer. More. I wear multiple professional hats.

-Lives with boyfriend.

-Kinda weird (more of a heads-up than an identity declaration). Not really head-in-space weird, just... I guess a good word is intense. I like talking about interesting topics and I don't mind being honest about myself. I like sharing in written form.

-Three cats that are 15 lbs or bigger. They are extra large cats, no special breed. I love animals in general.

-The natural sciences fascinate me.

-Trying to figure out the post-college millennial life in silicon valley while not having a tech degree, nor wanting to go into business, pure marketing, or HR.

Hobbies include: fountain pens, tea, latent knitting (really excited to getting back into it when it gets below 70 routinely here in California), gardening, playing music, learning languages, and more. I love learning and trying new things. I have done rock climbing, martial arts, figure modeling, and weight training--all of which are things I continue to be interested in when my brain has capacity for it. I took belly dance for a few years about 7 years ago, and had to take a break. Eventually I'd like to get back into it.

I'm looking for writers who feel that they would get along with me. I don't necessarily mind male or female. It's nice to find similar people my age interested in this hobby. However, I'm happy to write (and talk) with various people. Variety is the spice of life.

My Japanese and French language skills always need improvement. My Japanese skills are better than my French. I'd be happy to have this as part of my pen pal exchange with one person, or all of the exchange.

PM me! I'd be happy to get a couple pen pals.

Edited by minaa

Looking for Japanese and French language pen pals!

Snail Mail Exchange Partipant. Letter Writer Alliance member.

2 pen pals so far! I'm hoping to get one or two more :)

Looking for Japanese and French language pen pals!

Snail Mail Exchange Partipant. Letter Writer Alliance member.

I'll give this another go.

I'm a 32 y.o. male, married with two kids.

I'm a registered nurse. Originally from Japan, lived in Texas for 10 years, now in Canada for 6 years.

My interests are reading, fountain pens (of course), wet shaving, sports, etc.

I am looking for pen pals anywhere in the world.

Any age, background, countries, but guys only (sorry, my wife is traditional and feels unconfortable having correspondence with women)

PM me if you are looking for a pen pal.

KG