Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Hi Guys

I guess I need to write a description of what I am like and what I am looking for but it is quite simple - I am looking for someone female to write to, preferably someone who wants to write back!

Check out my profile for the 'about me' bit, if anyone out there is interested in corresponding via snail mail (and occasionally email) then drop me a PM and lets get started :)

Sam x

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello. I would love to write some letters as well. :)

I've never really had any penpals, but I would definitely like to start. If anything else, it would give my fountain pens more use than they're getting right now by coming to work with me.

To introduce myself -- my name is Max, I'm a 19 year old college drop-out living in my hometown of Toronto, Canada working as a sort of "file monkey" for a fairly large North American life insurance company while I wait to go back to a different college in September.

I guess I would say that in a way I am a typical "average guy." I love everything cars, guns (although I do not own any, 'cause Canada), beer, steaks... As well as fountain pens (of course), history, and practically anything to do with computers and tech. I also love to read, and try to always be reading a novel if I have the time (although I will often decide to game with some buddies instead of going off reading). I don't really follow sports at all (unless you count some motorsports), so I guess I'm not that typical. I also love to watch many TV shows, as well as movies. In a way I would say that I am a little confused politically -- I'm generally quite liberal, although there are some things on which I think I have "conservative" views(?). I'm not much for religion, so that would not really be a big topic of conversation.

Well, that's me sort of "in a nutshell," if anyone is interested feel free to PM or email me for details. :)

Edited by RookSeven
http://i.imgur.com/05HpL.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ifi8V.png

Pining to Practice your Penmanship? Partake of Polite Pleasantries? If you're Poised to Pick up your Pen Pick me as a PenPal. :thumbup:

Hey, somebody P'd all over the snail mail list! Ewww! :vbg:

Question Reality

Pining to Practice your Penmanship? Partake of Polite Pleasantries? If you're Poised to Pick up your Pen Pick me as a PenPal. :thumbup:

If you Partake of her Proposition, you will Pleasantly Pleased with the Pulchritude of her Proffered Prose on Paper!

:cloud9:

I had initially steered clear of this because I get busy and was afraid I wouldn't follow through. But I've been writing to Tawanda, and having a great time doing so. (Whether she thinks my letters are rubbish is another matter *altogether*). So, I'd like to join in. PM me if you want a letter.

A little about me. I like lots of different pens (vintage and modern, flex and nail, even some stylos!) and lots of different inks (it's the whole Gemini thing, don't ya' know). I do seem to have a particular fixation for orange... :hmm1: I like to travel when I can - lately it's been the Far East (for work - mostly Taiwan several times, but also Singapore, and South Korea, with personal trips to Cambodia and Vietnam recently), though a recent trip to the Azores (also for work, Terceira, with a side trip to Sao Jorge) was completely delightful, and I fully intend to go back the first chance I get (Corvo and Flores this time, or Pico with a climb up the volcano if I can get back in shape).

I'm likely to be on the rambling spectrum of things, letter-content-wise (as you can tell), but I will probably be entertaining, at the very least. (In that "who is this nutter?!" kind of way). I accumulate/collect books (though generally not super-fragile/precious ones, since, similar to using all my pens, I like to read them). As an example of my schizoid tastes in books (similar to my pen/ink tastes), I have a first US edition (1915), second printing of A Boy's Will by Robert Frost (beaten up and incribed with the owner's name, "user" grade, if you will, but it makes me *SO* happy to hold it...) sitting next to a 1959 eighth printing of Howl and other poems by Allen Ginsberg (with Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnets from the Portuguese and Kahlil Gibran's Sand and Foam lurking behind). I blame my father entirely for this, as he collects books as well. I *do* have everything Simon Winchester has ever written, though. So does my Dad (we agree on that!) :D And lest you think my letters will be entirely cerebral, note that I am in San Antonio, Texas. There is a very real risk of receiving rants about skunks, armadillos, urban deer, and the fact that it's too hot and it hasn't rained...

And yes, I do indeed like eating peanuts with chopsticks (as you can see from my signature). And those special, special people who have bothered to visit my member profile know that I also have seven kinds of mustard in my refrigerator (though I've recently gotten a tip from a fellow FPN member to try Herlocher's dipping mustard, which would bring it to eight). Mustard is *very* important...

Oh, and I like dancing bunnies. :bunny01:

A lot.

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Sooooo... If this little introduction makes you want to run screaming, well then, move along to the next post. If it sounds remotely amusing, PM me and I'll write you a letter. And never forget - you can always use letters as good firestarters or wadded up as packing when shipping pens... :P

(Edit: So where do I get those cute little thingies people put in their sig lines saying they're in the letter exchange? Presuming anyone wants me to write, of course.... :unsure: )

Edited by kushbaby

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

I had initially steered clear of this because I get busy and was afraid I wouldn't follow through. But I've been writing to Tawanda, and having a great time doing so. (Whether she thinks my letters are rubbish is another matter *altogether*). So, I'd like to join in. PM me if you want a letter.

A little about me. I like lots of different pens (vintage and modern, flex and nail, even some stylos!) and lots of different inks (it's the whole Gemini thing, don't ya' know). I do seem to have a particular fixation for orange... :hmm1: I like to travel when I can - lately it's been the Far East (for work - mostly Taiwan several times, but also Singapore, and South Korea, with personal trips to Cambodia and Vietnam recently), though a recent trip to the Azores (also for work, Terceira, with a side trip to Sao Jorge) was completely delightful, and I fully intend to go back the first chance I get (Corvo and Flores this time, or Pico with a climb up the volcano if I can get back in shape).

I'm likely to be on the rambling spectrum of things, letter-content-wise (as you can tell), but I will probably be entertaining, at the very least. (In that "who is this nutter?!" kind of way). I accumulate/collect books (though generally not super-fragile/precious ones, since, similar to using all my pens, I like to read them). As an example of my schizoid tastes in books (similar to my pen/ink tastes), I have a first US edition (1915), second printing of A Boy's Will by Robert Frost (beaten up and incribed with the owner's name, "user" grade, if you will, but it makes me *SO* happy to hold it...) sitting next to a 1959 eighth printing of Howl and other poems by Allen Ginsberg (with Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnets from the Portuguese and Kahlil Gibran's Sand and Foam lurking behind). I blame my father entirely for this, as he collects books as well. I *do* have everything Simon Winchester has ever written, though. So does my Dad (we agree on that!) :D And lest you think my letters will be entirely cerebral, note that I am in San Antonio, Texas. There is a very real risk of receiving rants about skunks, armadillos, urban deer, and the fact that it's too hot and it hasn't rained...

And yes, I do indeed like eating peanuts with chopsticks (as you can see from my signature). And those special, special people who have bothered to visit my member profile know that I also have seven kinds of mustard in my refrigerator (though I've recently gotten a tip from a fellow FPN member to try Herlocher's dipping mustard, which would bring it to eight). Mustard is *very* important...

Oh, and I like dancing bunnies. :bunny01:

A lot.

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Sooooo... If this little introduction makes you want to run screaming, well then, move along to the next post. If it sounds remotely amusing, PM me and I'll write you a letter. And never forget - you can always use letters as good firestarters or wadded up as packing when shipping pens... :P

(Edit: So where do I get those cute little thingies people put in their sig lines saying they're in the letter exchange? Presuming anyone wants me to write, of course.... :unsure: )

I think you'll find the letter exchange sig line dealies pinned at the head of this forum. Good luck!

I think you'll find the letter exchange sig line dealies pinned at the head of this forum. Good luck!

Excellent! Thanks!!!! :thumbup:

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

Hi,

I would like to be included in the snail mail list.

Bisquitlips.

I am a 55 year of professional male that has collected pens, ephemera, handwritten diaries, and such for about 20 years or so.

Please send me an IM if you would like to exchange mail.

Regards!

Richard

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Well, since the world didn't end yesterday, I suppose I can post on here. :D

My name is Jeremy. I'm 23, and I am finishing up my last quarter in computer science. I'm an open-minded atheist, and I have tons of interests. Here's some of them:

- Operating systems (Linux, OpenBSD)

- Programming (C, ruby)

- Photography (polaroid, 35mm, holgas)

- My 1988 Honda CRX Si, and cars in general

- Pens! (duh)

- Watches (G-Shocks and mechanical watches)

- Music (all kinds. Mainly post-hardcore, punk, pop-punk, progressive, rock)

- Radio scanning

- Riding bikes, rollerblading, skateboarding badly

- Calculators

Some of my favorite books:

- Stranger in a Strange Land

- Ender's Game series

- House of Leaves

- Little Brother

- John Dies at the End

That's all I can think of. If you want to be pen pals, drop me a PM!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Melissa Im 24 yrs old I live in GA for about five years now. My friend told me about this website. I thought I would join it sounded like a neat site. I have Cerebral palsy CP for short. I love to read music is another passion of mine I listen to pretty much anything. Im a huge animal lover I have fours cats. I volunteer at my friend classroom three days a week.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I wouldn't be a frequent writer, but once every few weeks would be great.

I'm into the outdoors, gardening, fishing, poetry (reading and writing), learning, cooking/eating good food, and of course using and collecting fountain pens.

Send a message if you want to exchange the random letter.

the pen is the window into the writer's soul

www.spinningtrees.webuda.com

Hi, folks! I joined this forum a few days, and encouraging me to write before I visited the different sections, until I came to this section and I could not resist being part of this.

My name is Ricardo, Peru, 38 years old, married (I wonder if I've updated my profile) and until recently I have resumed my interest in fountain pens. I like writing (duh!) and would be great if I could correspond with friends from other countries.

PM me if you're interested!

P.S. My English is not quite good so my answer to your letter may take a while to be answered.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I've always wanted a penpal who can write in Hebrew. Anyone fit that criteria (anywhere you live) that wants to try corresponding in Hebrew with me? I am a PhD student in physics at Rutgers and enjoy talking about pretty much anything.

Currently Inked:

Lamy Safari - Noodlers Zhivago

Hi Fort Smith Arkansas. To those that I write regularly fresh letters are on the way. I looking to add sereval more people to write to. Full details about me are in proflie.

God is my Strength.

Brad http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

If you're interested in exchanging letters with a 35 year old Texan who is interested in history, firearms, mechanical watches, military aircraft, spacecraft, and other eclectic interests, let me know. I just recently became interested in fountain pens, and I think it would be interesting to hear about day to day life pretty much anywhere but the U.S. PM me your address if you are interested. Have a good one!

Happily sliding down the slippery slope of fountain pen acquisition disorder.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I'm in! I write letters to friends from back home, but they tend to not reply very fast. So I would love to give this a shot.

My name is Michael Ward, I am a 28 year old Canadian, living in California. I have been writing with fountain pens for some time now. I'd say 98% of my writing is done with vintage flex, dip quills, or now my Noodler's creeper. I look to be about 20 years old or so, but have been obsessed with "older" things my entire life. I am a hip hop and tap dancer (tours, movies, music videos, tv shows, etc...) by profession, but also have a custom shoe business/clothing line that I run out my my apartment. I consider myself a collector of hobbies, and am known for learning/studying new things all the time.

Hah, I feel like I'm writing a bio for e-harmony or something. :thumbup: If you feel like getting some random letters about whatever I happen to be up to, or have been studying lately, send me a PM. I'd like to think I wouldn't disappoint.

:ninja: Swavey

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/PoppinSwav/FPNsig.jpghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I recently wrote a handwritten letter to my 6th grade teacher (she found an old poem of mine, it turned out to be the worst limerick ever, but that is for another thread). And, though I had to write it twice, because after I wrote it, I thought, "I have a $30 pen, that should look better than that."

It was fun to do...so I'll bite...

Name: Nathan

Profession: Long Term Care Administrator (my company provides nursing and direct care staff to 96 individuals with developmental disabilities, mental retardation, autism, multiple disabilities, etc.)

Hobbies/Interests: Weightlifting, Basketball, Wetshaving (straight razors), Pens (my newest interest), Music (listening and playing guitar, bass, tamburica family of instruments (prim, brac, celo, kontra, berde).

Other: A liberal, atheist who grew up in a religious Serbian culture, punk/ska/rockabilly rocker who grew up listening to country, classic rock, and tamburica (Serbian/Croatian folk music).

I tend to talk about my kids, and my wife, and my family a lot. My best friends are my wife, my brothers, and my cousins. Currently playing more basketball than music, but I love them both.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.png

- FPN LE Stipula Passaporto F & M Italic

- FPN LE Modellto-T

- Badger & Blade Edison Glenmont LE (M nib)