• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a reminder. InCoWriMo has pre-released it's addresses of folks who are participating in the February event. https://incowrimo-2019.org/

Final and amended list will be done on the 31st. Happy Scribbling.

Though please be aware that many on there are not fountain pen fanatics, or at least, not yet!

!

A bit of background, if it's helpful...

I travel almost full-time and have for over a decade (partly for business, but mostly cause I want to). Grew up in the Rockies so I'm a mountain man at heart. I always gravitate to locations with mountains (Sierras, Rockies, Alps, etc) and have lived all over North America and Europe (and the Philippines, but that was a while ago). Besides my love for all things fountain pens, inks, and paper, I love motorcycles (put over 20k miles on mine last year), anything outdoors (camping, hiking, etc), animals (especially my cat, Songi), literature, history, yummy tea (Lapsang souchong and Fortnum & Mason's Royal Blend are my favs at the moment), and a gazillion other things. I have yet to meet a person with whom I can't connect about something - there are so many awesome things in life that there's bound to be a shared interest somewhere.

Cheers,

b

I've been writing to a couple of folks I met here and am really enjoying it and would like to add a couple more. A little about me...

I'll be 65 in April and working full time selling medical software. I work form home and my pens are never far away. I only have 9 but use them in rotation every day for pretty much everything. I suppose I am a fan vs a collector. I am always out of town for biz when the LA pen show happens so that box hasn't been checked yet. :)

I can't draw pretty envelopes and have average but legible handwriting (but working on that).

I'm open to pretty much any sort of discussion but tend to avoid confrontational conversation...I just don't see the need for that in this environment. I love the sciences, especially astronomy and all things related to space. I've been married 40 years, two grown children an no grandkids (yet). We live in Mission Viejo, CA (which is near Los Angeles). Shoot me a PM if you'd like to correspond.

I've posted here about a year ago but fell apart from my pen pals and writing in general for a bit as other hobbies took the front seat. I have way to many hobbies but I love them all so trying to balance out the time I have for each has been a learning experience haha.

In prep for Incowrimo 2019 I figured I would post here again. I'm a 33 yr old guy that works in IT as a support tech working on servers and workstations all day which can get mentally exhausting so my hobbies tend to be far from that (though I do love computers and tech). I do like PC gaming but haven't been playing as much lately as last year I got into Mountain biking to get outside and get healthy to combat the years of sitting on my butt all day. I fell in love with riding the my bike and also bought a gravel bike to go along with it. I hate the cold and live in Pittsburgh, PA in the states so I haven't been on the bike since the cold weather hit which has been rough for my health as that kept my motivation going for exercising.

I also have gotten into Art recently and learning draw, paint with acrylics, water color and colored pencil as I've always admired people that could create nice art and wanted to learn.
Of course I love fountain pens and have quite a collection of new modern pens and vintage pens that I have repaired. I was really into repairing pens but have sort of eased off that due to time constraints, now I just like using the pens I have and of course sneaking a new one into the collection once in a while :).

Another hobby of mine is 3d printing, I have 2 3D printers and like to model things up in Cad to make new things to make my life easier or just for fun like the custom colored pencil desk organizer with built in sharpener I designed.. I also like just printing random cool looking stuff from online as well lol. Like a big T-Rex skull I printed.
I like fishing , mostly bass fishing but I also go carp and catfishing occasionally.

I don't really put myself on side politically, I have my own opinions and they don't always fall within some broad political umbrella term.

I have 2 dogs and a cat, my dogs are the love of my life right now as I have no kids. Bear is the older female minpin/terrier mix she is an old elderly lady these days but still full of energy. Rocko is my little chunky boy, he is still young and looks like a little potato with a cute face since he is overweight and has little short legs being a mix between dachshund/chihuahua.

I'm looking for new pen friends M or F to write to and talk about our lives, current happenings, pens, and general stuff which pretty much means anything really.. I'm not picky lol.

The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.

Nathaniel Branden

It's a long time since I wrote any letters as a pesky thing called Breast Cancer got in the way in recent years.

I've lost touch with most of my old penpals, so time to throw my hat back in the ring.

Some older forum members will remember me. I'm Carrie, 43 (for a few more days!) and I live on the Isle of Wight with my husband, two Whippets, numerous chickens and assorted fish (hubby claims that all of those come above him in the pecking order!). We both love the countryside of the Isle of Wight and spending time in our garden.

I grew up in the north of England, so our mainland trips are usually to visit family. Many years ago my degree was in Archaeology and History and a Masters in Museum Studies and I still work in museums.

I'm a bit of a lapsed Motorsport fan as location makes it difficult to get to races. We have a couple of Morris Minors which we're trying to do up.

It's a long time since I wrote any letters as a pesky thing called Breast Cancer got in the way in recent years.

I've lost touch with most of my old penpals, so time to throw my hat back in the ring.

Some older forum members will remember me. I'm Carrie, 43 (for a few more days!) and I live on the Isle of Wight with my husband, two Whippets, numerous chickens and assorted fish (hubby claims that all of those come above him in the pecking order!). We both love the countryside of the Isle of Wight and spending time in our garden.

I grew up in the north of England, so our mainland trips are usually to visit family. Many years ago my degree was in Archaeology and History and a Masters in Museum Studies and I still work in museums.

I'm a bit of a lapsed Motorsport fan as location makes it difficult to get to races. We have a couple of Morris Minors which we're trying to do up.

• 4 weeks later...

This seems interesting!

My name is David, username is Daveyisgreat (Futurama reference, anyone?). I live in the Chicagoland area, I'm a guy, 41, and work in education. I have lots of interests that change all the time, and pretty poor handwriting -- but I'm working on it. Maybe this will help!

Looking forward to corresponding!

My name is Alex.

I'm originally from the West Coast, but moved to Michigan and then to Ohio for Law School and then following my now wife. I read a lot, especially Science Fiction and Fantasy. I like writing, and have been trying to do more first drafts by hand. I also play tabletop RPGs.

I'm really interested in seeing everyone's favorite inks as I haven't played around with anything too weird yet.

Speaking of snail mail, just curious...

are there any 'good' Internet sources? I am a very ecclectic sort of person and have always had problems finding the right match.

How strange...I recently got a few new nice pens and the urge to find some correspondence washed over me...and in my search, this posting popped up in my search results (I am a FPN member) and this ad looked really inviting until I noted it was written in 2005, and even worse...that I posted the ad!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am a newly retired 68-year-old, male professor living in San Diego, Ca. I am VERY happily married to a woman from Moscow and have a 23-year old daughter that is the great joy of my life.
I joined Letter Writers Association a few years ago and have a very nice correspondence with a Ceramics professor in Georgia, USA and had a wonderful exchange with a 75-year old woman in Florida until her unexpected death three months ago! We would usually exchange about two letters per month each of multiple pages rambling on about a variety of things from travel to tacos. Ideally, I would like a similarly active coorespondance.
My politics are very liberal, I am not traditionally religious and I am filled with curiosity about other cultures and other lives. Our family is preparing for a long trip to Russia to visit Irina's parents and then on to Budapest, Vienna and Italy. This trip will a celebration of my retirement.
I am seeking a correspondence with someone in the USA just because international mail takes so long in transit. I'd prefer to write to a woman just as a balance to my existing penpals but that's not a necessity.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello!

I am a 52 year old shop owner that loves writing and receiving letters. I am always interested in other lives and viewpoints. People fascinate me. Some of my interests are knitting, fountain pens, movies, dogs (I have 3 rotten babies), and golf.

I just received 2 new pens today, and they need a break-in. Please let me know if you're willing to help me get them rolling!

Ok, so I cannot yet update my profile, so...

Female, 50s, self-employed +15yrs. Incarnations: INS systems analyst, over-the-road truck driver, k-12 substitute teacher, homeschooling parent, trucking company owner, yarn shop owner, tobacco harm reduction advocate, cursive writing returning to public schools promoter, rescuing dogs efforts, spiritual helper, ... That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

My current "work days" are filled with incredible friends. My coworkers are 3 four-legged fur babies that announce and greet every visitor with enthusiasm and cold noses - kisses if invited.

Insofar as topics are concerned, I'm fearless. I cannot be insulted, am often amused, and always informed about the world we are sharing. I welcome all discourse. Nothing is out-of-bounds on my end, but will gladly respect others' boundaries.

Always,

Lorie

Looking for penpal(s). Male, 55, happily married 30 years with 2 grown children. Tangentially connected to organized religion as a part-time pastor (28 years experience) but asking lots of questions about doctrine and faith these days. Love history, especially Europe from the so-called Middle Ages to the Renaissance, but also the history of religious development in the "New World" from inception to present. I am incapable of being offending and absolutely love a spirited debate, as well as, obviously, using my copious collection of pens and inks. Send me a message and I'll send you a letter!

Mike

I am fortunate to have found a couple of great people to write to here already, and I would love to find one or two more!

I enjoy reading (mainly history and literary fiction), music (especially Baroque, but much else besides), unusual/cult films, documentaries, travel, drawing, cooking, and various crafts. I love animals (cats and dogs in particular), interesting buildings (both old and modern), and learning about other countries and cultures. I am female, in the UK, and about to turn 40.

Even though I am a fan of fountain pens, I am more interested in the words on the page than the stationery used to form them. I have been writing to penpals for more than 10 years, and always appreciate receiving a handwritten letter in the post!

• 2 weeks later...

New member here, loving the idea of writing to a pen pal (or more)! A new way I can use my pens and ink and share some of the craziness running around my head. I'm a 32-year old civil servant/fantasy writer who loves to read books and watch awful bad movies. Other hobbies include travelling (mostly Scotland), travel writing, photography, cats, formula 1 and d&d, critical role and other board games. And probably another hundred things. That's what you get with ADD! So if you want to hear about stuff from my crazy brain or want to tell me your own craziness, let me know!

Chantal

I am fairly new to the fountain pen bug. I began to use/collect/hoard last December. Pens, inks and descriptions are a favorite topic for me. Not having much of a background, I love to hear about other people's experiences with their different pens and inks and papers, journals etc... Being 56, I still remember snail mail fondly and would love to hear about other pen fanatics, lives, pens, thoughts and ideas. I am interested, but not well versed in philosophy and would love to converse about ideas. Politically way left so, that may be a fun topic. I love the Spanish language and had a minor in college. I am not very good, but love to converse (as much as I am able to) in Spanish a bit. I have 4 dogs (too many) and love them to bits. My location is in gorgeous Maine, USA. Would love to hear from someone. Oh, and I am female, in case that matters.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

I'm 37, male, live in Portugal with my wife and daughter. I work in healthcare. I'm quite an avid reader with wide ranging tastes but my preferences go to the classics, history, mythology and science fiction. I enjoy travelling and meeting new people, skiing and mountain trekking. As with literature, my tastes in music are quite varied and I enjoy music going from the classical to heavy metal. I must warn the unwary that my penmanship is appalling, although I am doing an effort to get better. If you're willing to try to decipher my scribblings, I'd be happy to have some penpals.
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Several of my long time "corresponders" have fallen away over time. One or two more would be nice. Usually write at least once a month. Always respond nearly promptly. Nearly always include a photograph or more.

Please read my profile "about me" for more info about me.

(click on the picture (avatar) on the left).

PM if you would like to send an intro letter or want me to do that, or find out or share more info.

Aloha

INTJ-A/T

jim

Edited by AlohaJim

Still open to more pen pals. Check out my updated profile if you're interested.

Mike