• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not new to writing letters, but unfortunately since they went out of style, I lack pen pals.

I love reading (sci-fi, fantasy, crime), watching tv shows and painting with watercolor (not amazingly though :D). I'm also working on my first novel (quite literally, I'm writing the first scene (finally), just took a little break) which makes me excited a lot!

I love inks more than pens and spent some money to get some permanent recently, the tattoo kind ;)

I'm 34 turning 35 real soon. What else, I'm a Patriots fan, even thought I'm not from America, I love the NFL.

I try to reply fast, but since my letters usually a few pages long, it takes time. Which means if you need time to reply you don't need to worry about it. :)

"Music..Its language is a language which the soul alone understands, but which the soul can never translate." - Arnold Bennett

Instagram // my inks

Hi everyone!

I used to write a lot of letters but my only remaining pen pal right now is my best friend. I would love to write to more people.

My name is Marlieke, I'm 27 years old, from the Netherlands and I love reading, music and pens. I'm also a journaller, but writing for oneself is different from writing to someone else. In February I'm going back to graduate school to get a teaching degree, it's a dream of mine to get into teaching.

Please message me if you're interested!

PS to prevent disappointment: I'm no good at cursive, so I write 'normally' (is there a name for that?)

Hello!

I've been thinking about working on my correspondence skills for a while now, and with incowrimo next month, I thought it'd be good to add a couple of pen pals to my writing rotation. I'm a 45 year old high school English/Bicycle Mechanics teacher. My wife and daughter amiably tolerate my obsessions with pens and classic steel bicycles, even if they don't share my madness. I grew up with a keyboard and a joystick almost always within reach, and even though I have always enjoyed writing, I used to dislike writing by hand. Over the last several years however, because I discovered the fountain pen only a hundred years after its heyday, I have grown to love the intimacy and art of handwritten language.

I also love teaching literature to high school seniors, eating too much food, riding and building bicycles, and sleeping outdoors. I lean pretty far to the left politically, but I like discussing and understanding other perspectives. I'm a bit of a Shakespeare nerd, and my wife says that I don't actually play guitar but I play with one from time to time.

Ideally, I'd like to write two or three more letters each month. PM me if you'd like to exchange addresses.

Hello there!

I'm a 33y/o dad of three, university administration officer as per job title, besides that a (medium & large format film) photographer, avid darkroom printer, book-translator and publisher (small scale - traditional catholic stuff).

In my spare time (of which there is not much, but daily commute to Prague helps) I devour books (for relax especially travel writing and novels, mostly old, history - at the moment especially the Austro-Hungarian empire and it's cultural richness), I enjoy getting out for a walk or going cycling through the woods and fields.. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and generally making stuff - from wooden toys for children to simple furniture...

And besides all this I wouldn't mind exchange a letter or three now and then with a pal from whatever place on earth. - if nothing else it would be a motivation to write legibly (which I am ashamed to admit is not always the case when writing for myself in my journal)...

Edited by thehobbit

Above all shadows rides the Sun
And Stars for ever dwell:
I will not say the Day is done,
Nor bid the Stars farewell.

---

photography: andrejkutarna.net

Hey everyone!

I've been wanting some pen pals and a reason to use my pens more, would love to be able to meet some new people from anywhere in the world.

I live in the US but like I said any pen pal from anywhere in the world I'm ok with.

A little about me love most sports, books, podcasts, tv, movies, most music, and of course my family. PM me if interested!

Have a great day!

Edited by DBENJI88

Hello all!

Like many of you, not so new to fountain pens but a long time lurker on this forum and relatively new to correspondence! Would love to get to know a few people.

Im 28, a junior doctor from London (UK), Love learning and developing some new skills. Keen reader, interested in graphics and design, film/tv, spend a lot of time listening to podcasts and looking at pens and inks. Trying to use some some of this accumulating ink desperately before I drown in it.

My goal would be to write a letter or two a month, so if you fancy exchanging a few PM me!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm an 18-years-old Italian doing an exchange year in Hannover, Germany. I love to write letters and I've room for other 1-2 pen pals.

I'm interested in languages, travel, history, books (especially classic), sport, politics, natural sciences and always willing to learn new things.

I can correspond in English, Geman, Italian and (maybe) Spanish.

Have a nice day!

Hi there

Though i regularly visit FPN my registration was done just today. Hence excuse me for responding so late.

If Anyone is looking for serious pen pals i would like to start a steady correspondence. Something about me. I am from India, 38 yr old Male, married, one loving daughter and a pet dog. I work in a government job. Sometimes i get fed up with shallowness of technology and digital connectivity and my buzzing mobile phone. I turn to writing.

I have a decent collection of FPs but for me writing is more important. I have interests in reading, bicycling, mindfulness based spirituality and variety of music-movies. I am looking for a penpal so that i can write about my life experiences/ponder and hear from other interesting souls. I believe snail mail gives you chance to slow down, think and introspect. Please let me know if you are interested and we could commence a steady correspondence. Please PM me

As it's been a year almost since I put up a post, here goes again:

About me: I'm 35, happily married and we have 4 cats and a Yorkie. Main interests are music, photography, movies, fantasy and science fiction books, role playing games (both online and tabletop!), cats and obviously fountain pens and inks (a hobby my wife actively encourages!).

We live in Paris due to my current work.

I look forward to exchanging letters soon! Send me a PM if interested!

Fountain pen novice. I am aquiring pens at a frightening pace, I am afraid it might be an addiction... I see I am not alone here on FPN! Latest acquisitions - Platinum 3776 Kumpoo with Diamine Eau de Nil, Opus 88 Koloro inked with Diamine November Rain, Franklin-Christoph Model Pocket 66 prototype inked with Franklin-Christoph Honeycomb.

This is so lovely and I would love to have friends anywhere to write. Here's a little about me:

I am in my mid-30's, married, and father of four brilliant, opinionated children. I am a small business executive, owner and ambassador (seriously, if anyone wants reams of correspondence about the evils of Walmart and McDonalds, just let me know!).

My passions are as varied as is my FP collection, which is to say, all over the place. Top of the list of hobbies is gaining knowledge about my hobbies (see what I did there!), next is knives, especially of the custom (read "expensive") variety - mostly collecting and selling, but recently also making some knives.

Next is pens and accoutrement, especially FPs. Grouped in that is the pursuit of the perfect notebook. Then once I find it, making sure a newer one isn't more perfect than the perfect one. These notebooks are for my incessant note taking, which is primarily the reason for my pen addiction.

After these two, I love music (Americana, classical, classic punk, classic rock, bluegrass, gospel, etc.), art, theater, passionate discussions, world travels, hardware stores, home repairs, dance, livestock, history, woodworking, the list goes on and on.

I have a particular interest in corresponding with mothers (of any age) as I try to relate to my wife and her experience more, but I would love to have more friends anywhere.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I would love to exchange letters, though you'll have to forgive my awful half-print handwriting and forgetful mind.

I'm 26, recently going through recovery from heart surgery, and trying to start my own small business in Tarot reading. I love reading fiction, I'm constantly surrounded by dogs, I make my own hand salve and chapstick, and I am absolutely never without some kind of music playing.

I'm not sure about postage for outside the US and Canada, so if you're not in North America, let me contact my post office first?

Thanks! :)

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

Hello All,

I've been away from the site for a while now. Life and it's a long story.

I would like to get back into the community and possibly reconnect with old pals. Maybe even make more?

I'm 28 years old. Female. Single and loving it. Looking for a new job since I left my old position in order to be with family members which is part of my absence here. I'm the oldest of 4 biological siblings and 2 adopted siblings which is a long story.

Other interests of note:

*Symphonic Metal Music (trust me, I get lots of weird looks when I mention this)

*Origami (I use paper and make certain things out of fabric)

*DOGS. I am a dog lady in the making

*Reading. I typically read young adult novels and complain about them :). Not big on romance

*Plush animals, especially cows and pigs.

*Podcasts. Always ready to learn about new ones. Currently listening to:

• Welcome to Nightvale
  • The Adventure Zone
  • Stuff You Should Know

Not sure what else to say here but that I miss writing to pen pals and I want to start up again. I have no plans to move again for a long time. Wouldn't mind getting mail from overseas either! :)

Edited by Martini25

Every word written is a victory against death. -Michel Butor

(back after being away for a while)

My month corresponding close to daily during InCoWriMo

I really enjoyed corresponding with a few people during the month of February (InCoWriMo) and I want to keep the fun going. I enjoy knowing communicating at a slower pace than Facebook!

I'm looking for a couple of penpals from anywhere around the world ... age, gender and location are not important as long as we have things to talk about --they don't even have to be in common ... sometimes opposites attract.

Correspondence is a great way to use all those pens, sheets of paper and ink that I have ... they also make great subjects of conversation!

Aside from talking about pens, I love photography and cooking ... I'll probably share a few recipes too.

I'm not much of a sports person but I do follow some motor sports like F1 and I'm trying really hard to pick up golf.

I also enjoy current affairs but politics is a prickly subject ...

A bit about me ... I'm 43, Canadian. I speak/write English and French ... so either or both languages are fine for me!

PM if you'd like to exchange letters ... Pat

I don't think I've had a pen pal since the 4th grade. I write letters to my friends and they don't write me back. :(

Anyways, I'm a newbie here and I'm pretty new in collecting fountain pens too. Right now I'm in school as an art major. See I use being an art major as an excuse to buy expensive pens. Heheh anyways this is a great idea, I'd love to have a penpal who shares enthusiasm for pens and stationary. If you write me, I'll for sure write back and even include a drawing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I keep meaning to write one of these posts but it always feels a little egotistical writing a paragraph advertising myself as an interesting person.

I can't promise fascinating well-written prose or even much in the way of legibility, but i can try, hopefully improving my handwriting and letter writing skills as well as making a few friends along the way.

i suppose a little about me is due in one of these so here goes,

I'm a 28 year old female, living in scotland. gothically inclined but in the more somber introspective manner of the late 70's to early 90's. i have a morbid seriousness to me and hopefully something amounting to humour :-) although i doubt that will be noticeable in this post!

perhaps unusually i dislike horror films or gore.

I am a training contortionist with interests in other circus disciplines, and hope to train as a butler in the near future (yes really) hobbies are wide varied and ever increasing and include such notables as

bookbinding (sadly underused currently),

bobbin lacemaking,

poetry,

cooking,

philosophy,

strangely my mind escapes me just now so let's leave it at that but there's a lot. i seem to find just about everything immensely interesting and love learning almost anything new.

the things i hope to learn or have a strong active interest in currently are

learning Korean,

improving my rather poor German language skills

drawing,

technical drawing

caligraphy

penmanship,

a small selection of acrobatic arts

fore-edge painting of large books

portrait miniatures especially enamel, something i don't even try to imagine emulating but can appreciate none the less

and many others i can't quite think of at this time of night.

i'm rather shy, and find writing about myself to be rather difficult unless answering direct questions but i can ramble on for hours about just about anything, especially things that most likely bore others but are in my mind at present.

so if you wish to be bored senseless (or find the same sorts of things interesting as i do) or just like to ramble on about whatever random topic pops into your head that day, or wish to exchange letters with me,

i would love to hear from you!

Not my first post on the thread, but I seem to have shot my self in the foot with a very busy couple of months where I didn't send any responses out. I'll keep it simple here, but am a huge fan of multi-page letters. So you big writers out there don't be shy.

Married

Male

Turning 26

Asatruar

Politically right of center

Interests:

Pens, guns, swords, historical fencing treatises, fiction, hiking, kids, dogs (and more!)

Fair warning I'm forgetful and prone to procrastination. But I try.

I think I will bite at this.

Bio: As of now I am a university student, who is just eagerly getting into fountain pens. I have frequently and rapidly accumulate new interests, however I do maintain my old ones. my current interests are pipe and pen making, calligraphy, reading, cooking, of course pens and a slew of many more.

I started with a Lamy al-star, and have slightly grown my collection of new make pens. Also by the way I am the first ad only of my family and friends to use a fountain pen.

Cheers,

Mihailo

I run on Caffeine, Sarcasm and inappropriate thoughts.

Count me in. I can talk about lots of things not just fountain pens. Check out my profile here and write me. Any age is good. Love to learn from young people and share with people my age.