• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone. Andronas here, looking for a penpal or two.

I am currently an undergraduate English major, aged 28 (non-traditional, yes), and have a variety of interests and life experiences. Other than literature of all sorts, I like talking about psychology, history, current events, culture (old and new), language (learning German!), and some science as well -- just not too technical or math-oriented, please!

If you are interested, please pm me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I’m Jeremías, but you can call me Jere. I’m a 27 year old Philosophy high school teacher. I’m Argentinian, although I’ve been fortunate enough to live here and there.

My main interests are philosophy (obviously), politics, languages, knowing new places… and a few more about which I will surely tell you when I write to you!

I’m interested in people that enjoy long philosophical conversations regarding life, society, the purpose of it all, etc. I am willing to talk about pretty much anything really, as long as it is thoughtful and interesting. I guess I would rather correspond with people who are in their 20’s like me, but that is by no means an exclusive clause!

I realize that most of you reside in the States, but if anyone is interested in corresponding to a country that’s off the beaten track, I would be glad to correspond to you! Do keep in mind, however, that mail in Argentina sometimes gets lost in the shady nooks of some unknown post office. Therefore, if you do decide to write, I would recommend you sent your letter by certified mail.

PM me for my address.

Hope to get word from you!

Hi all!

I'd love to exchange snailmail with a few people (possibly more, but I want to make sure I can keep up) interested in exchanging short (1-2 pages) letters, with the understanding that responses on my side may take up to a couple of months. If you're looking for someone who writes back immediately and with long responses, I'm probably not someone you want as a penpal. I am perfectly fine corresponding with those who have busy lives and may not respond for months. I opt for shorter letters because of the time component and also because I do have tendinitis issues sometimes.

Though I may not be a fast responder, I CAN promise that I will put a lot of effort into making my letters as fun and visually interesting as possible. :-)

Happy to correspond about anything (esp fountain pens, inks and paper) except politics/religion.

My brief background as a fountain pen fan:

I recently fell in love with fountain pens in October 2016, when my husband bought me a Lamy Safari. Since then I've accumulated more Lamy Safaris, Kaweco Sports, Platinum Preppy, Pilot Petit1, Noodler's Flex Ahab and I'm already eyeing others. I love several Iroshizuku inks (Yama Guri, Yama Budo, Kon Peki), Noodler's Bulletproof Blue Upon The Plains Of Abraham, have just discovered Platinum Carbon Black cartridges. The latter is GREAT because it means I can do more drawing for use in watercolor doodles. Hoping to start using fountain pens in my book illustrations someday.

My brief background as a penpal:

I used to write snailmail a lot when I was much younger, and especially adored the whole concept of penpals around the world. Email is convenient and fast, but I miss the old days when correspondence was at a slower and more thoughtful pace. I also love putting effort into a snailmail letter and enjoy adding sketches and doodles.

My other background:

I write and illustrate children's books for a living. Mainly picture books, but I have also illustrated chapter books by Judy Blume (reissues from Atheneum/Simon & Schuster including FRECKLE JUICE) as well as revamping some of her middle grade covers (including ARE YOU THERE GOD? IT'S ME, MARGARET). In addition to picture books and a graphic novel, I'm writing a novel for 8-12 year olds. My first career was a computer programmer/analyst; my education background is in computer science. If anyone's curious, here's how I got my first children's book contract. For those interested in creating children's books, I've compiled a list of answers to questions I'm frequently asked about the craft and business.

Hobbies including making music (with varying degrees of competence, I play piano, flute, Celtic harp, tin whistle, guitar and assorted bangy percussion instruments), writing songs for and performing with an amateur folk group (my songs have aired on national radio), playing board games, doodling/sketching, found object art.

I live in Toronto, have been married for 25 years, have no children. The reason I have such limited time for snailmail is because I'm usually working on several book projects at once, plus I do a lot of work travel.

You can find out more in my profile. :-)

Looking forward to finding a few new correspondents!

Debbie

Edited by DebbieOhi

Debbie Ridpath Ohi - Twitter: @inkyelbows - Instagram: @inkygirl - YouTube: @debbieohi

My FP blog (fountain pen comics and doodles): Debbie Ohi's Inky Journal

Thought I'd follow up on my previous post: I am delighted to have made several new penpal friends, and look forward to corresponding!

Going to hold off starting up any more new correspondences for now until I can make sure I keep up my end of my new correspondences. Very excited about this!

Debbie

Debbie Ridpath Ohi - Twitter: @inkyelbows - Instagram: @inkygirl - YouTube: @debbieohi

My FP blog (fountain pen comics and doodles): Debbie Ohi's Inky Journal

It's been a long time since I was last here. I am looking for a couple of people with whom to exchange letters. I'm an elderly female (but not yet retired, alas!) and I like to write about literature and poetry; classical music, and a few sundry topics. I don't much like reading YA books or sci-fi or dark dystopian fantasies--even if they are real. If you are interested in more, I have an occasional blog at www.gubbinal.com

I have a small collection of pens, but I cannot discuss them infinitely. I am a quintessential cat lady, but without the requisite forum of felines. I consider myself to be very liberal politically. On the other hand, I love European royalty and co-moderate an Anthony Trollope on-line reading group.

I admit that I have been a poor correspondent in the past: I've been an exhausted caretaker for a long time and I have let the ball drop. I want to pick it up again.

You: should be open to reading a poem now and then; should be over 40 years of age and otherwise I leave you free to select your own attributes.

"Tea cleared my head and left me with no misapprehensions".

The Duke of Wellington

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Hiya!

I'm recently getting back into the habit of writing and I wanted to update my intro since I wrote my first one a couple years ago.

I'm 24 years old, living in Wisconsin, USA with my partner David and our two cats. In college I studied English and Music Performance, so I'm a classically trained singer, but very much out of practice. These days I split my work time between an academic and a public library, and I'm hoping to become a librarian someday.

In terms of hobbies (besides pens), I love all things crafty particularly knitting and cross stitch. I do a bit of painting and sewing as well. I'm very interested in history and a bit of a language nerd, so I'm always up for practicing. I'd consider myself intermediate in French and a beginner in German.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to start a correspondence!

Bonita

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

Hi everyone,

I am always looking for another reason to write, and this seems like a fun way make some new friends. I am 26 years old and live in the Indianapolis area. I am a mathematics major and do some tutoring, but am currently working as a mortgage insurance claims reviewer. In my free time, I enjoy reading (mostly literary fiction), watching television, and spending time with friends. I consider myself an open-minded person that loves learning about other people and their experiences. I would prefer to exchange letters relatively regularly, at least a couple of times a month. I will look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Hushmi

Well now, the last time I put my name down here with a bio was 4 years ago so I'm thinking it's time for an update.

I love writing with my fountain pens but I also use them to create pen and ink sketches, mostly what I lovingly call my dots and squiggles art, although once in awhile I play around with straight lines too. I am currently president of our local Arts Club and if there's anything you want to know about heating with a woodstove, well just ask me.

Would love to add a couple of penpals if anyone is up to writing to an old gal closer to 70 than 60. Send me a PM if you think you'd be up for that.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open." James Dewar

http://i49.tinypic.com/2j26aaa.png

Hi there.

I'm a 40 something Brit living in Hong Kong for the past 6 years, into football (proper Association Football not the stuff with shoulder pads :)), Star Trek, reading, 80's music....and have an opinion on just about everything...

Never had a penpal, and my language skills are limited to, limited English but may throw in some Cockney rhyming slang if you wish :D. Please do PM me if you fancy some random scribblings from me on the state of West Ham football club, Kirk v Picard and why Morrissey is my hero......

Never had a penpal, my school exchange trips never went well ;)

Edited by AGxM

Hello to all of you out there, hope you're having a great day !

I'm Théo and I'm an 18 years old guy from Switzerland. I study french, latin and ancien greek literature. I have a passion for books (the object and what it contains), art history (especially from 1850-1950), painting, drawing, guitar, writing and of course fountain pens.

I'm looking for some pen pals since I've never really sent any letter to anyone. Feel free to DM me if you want to start a correspondence, I will gladly exchange with anyone !

Sincerely,

Théo

Hey!

I would love to have a couple people to write to, currently I'm only writing snail mail to my sister (which is great, but it means I only get to write one letter a month!)

I'm a mom, love crafty stuff (scrapbooking, bullet type journaling, card stuff), and love talking about random other stuff too, even if its just movies and tv shows haha. Obviously I have more interests as well, but I'm always excited to hear what other people enjoy too.

Thanks!

It's been years since I received (or written) a letter.... Looking back, I believe that one of the reasons for that fact (although not the only) is the technological appearance of e-mail, and the fast life of university years...

I'm an MD currently living in Belgium, with the cliché bad hand writing... But I promise I'll make an effort...

Best regards, and happy new year!

Letters/snailmail - the 3 Rs - reading, (w)riting and (a)rithmetic - what more do you need!?

I admit to sometimes using a calculator. ;)

Okay, I used to have the Letter Writers Alliance and The Snail Mail Exchange in here. Somehow, my browsers settings and the forum's settings work together to prevent that from being the case at the moment. Whenever I try to update my signature, the whole process breakls down. So. Whatever.

Hi my name is Dean. I would like to have a couple people to exchange letters with. I like just about anything and everything. I used to write a lot of letters but have fallen out of practice. Would like to hear from anyone any place in the world.

Hi all,

I'm a 21 year old guy from Northern Ireland, currently exiled living in England. I'm a church intern, while exploring the possibilities of Ordination. I'm an avid reader (a mixture of fiction and non-fiction), an amateur photographer, and an armchair whisky connoisseur.

i would love to be able to write to a couple of people (anywhere in the world), about any manner of topic. I could use an excuse to use up my ink stocks! :lol:

Im a 27 yr old make living in Portsmouth Va USA. I am a hotel auditor planning to attend school for electrical engineering. I picked up fountain pens to eventually learn a script or two. Id love a penpal or a few.

I enjoy photography, films, and kayaking or pretty much any outdoor activity. I know some history and computers and enjoy discussing them. However Im more than content with just small talk.

Im still new about fountain pens so learning about them or any kind of script is always nice too.

I love sending and receiving internationally but am more than open to penpals in the US.

pic-postcard-exc.jpg

Hello.

Growing up I used tangible written correspondence to keep in touch but like many left it later on. For more than a year now I've been sending and receiving letters with steady correspondents. I could use one or two more.

ABOUT ME: Creative. I'm both left and right brain dominant, so I try not to run in circles. :) I work full time. Female. 40s. Don't watch TV. Energetic. I think life is too short not to be silly now and then. Kindness is underrated. My studio is piled high with ink, paper, and STUFF! And my letterbox is hungry!

INTERESTS: Creating. Painting. Woodwork. Illustration. Photography. Calligraphy. Children's books. Health. Hiking. Rock Scrambling. InLine skating. Volunteerism, Music: jazz, country, gospel, blues, & classical. Power tools! Home DIY. Ink Dip Pens. FP. Snail Mail. Papers, Ink, FV vintage postage stamps.

Thank you for reading. Admittedly I'm hoping for a correspondent or two who practice 'any' kind of creativity. Makes for great sharing of progress, etc. PM me if you think our letterboxes would have a grand 'ol time.

Ciao

Hello,

I'm David and I'm from Spain. I'd love to have pen pals from anywhere around the world to have an excuse to use my fountain pens more often.

I am 25 years old mechanical engineer, who likes to talk and write about almost everything.

So if someone is interested, please contact me.

Best regards,

David.

Hi, I'm in the US. Mid 40's, married with two young kids, attorney, novelist, and active correspondent.

Right now I have a lot of correspondents, but I'm looking to practice my Teeline with someone - I'm just starting to learn it and would love to practice my Teeline shorthand with someone.

For those of you who are looking for penpals, you've come at the right time - incowrimo 2017 is coming up in February!

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)