Snail Mail Writing List

Titivillus

Hello,

life`s too short for cabbage soup only, so I`m looking for two or three penpals to correspond with this way. I`ve been collecting fountain pens for over a decade, but whatever pens I collected I always had one pen that I used the most - an ordinary Pelikan M200. I finally sold the rest of my collection and just kept this one pen. That was last year. I`m still using my M200 for writing short stories and poems (a hobby of mine) and for journalling on a daily basis. So I thought for myself why not write letters to nice people from other parts of the world? And this is where you come in - if you are interested in a serious long-term correspondence feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks in advance,

fasthand

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Izzy

• GreenVelvet

• succubus

• YesIamnotiamnit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks

Anyone interested in corresponding with someone in the U.K.? Sadly nearly all my snail mail pals seemed to have dropped off, maybe I bored them to death, hope not. :(

Kind Regards

Izzy (aka Nigel)

NIGEL

Exploding Ink Maestro

Pens: Caran d'Ache Leman Godron, Lamy Safari, Italix Parsons Essential, Mont Blanc LeGrande '90 years' Edition, Sigma Style, Italix Vipers Strike, Parker Sonnet, Omas 360, Parker Duofold (c.1950), Conway Stewart #286, Conway Stewart #24, Onoto Magna Classic in Chased Midnight Blue and SS Trim

Hello,

I am from India and trying to get started with snail mail. I have not hand written letters in a very long time. My fountain pen rediscovery happened some 4 yrs back and have a decent assortment of FPs now. I have been trying since long to start writing letters(not email!), but it never happened. I suggested to a few of my friends that I would send them letters, they found it amusing to say the least :)

Anyone interested in communicating with me.

Regards,

Arun

Welcome! Perhaps others would have a better chance of knowing if this may be a good match if you could tell us a little about yourself.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I've just gotten back on FPN after an absence and would enjoy exchanging letter with some people. I enjoy all kinds of books (currently reading House of Leaves), many different types of music; I'm an urban explorer and a photographer. PM me if you'd like to swap some letters.

To Get At Some Point: Aurora 88/88k/88p (chrome cap), Omas Milord (old style), Omas Paragon (old style), Sheaffer Balance (green striated)

Pocket Watch for Sale or Trade: 1889 or 1898 Eureka Watch Co. Silver or silver plate, lever-set mechanical Longines movement

I have lost some of my penpals along the way (Panta Rei), and would like to add one or two. I have new paper, new inks, and my pens are eagerly waiting to write something different from the notes I take at work.

I'm (almost) 60, married with one kid, living in Northern Italy - my hobbies include (in no particular order): travelling, listening to (and soon playing) music, reading, playing golf, wet shaving...

Do my pens, paper and inks a favour: don't let them rest abandoned in a drawer! :D

If interested, please send me a PM.

Arguing with a woman is like reading a Software License Agreement.

In the end, you ignore everything and click "I Agree".

flying-letter-exc.png

Sorry for not providing an intro. Here goes

I am 35, male from Bangalore. I enjoy reading, mostly fiction and traveling when i can get away from work. I like to photograph birds and nature in general. I love pets.

I have quite an assortment of inks. I like browns and turquoise. I have enjoyed using pelikans but I have other brands as well. Trying some handwriting improvement because mine is atrocious. I find it ironic that in college I put away improving my handwriting believing emails are here to stay and now with the proliferation of email, I want to hand-write!

Looking forward to interesting correspondence with some of you...

I live in Singapore, and my name is Nathan. I have recently fallen into the deep, deep rabbit hole that are fountain pens, and am interested to use the two pens that I have, a TWSBI Eco and a Pilot MR to write something more meaningful than stacks of homework.

If, for some reason, you want to correspond with me, shoot me a PM. I'm okay with short-term and long-term correspondence.

There really isn't anything that interesting about me.

Hello! I'm new here, but I've been writing letters all my life. I'm looking for a new penpal (or more than one), so I decided to give it a try.

A bit about me:

- I'm not a native English speaker (please, be patient with me).

- I live in Europe.

- I'm 37 years old.

I know I haven't said too much, but my letters are much longer than my intros :) I promise!

Just very recently got into FPs and I love them. In probably only a couple of months I now have 8 pens and will definitely be getting more. At the moment they're all under the £30 mark (x2 Lamy Safari's, x1 Lamy Al Star, x1 Pilot Metropolitan (or MR as they're called in the UK), x1 Noodler's Ahab (Pequot), x1 TWSBI Eco clear, x1 Fellowship Pillar (a very cheap eyedropper pen to try out) and a 1968 Parker Duofold Junior in green and is the same age as me). I'm trying to improve my handwriting by learning cursive and calligraphy but be warned I have a long way to go.

What else? I'm married, no kids, work full-time, like to go for gentle walks in the countryside, sitting in cafes watching the world go by, all sorts of music, reading.....I think you get the picture.

Happiness is writing, reading and buying fountain pens and glorious inks.

Hi,

Thought I'd give this a try. Would like to meet some new people and put pen to ink. My handwriting is pretty bad, but I will make every effort if a real person and stationery is involved.Just updated my profile, so there's some more info there.

I'm 41, male, living in New Jersey, but I work in Manhattan at a Japanese-English translation company, translating, editing and also playing resident IT geek.

I lived in Japan for roughly seven years, then came back here. (I'd love to find a Japanese penpal here. I can write in Japanese, but not all that well anymore.)

I just recently got back into pens. Started with a Montblanc and a Rotring FP back in college. A few months ago, I picked up a Faber-Castell e-Motion stealth pen (for those late-night ninja writing missions), then some fine, extra-fine, and hyper-fine Japanese FPs and now I'm fully hooked again.

I went vintage and discovered I have a thing for Mabie Todd Swan pens. Something about writing with, actually using, a fountain pen that is nearly 100 years old I find pretty cool. (Can't afford a full-blown vintage collector habit though.)

I read a lot. Mostly weird fiction (Lovecraftian stuff, hard SF/speculative fiction, some fantasy), classics (from Homer to Pynchon to Kafka to Margaret Atwood and lots of stuff in between). Yes, kind of dark stuff.

As for movies/TV--movies like Solaris (see my avatar), Futurama, Gattaca, Contact, Brazil. Brain Dead, iZombie, stuff like that. Also into astronomy, mythology and such things.

I have one cat, Kaylee.

ARevolutionaryThought

I am new to the fountain pen world. I have a Lamy Safari loaded with Noodlers Apache Sunset, Pilot Metro with Noodlers Red Black and a couple Daisos. I am starting to love this hobby and would love to learn more. About me: I'm a theatre artist (producer, director, sometimes actor). I work in a university drama department in DC. I love watching TV shows, play guitar and listening to music and podcasts. Would love to find a friend to write to.

Hi, I'm Jocelyn!

I'm a 42 year old looking for reliable pen pals! I write a LOT of letters to get a chance to use my fountain pens and I love to talk about my pen and ink love in letters so let's correspond if you like Pen-Prattle!

I'm also a DJ (still use records) and read fantasy and sci-fi, but really most of my time is with my inky obsession.\

I don't mind writing first, in fact I prefer it, as long as you'll promise to write back!

<3

Miss Inky Fingers

=====

Jocelyn

Hello! I'm new here, but I've been writing letters all my life. I'm looking for a new penpal (or more than one), so I decided to give it a try.

A bit about me:

- I'm not a native English speaker (please, be patient with me).

- I live in Europe.

- I'm 37 years old.

I know I haven't said too much, but my letters are much longer than my intros :) I promise!

Are you still looking for penpals?

Miss Inky Fingers

=====

Jocelyn

Hello, everyone.

I'm a (male) lecturer at Reading College in England. Hobbies and interests include Lindyhop, poetry, fountain pens, reading and music.

I have been Postcrossing for a while, and I'm happy to also exchange letters - whether it is once, or more regularly. See how it goes -so if you want to exchange 1 letter, or several - I'm easy.

Being a teacher, I'm almost limited to writing every once every six weeks or so - and may send postcards as well, purely because I happen to think they are fun or interesting.

Hello,

I've recently had the joy to write two letters to members from another thread and I'm hungry for more. I've never had a penpal before in my life :)

Here's a couple of things about me.

- I play the piano and I love classical music. When I was a student I used to collect classical music recordings. I also like blues and some classic rock.

- I'm a software engineer by day.

- I spend way too much money on fountain pens and related products.

- I sew notebooks and I'm very passionate about paper.

- I currently live in Turkey but I will be moving to Berlin in November (just got my job offer, yay!)

Hey,

I'd love to find international penpals, who are as crazy about fountainpens and inks as I am.

Things I love:

• Soccer / Football
  • Political Geography
  • International Travel as often as possible (this year: Iceland, USA, UK)
  • Photography, esp. film photography
  • Books, I read quite a lot since I got my Kindle
  • Metal - I try to go to see several times a year

Something about me: I'm 32 years old and work as a teacher in Germany, so I'm used to writing with red inks, but I'd like to use my other inks a lot more. Normally I write back right away and German post is quite reliable.

Edited by stony

Hi there.

My name is Serhan and I am an industrial product designer.

My profession and business standarts demand digital communication and using 2d/3d in daily routine. So I do sketching and calligraphy for some decent getaway. I haven't wrote a snail mail for ages, but it would be fun and a big opportunity to use my inventory. Please feel free to write me. Eventhough I have lived in Toronto/ON for many years, English is not my mother tongue. I promise you to do my best to reply you properly.

I am into sketching, illustration, bushcraft, fishing, hunting, electric guitar & gear. My favourite music genres are Rockabilly, Rock' n Roll, Surf and Blues.

Looking forward for my new penpals.

Best

Edited by nacho_grande

round-letter-exc.pnground-postcard-exc.png

Hi there. Im looking for a couple more people to write to, preferably in another country !

I'm 18, in my last year of college before University, Studying Biology, Classics and Music. I play the violin to an advanced level and play in several orchestras, and play a few other instruments.

I enjoy sailing, photography, music and flying(in training for my pilots license).

Looking forward to hearing from anyone interested :)

Cheers

“Rome wasn’t built in a day, but then again I wasn’t on that particular job.” - Brian Clough

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted in here a couple of times. I could do with another pen pal or two. Feel free to look at my profile for a brief description of myself and let me know if you wish to correspond.

J. Burchett
"A pen transmits the voice of the soul" - Fennel Hudson
round-letter-exc.png