Which Inks Are You Using Today?

Sagar_C

:) That's kind of you to say.

I'm still nervous of filling my Isograph up with anything but Rotring ink :unsure: - I bet the 0.18 was a joy.

Have a lovely Sunday :rolleyes:

Hi again,

well, I would even say fp ink (so dye based, not pigment like Rotring's Zeichentusche) is less problematic if it dries in the pen.

Yes, the 0.18 is fun, it is the finest my dad had - no 0.13 or 0.10... maybe those didn't work well with the transparent paper he used for reproduction of his work.

Best

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi again,

well, I would even say fp ink (so dye based, not pigment like Rotring's Zeichentusche) is less problematic if it dries in the pen.

Yes, the 0.18 is fun, it is the finest my dad had - no 0.13 or 0.10... maybe those didn't work well with the transparent paper he used for reproduction of his work.

Best

Jens

You've given me the confidence to try!

Jens. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering, do you still have any of your dad's technical drawings? Perhaps share one or two on here :rolleyes:

You've given me the confidence to try!

Jens. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering, do you still have any of your dad's technical drawings? Perhaps share one or two on here :rolleyes:

Hi Tas,

hmm, he retired in 1998... I don't know where and if there are any im my mothers house.

But I will look out for them when I visit her in two weeks.

Have a good evening

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums

Today (so far) it's been Iroshizuku, Tsuyu-kusa, in the Pilot Decimo, F point.

For some reason, the ink seems to be more vibrant and saturated coming out of this pen. So I like it even more than I did before.... :D For some reason, it gets overlooked by its flashier sister blues, especially Kon-peki and Asa-Gao. But it really is a beautiful ink in its own right.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Today's ink was limited to J Herbin Lierre Sauvage, for generating a grocery list of sorts, which is not as critical any longer since shopping is on-line and I just pick and choose from "items you previously bought." I've not set foot in a grocery store since March...

i wrote two letters today... one with Caran d Ache Ultra Violet and the other with Sailor Manyo Haha... one older ink and my newest .. both getting a decent amount of use recently.

Noodler's Bad Blue Heron - Parker 51 Special (F)

This pen has flow issues, and most inks don't do well in it. But I was able to get it flowing a bit with Bad Green Gator -- the ink that works in no pens.

I think it's doing even better with this BBH.

Private Reserve Daphne Blue. I always have to check my memory...I keep remembering it as a Diamine ink.

Yep. Very disappointing. I keep wondering if a wetter nib would help the color.

Robert Oster Purple Rock, which looks so nice in other people's postings but is disappointing on most papers I use.

Yep. Very disappointing. I keep wondering if a wetter nib would help the color.

I also keep wondering whether adjusting this or that parameter would make a difference. I realize that inks are inexpensive, relatively speaking, but I'm one of those people who feel bad about buying something and not using it.

In fact, I started with Purple Rock in a wet nib, but my big problem with the ink is how it turns ugly green on several papers that I regularly use, and I've found that effect to be most pronounced in wetter nibs and on better papers.

The best results I've gotten have been in my Midori Traveler's Notebook and on the checks I get from my bank. The worst are on Tomoe River, which is the paper in my trusty Hobonichi planner.

Obviously, I should have bought a sample instead of a bottle, but I was picking up a pen at a pen show and wanted to try it out with an ink of my own rather than dip it into a bottle that had had many other pens dipped into it. I'd seen some favorable reviews of that and other Oster purples...

Pelikan Blue-Black

When it is wet it looks good. On dry down it turns into a low saturated ashen grey

Diamine Dark Forest tonight.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Today it's been Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa, in the Pilot Decimo, F nib; and Birmingham Pens Madame C. J. Walker Elegant Fuchsia, in a Parker Vector, F nib.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I can't remember now which Noodler's specialty inks came with a warning. For example, I could have sworn Kung Te-Cheng did, but I haven't seen that in posts here.

I think that when I got KTC (and I have a couple of the 4 ounce bottles) it said in the paperwork in the box to only use the pens that it came with -- which, at the time, were a Platinum Preppy and a Kuratake brush pen. These days, the bottles (at least the four ounce one of Heart of Darkness did) probably come with a Noodler's Charlie eyedropper.

​ETA: Sorry about the necroposting. I was looking to see if there were any threads that had meandered into my inbox that I'd forgotten to "Unfollow" and the search box at the top of the page took me to a post about 30 pages back.... Guess I'll have to remember in future to make sure I have the thread headers in quotes so it looks for the entire thing as a chunk, instead of individual words....

Edited by inkstainedruth

I'm trying Colorverse Coast Redwood in a Santini Libre Ambre with a medium nib, and KWZI IG Blue-Black in a Birmingham Pens Sixth Avenue with a Nemosine stub. Both have been lovely to write with so far.

Refilled my daily journaling pen (Pelikan M101N brown tortoise with a flexy fine cursive italic nib) with Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine. Meant to use Montblanc Chinese Blue instead but forgot—next time. I love both anyway.

Also using PR Avocado in an FPR Himalaya with a Pelikan CN nib,

Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo in a Lamy 2000 with an EF-> Cursive Italic nib,

Sailor Jentle Blue Black in a Sailor PGS with a Music nib gound to a crisp italic (lovely combo)

GvFC Cognac Brown in a Montblanc 252 OB,

J. Herbin Lie de Thé in a Sailor PG with a Medium nib.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.”