Which Inks Are You Using Today?

Sagar_C

Today (and for almost every other day for that matter), I have an anthracite M805 with sailor souboku, an M800 tortoise with MB homage to hadrian and a conid regular antwerppen with MB web grey.

The current setup

1. Conid Regular AntwerpPen/Naginata Cross Concord- Sailor Nioi-Sumire (two years and counting!)

2. 1920-something Wahl-Eversharp BCHR Oversize Gold Seal/Manifold- Aurora Black

3. Pelikan M800 Tortoise/O3B- Kobe Ginza gold sepia

1936 Vacumatic Oversize Brown Pearl- Rest in (several) pieces. You will be missed!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have my CP1 filled up with Sailor Souten, my Al-star filled with Diamine Oxford Blue, and my Metropolitan with Diamine Jet Black. I just got the Souten and really like it.

I just finished my Conklin Duragraph with Sailor Manyo Haha, and my Pilot Metropolitan with Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji. I am also using my Lamy Safari with DeAtramentis Mouse Grey and in my Montblanc 146 I have Montblanc Swan Illusion. I have a number of pens to fill tonight.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Last night 2 Diamines, Dark Forest and 1864 Blue-black.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Last night 2 Diamines, Dark Forest and 1864 Blue-black.

I LOVE 1864 blue black, so far it's the best approximation of my idea of blue black :)

I LOVE 1864 blue black, so far it's the best approximation of my idea of blue black :)

I know, right? I am quite impressed by it. It hasn't supplanted the Stipula Dark Blue as my favorite but I have the 1864 in a snap-cap so it's been seeing frequent use.

Unexpectedly Hisoku and the Vacumatic are getting along. So the secret colour in the mythical pen...

20012605160724960416618633.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Noodler's Colorado Spruce in a Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled (F).

KWZ Azure #5 in an Edison Brockton Creme Soda (F)

Akkerman Voorhout Violet in an Edison Mina (F).

fpn_1580172839__img_7201.png

Take-sumi last night, Pinkly! tonight.

Seems to be a bit of a purple day for me: diluted Nemosine Alpha Centauri, in the TWSBI 580-AL; and vintage Quink Washable Violet, in the Forest Green Parker 51 Aero (I had inked that pen up a few days ago in order to enter the contest at Fahrney's for National Handwriting Day -- and one of the memorable occasions over the past decade was finding that pen at an estate sale for a whole whopping two bucks.... :D

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Still working on fills of the Akkerman #15 Vorhout Violet and KWZ Azure #5.

But new, brand spanking new ink Taccia (Nakabayashi/Sailor) Benitsuchi (Red Soil) in the Sailor 1911 Std Butterscotch (M) is a delight. I wondered if this would be a regular reddish brown ink, but int this pen it's leaning more muted red-orange with killer shading.

fpn_1581011055__img_7212.png

Today, I filled my Montblanc Unicef LeGrand with one of my favorite inks, Montblanc Unicef Blue. I love this ink so much especially in this pen which has an OB nib. It is a beautiful sky blue at mid-day. Love it!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Today it's Edelstein Topaz in the brand new M600 Violet and White, EF nib (someone in another thread suggested 4001 Violet -- and that was certainly an option -- but I tend not to like to go "matchy-matchy" with pen and ink colors for the most part (plus I have two other pens currently inked up with purple inks, and three just seemed a little silly and over the top, even for me). But I also figured that a Pelikan brand ink would be a good way to test the pen out. And so far I was DEFINITELY right.... :thumbup:

It's funny. When I tried both Edelstein Topaz and Diamine Havasu Turquoise a few years ago, the inks seemed almost identical in color. And Havasu Turquoise is a LOT cheaper. But there was just something about the way that Edelstein ink flows. And I can't put my finger on the difference, other than that I know that there is one.... I think it's that it's a little more lubricated, and I don't think I would like Havasu Turquoise in an EF nib.

I've also noticed -- and I'd have to do writing side-by side examples to be sure -- but I think this nib is putting down a little narrower line than my M405 Striated Blue does. The only way to be sure, though, is to run fills of Topaz in both pens, and then also do runs of Edelstein Tanzanite in both pens. And that's for another day. But I'm just staggered that I lucked into a deal where the M600 was actually LESS EXPENSIVE than the M405 had been (eBay seller for a listing I was watching contacted me with a special discount offer -- and I guess I just got back to the guy faster. Box looks a bit like it fell off the back of a truck, and there's no paperwork, but since a lot of pens I've bought on the Bay of Evil are vintage, actually getting a box at all is a bonus....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."