• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While doing sudokus last night, I used Kno-peki and Stipula Light Blue and Stipula Dark Blue and 1864 Blue-black.

K-P is certainly intense but I prefer the bright color of the Stipula; the K-P also looked pretty flat on the copy paper, with no shading, whereas the LB had ample shading, making it look more alive.

Both the DB and the 1864 looked great color-wise but the DB had the edge due to gleam of the copious sheen apparent even on the the copy paper.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Hero 232 - good properties, a moderate amount of Iron Gall 0 = permanency and water resistance without clogging the pen (if not dried out), classic blueblack. And oh: Dirt cheap. Diamine Registrars, Akkermann IG and ESSRI have significantly higher iron gall content and calls for very frequent pen cleaning - but they are the utimate classic document inks.

EDIT: My bottles are a couple of years old. It doesn't seem easy to find anymore (?). One of the KWZ IG blue inks have much of the same properties and could be a good substitute.

Edited by Oldane

Stipula Purple last night. It's a very pretty color with a modicum of shading. Just got a sample but may have to order a whole bottle.

Hello everyone:

Using Parker Quink Blue-Black Solv-X with this Parker 61:

Old-Man4-b.jpg

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

KWZI Northern Twilight in an Aurora Ipsilon Deluxe

Sailor Shigure in a Pelikan M400 (M)

Thought about using KWZI Monarch too, though I normally don't color coordinate inks with seasons/holidays.

fpn_1570411279__img_7167.png

Mont blanc lavender purple in a karas kustom starliner XL apollo 11 LE and wing sung 698 italic, paired with Diamine autumn oak in a pilot 823 FA, sailor souten in a 3776 music nib paired with mont blanc irish green in a pelikan m205 demo, pelikan 4001 in my tactile turn gist, diamine registrars in my 3776 UEF, and rohrer and klinger salix in my 1919 sheaffer BCHR flex nib.

These are the colors I chose to use for the entire school semester. I usually run registrars in my lab notebook pen but figured I'd give salix a shot. it's been okay, but I'm probably going back to registrars for lab notebooks.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sailor Kobe Suma Purple in a Waterman Elegance M

Rohrer & Klingner Aubergine in a Parker 51 F

Sailor Kobe Taisanji Yellow in a Pelikan 140

I bought Taisanji Yellow with the idea of using it as a summer ink, but I didn't want to wait until next summer to try it out in my Pelikan.

I'm revisiting inks that have been neglected. Today was Noodlers Heart of Darkness for my work black. I've been using Kiwa-guro for black for several months and was struck by how much lighter HOD is. Before I'd always thought of it as a dark black.

It's actually a bit easier on the eyes because of the lower contrast. It does feather a touch on cr$p copy paper, which also surprised me. A perfectly serviceable black.

Yet another Sarah.

fpn_1570590528__2301108.jpg

Fred

Well..I ain't your baby..I ain't your baby now Them holy rollers got kicked right out of town

It's dark where I've been stayin' Don't you worry..come on in Well..I've finally found a friend

I've found a friend Codeine..Codeine You're the nicest thing I've seen For a while..for a while

............................. ......................................... ....................................................................................

................................. ................................... ................................. .................................................

.......................... ..................................................... .......................................................

Sailor Kobe Suma Purple in a Waterman Elegance M

Rohrer & Klingner Aubergine in a Parker 51 F

Sailor Kobe Taisanji Yellow in a Pelikan 140

I bought Taisanji Yellow with the idea of using it as a summer ink, but I didn't want to wait until next summer to try it out in my Pelikan.

Still the same inks, but my Pelikan 140 is too dry for Taisanji Yellow to be legible, so I flushed that pen and now have Taisanji Yellow in a dark yellow Lamy Safari.

Tonight it's GvFC Moss Green in a JIF fine.

Hello everyone:

Using Parker Quink Blue-Black Solv-X with this Parker 61:

Stupendous drawings thank you!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell