Which Inks Are You Using Today?

Sagar_C

Rohrer & Klinger Salix in my vintage Conway Stewart No.389, as well as with my turkey feather quill :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• ENewton

• amberleadavis

• chromantic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waterman Mysterious Blue in my Cleo Skriibent Classic

Rohrer & Klinger Salix in my Diplomat Magnum

Pelikan Edelstein Smoky Quartz in my Pelikan M200

Platinum black in my Platinum 3776 Century

In current use: Cleo Skribent Classic, Waterman Expert, Diplomat Excellence, Pineider Avatar, Sheaffer Targa (the good old Sheaffer, not one Made in China)

Waterman South Sea Blue in my Pelikan M620 Place de la Concorde (2005) with a tone tone 18kt stock Fine Nib on Southworth 1839 Paper.

A mere 15 years or so after I started collecting them, I finally completed my Pelikan M620 Cities and Places Series!

post-2426-0-72865600-1560369032_thumb.jpg

Love that ink @DilettanteG. Did you buy your Place de la Concorde from the eBay auction or elsewhere? It is such a lovely pen.

Posted Image

I received a Kaweco Red Fox in the mail today, and filled it with Pelikan Edelstein Amber. That makes 6 Kaweco Sport pens for me.

I’m also using a Jinhao 993 gray Shark pen filled with De Atramentis Silver Grey.

Posted Image

Today and for this whole month will be Sailor Jentle Black.

Last month is Waterman Green

:D Nice to meet you :D

Love that ink @DilettanteG. Did you buy your Place de la Concorde from the eBay auction or elsewhere? It is such a lovely pen.

I bought it on eBay, I'd been watching the auction you sent me the link to, but your recommendation let me bid with confidence. :thumbup:

The pen arrived as described a day early. The gray leatherette box had a few indentation marks on the top, but the pen itself is perfect. I hadn't noticed it before, but they seem to have changed from the sharp edged, top stiched boxes, to a simpler, more rounded design when Pelikan went from the Cities to the Places Series. Though the logo isn't as consistent. Some have one chick, some have two, but it doesn't switch in chronological order. Weird.

The nib is as smooth and free flowing as the M620s from my favorite nibmeister's shop. And you're right, it is much prettier in person. I've only written a couple pages so far, but I'm very pleased with it.

I felt a little guilty filling it up as it's lasted 13 years mint and unlinked. Chez Dilettante is not the Pelikan museum, so I'll get over it.

Oh my, you found a mint version. How nice. I’m glad I could help in a small way. I have received so much help from members here.

Posted Image

Oh my, you found a mint version. How nice. I’m glad I could help in a small way. I have received so much help from members here.

It's the people here that keep me coming back to this site. It's a bastion of civility in the wilds of the internet. I always enjoy my time here.

Today it's been the dark green Parker 45, F nib, with whatever ink (now highly diluted) that was in the pen when I bought it.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Montblanc Violet in my MB 146 Burgundy with a medium nib on Southworth 1839 Paper. This nib, like all my Montblancs, is a pretty meh vanilla, but it's reliability and wet flow handles this toothy paper pretty well. (Wish I didn't have of a stock pile of these pads. What was I thinking?) The MB146 seems to have a higher ink capacity than even my Pelikan M600s, which hold 1.3ml. It takes forever to write this thing dry. It's pictured here with a matching highlighter and ballpoint. I'm very tempted to get the pencil as well.

post-2426-0-44484000-1560714437_thumb.jpg

KWZI Brown Pink in an Edison Menlo draw-filler.

Sailor Style Dee Delta Umeda Blue in an Aurora Ipsilon Deluxe.

After using Birmingham Phipps Verbena in one of my Parker 51s for four weeks, I made the unusual (for me) decision to use the same ink in my Peyton Street Penworks prototype with cursive italic nib.

I'm all about the German pens this month. I inked up some Noodler's Heart of Darkness in my old style black Pelikan M800 with a semi flex 14kt nib to write some checks with. This pen is really screaming out for a Spensarian mod. I hope Mr. Mottishaw will start taking in outside pens for work again soon!

This is written on Southworth 1839 paper. It feathers. It's toothy. Just trying to get through my inexplicable stock pile of it.

So, that's 13 Pelikans and 1 Montblanc inked, all piston fillers. Looks like I won't need to refill again for at least another month.

post-2426-0-89194200-1561231331_thumb.jpg

After losing a couple of pens, I'm now too gutless to let my pricey Pelikans and Montblancs out of the house. So, here's my fifteenth currently inked pen:

A Sheaffer Prelude Calligraphy in chrome with a medium italic nib filled with Noodler's Baystate Blue with almost matching MP and BP on Southworth 1839 paper.

I'm trying to resist replacing the missing two chrome with gold trim Preludes as this chrome one is a close enough match. But it's kind of bugging me...

post-2426-0-38512600-1561402062_thumb.jpg

Inking a lot of pens today:

Gutenberg Royal Blue

Monteverde Horizon Blue

Waterman Mystery Blue

Quink Blue black

Quink Black

Caran d'Ache Caribbean Blue

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Diamine Sapphire Blue, wonderfully vivid and being applied to Rhodia lined paper via a Montblanc Boheme XL with a lovely F nib with a hint of tooth! :happyberet:

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

3 Oysters Doldam, in the newest Parker Vector, M nib (the very silly Shrek "Puss in Boots" pen); and

Iroshizuku Take-sumi, in the grey Pilot Decimo, F nib.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."