The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Omas Milord

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2012 - 15:55

This is a classy fountain pen, still the same as the 1932 'Urmodell'. Fact sheet after the click.

Comments are most welcome! Thanks for reading - JG

Posted Image
The light you see at the end of the tunnel is that of a fast approaching train.

Sponsored Content

#2 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2012 - 20:11

Am I correct that this is a modern (year 2000) remake of the 1932 pen? And is it a piston filler that feels like a MB filler, or was it actually made using a MB piston system? Thank you.
--
Glenn (love those pen posses)

#3 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2012 - 20:25

Likely no MB filling system involved or even copied, at least hopefully.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#4 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2012 - 23:43

Yes indeed, it's a basic piston filler that feels like the MB system, not a copy. In all its simplicity, it is a beautiful, classic design without any frills or distractions. Does that count as a remake or just a continuation of the 1932 model? The materials used have changed but the same form factor still lives on.

One idea sprung to my mind and it probably came up earlier on the FPN: what's the most classic (formal, functional ...) FP ever designed? This one? An MB 146? Or even a Parker 45?

As always, very welcome - JG

#5 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 16:12

Links are gone. I'm working on it. Please find fact sheets here: https://gysenbergs.b...npenfactsheets/

#6 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 16:56

Links are gone. I'm working on it. Please find fact sheets here: https://gysenbergs.b...npenfactsheets/

#7 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 22:34

Thank you for the fact sheet, I agree this pen is classy and very traditional.

From what I can see, your pen is not "precisely" a Milord, it's a later Omas Extra, Milord size...

These pens are made of vegetable resin and usually date back to the 80s-90s.

Omas was somewhat peculiar with its naming of pen models, so after having called its faceted pens first 557-F, 556-F, 555-F, then Paragon, Milord and Lady, at one point all of them were just called Omas Extra independently from the size (yes, somewhat confusing).

Actually it's very difficult to tell from your photo that this is a Milord size, these pens are identical, just smaller or larger in proportion, so without a size comparison your photo cannot show the actual size. We just know it from your fact sheet mentioning size.

Generally speaking however I myself would be comfortable in calling your pen a Milord.

This here in the photo is a Milord by size and by name, still in resin (click on the photo to open it and see the printing more closely)

fpn_1579473046__p1170293-4_omas_milord_r

Earlier models of the Milord were also made of cellulose nitrate and are recognizable by the two small opposite holes in the piston knob.

Edited by sansenri, 19 January 2020 - 22:45.

#8 jgysenbergs

jgysenbergs

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 22:44

Thanks for pointing out. I see now the title of this post is wrong, should be 'Omas Extra'. However, I've no way of correcting this (no 'edit' button). The fact sheet has it right.

#9 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2020 - 22:33

Thanks for pointing out. I see now the title of this post is wrong, should be 'Omas Extra'. However, I've no way of correcting this (no 'edit' button). The fact sheet has it right.

No issue, as I said, the name Extra was attributed to different models so does generate confusion used alone.

I have and Extra, Milord size, too, and comfortably call it a Milord myself... :)

#10 cgreenberg19

cgreenberg19

Pen-Obsessor

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2020 - 00:31

Nice review format. Thanks!

Sponsored Content

|