9/25/12 Update On Group Purchase

Hennypenny

OK, for those following this process, the paper is at Tenso and I've paid them to ship it to me. I'm hoping it's here before, or right after, the weekend. So, I need to start organizing shipping to the people in the group (you know who you are).

If you are part of the group and are still interested, please EMAIL me your shipping address at: svhillis@chilitech.com. Be advised that, since there was a lot of interest in this buy, you'll probably get the least amount you committed to (so, for example, if you said, "I want 100 sheets and maybe more", you can have 100). That way we can maximize the number of people getting to sample the paper. Once I have an email from you, I'll email each of you to confirm your amount.

Think carefully about where you want the paper shipped. I believe I can get 100-200 sheets in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope, which costs $5.15 to mail. I'll need to put some sturdy cardboard in as well and mark it as "Do Not Bend", but I worry about those of you with small mail boxes - I cannot be responsible if your postal person stuffs it into your mailbox and bends it (these envelopes are 12 1/4" by 9 1/4"). Hopefully, they will not do so, but the alternatives are having it mailed to some other addy where space isn't an issue, or stepping up to a medium Flat Rate box at $11.35 (this is a box that's 13 1/2" x 12" x 3 1/4" ). The choice is yours - I can get the boxes easily at the Post Office.

Costs are still up in the air, so I hesitate to throw a figure out at this point - but I believe we can come in under the $25/100 sheets I estimated previously, even when shipping is added. I'm thinking it'll be closer to $11.50/100 sheets, plus shipping (see above) - assuming no problem with customs. I will prefer payment by Paypal (I'm advised that you can designate your payment as a "gift" to avoid fees), but am not asking for payment at this time.

So, please send an email with the shipping address you prefer, AND whether you want an envelope ($5.15) or a medium box ($11.35). There are only a few large orders - they will get the medium box.

If you've changed your mind and don't want to participate, please let me know so I can remove your name and add someone else.

Thanks so much! HP

The sky IS falling. C. Little

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hennypenny

• mhguda

• PR Wright

• Snowie

The paper HAS LANDED !!! It arrived, via my regular mailman, today - Saturday, 9/29. I've spent the afternoon counting and packaging - and still have more to do. I hope to have all packages ready to take to the Post Office on Monday. I'm finding 100 sheets is the limit in an envelope, so all other orders will go by box.

Be forewarned - this is like tissue paper - some corners were bent slightly in transit, but they'll probably "iron" out - open packages carefully!

My supply is all spoken for, so see Penhand's post if you want some of this paper - it's at the end of the "In Paper Heaven" thread.

HP

Edited by Hennypenny

OK, paper's ready to mail and I've emailed or PM'd everyone regarding payment. Will mail as soon as payment is made...

Now...off to play with my own supply ...yum! (it really is delicious).

HP/Vicki

It seems so inadequate to just say "thank you" for all your work. Nevertheless: THANK YOU. I really appreciate your efforts.

Phyllis

You, and everyone else, are WELCOME! We fountain pen users have to take care of each other...

HP

Hennypenny, thanks for including me at such a late stage, I am very happy and grateful to join in this group!

Since I now have more coming, I am being a little less careful with the small sample I had received from fellow FPNer reprieve. I have made it into a mini notebook and am testing pen & ink combinations on it. I did find one slight negative: when using Noodler's purple samples (I have tried two so far, Cactusfruit eel and purple heart) I find that interpunction, especially dots, shows through very strongly on the back of the sheet, almost like bleeding through (but not quite). So far, that's the only (very small!) negative I've found with this paper. I had the ink in my Wearever with a fine nib. It flows relatively wet. When I use blue or purple with a stronger blue component, this behavior does not exhibit.

So far, this is still my favorite paper, although I'm looking for locally available alternatives on a regular basis. I've found some candidates but those are mostly lined, which I do not prefer. Or they are heavier.

Now comes the delicious phase of planning what to do with my new treasure... Really looking forward!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

OK - packages are in the mail, except for 3 people who've failed to contact me (and I've emailed each of you). They went out Priority Mail from Chapel Hill NC today!

At the last minute, I added Delivery Confirmation so we could track any that go astray. This added 75 cents to the postage of each package - while I decided I'd bear the cost if need be, I'd appreciate it if people would send along another 75 cents.

Please let me know as packages arrive! And I can give tracking info should any fail to make it...

Vicki

Hennypenny,

Tomoe River paper package arrived! Well protected. Thank you for making this group purchase and

sending paper.

Let the fun begin!

Penhappy

Hennypenny,

Tomoe River paper package arrived! Well protected. Thank you for making this group purchase and

sending paper.

Let the fun begin!

Penhappy

Happy to hear it arrived safely-enjoy! HP

Got mine today too. Only had a chance to pull out a sheet and look at it so far, but the color is not what I envisioned, but is nicer. Will look great cut down and bound in my Midori TN with a brown ink.

Mine arrived today also, but I haven't ripped open the box yet. I'll savor the experience tomorrow and let the inks flow on this marvelous paper! Thanks again, HennyPenny, for all your efforts in accomodating our paper needs!!!

My envelope arrived yesterday. 100 sheets with one cardboard stiffener.

The PO had bashed in two corners of the envelope and crumpled the paper corners a bit,

but I have hopes that pressing it under weight for a while will correct this.

And the paper is gorgeous to the nib! Writing feels like floating.

Thank you !!!

Steve

My envelope arrived yesterday. 100 sheets with one cardboard stiffener.

The PO had bashed in two corners of the envelope and crumpled the paper corners a bit,

but I have hopes that pressing it under weight for a while will correct this.

And the paper is gorgeous to the nib! Writing feels like floating.

Thank you !!!

Steve

So far one other person had a problem - package mangled and water damage (how can the Post Office let ANY mail be exposed to water?!).. That paper is SO delicate! IF I were ever to do this again, I'd only mail in boxes and that would add to the price. In fact, some people opted for this option after reading my initial warning.- as it was, there was only room for 1 piece of corrugated cardboard to stiffen the envelope. I think the paper will "iron out" with weight.

I will say that, having done this once, I admire Penhand's willingness to distribute this paper multiple times and I think his prices are eminently reasonable. HP

My package was certainly worse for wear, but the paper was in good shape for the most part. I think the cardboard actually helped prevent any serious mangling, so while my envelope was partially open my paper was not stained and there were very few wrinkles. Nothing to complain about, IMHO.

Now I'm trying to get it to run through my printer with out getting mangled. I don't mind a little bit of wrinkle, as I figure it will get a bit wrinkled when I write on it and sent it off in the post myself. It certainly is lovely paper, I love the feel and the color. I've not had time to write with it but that's up after I figure out how to get my printer to print for me. :)

I have a basic HP printer, and I was able to get it thru with no problem - but I only did one page. I'll probably not do any more since I'll use it for correspondence with a lined page behind it as a guide. Are you trying to put lines or dots on it? For a journal or notebook? HP