Introducting Zeller Writing Company

ajzeller

I just wanted to take a moment and let you all know about a new retail endeavor which I have undertaken. I started Zeller Writing Company as a means to sell my family's hand-made products. (There's currently only some wax seal handles up, but we have some boxes, cases, rocker blotters made using bent wood, and even some awesome writing slopes in the works.) However, by my complete love for this industry, I have elected to retail other brands as well. I currently retail:

• Brause
  • Clairefontaine
  • Field Notes
  • G. Lalo
  • Moleskine
  • Private Reserve
  • Scribal Workshop
  • and The Zeller Writing Company (of course)

and I have plans to add Diamine and Noodlers inks shortly and begin to carry fountain pens within a few months.

I also have a blog in conjunction with the site where I will be giving reviews, news, and updates within the industry and of my own company. The blog is InkOnHand.com and I plan to have new posts on there regularly.

When I started ZWC, I didn't really have the intent to become very large or make a living from it - mostly expected to help pay for my education and FP addiction ;) however I could (and would love) to see this endeavor become my post collegiate career.

The hobby that we are all so passionate about on this forum isn't really the most practical. The reason that we do it is out of passion, love, and the experience that it provides us. That's the inspiration behind each aspect of how I run ZWC. From how I lay out the site to how I package and deliver the products to you, I want to present the best experience possible. I am truly passionate about this business and providing the best customer service around - and felt necessary to include my "passion for service" in the motto of the company.

When it comes to the products that I make, I like the experience to extend after the initial purchase and actually photograph each individual product, give it a serial number, and upload it to the ZWC product catalog website with specific information about that exact product.

As far as promotions and pricing goes, I try to keep my prices very competitive and also present an "Ink of the Week" where one ink is discounted for an entire week. I offer free priority shipping for all U.S. (HI & AK included) orders over $150 as well. There are also quantity discounts available for ink and paper purchases. I do have plans for additional seasonal and special event promotions too.

Also, in honor of the first annual Fountain Pen Day (for which I actually made and co-moderate the website,) I am offering 5% off all purchases now through Fountain Pen Day weekend on November 2nd with the code: FPD2012

So, I invite you all to stop over to http://www.ZellerWritingCompany.com and take a look around. I am always interested in hearing what people think and suggestions for improvement, so feel free to let me know your thoughts any time :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ajzeller

• Tberry010

• Shaporama

• N2theBreach

How old are you? Twelve? Shouldn't you be playing computer games and messing around with your dog? ;)

Really, good luck to you.

Edited by Shaporama

Congratulations and good luck to you.

Thanks, too, for the FPD website.

Edited by N2theBreach

How old are you? Twelve? Shouldn't you be playing computer games and messing around with your dog? ;)

Really, good luck to you.

Haha, I'll be 23 here in about a month and a half. I actually get asked about my age a lot when I meet with clients for photography (my current main means of income,) and ended up addressing it in my "about" page by stating "Yes, I am young. Don't worry though. I'm getting older." ;)

• 3 years later...

I just found your site when I was checking a source for Herbin blotting paper. I saw your green blotting paper. Looks pretty lucious. Be nice if paper of that quality could be available in the UK.

Nice site, too.

...be like the ocean...