The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Flo-Master Felt Tip Pen Set Found

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 srichter

srichter

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2012 - 18:09

I was going through my Grandfather's estate after his passing and found about 5-6 Flo-Master Felt Tip Pen boxes. He was an executive with Anheuser-Busch for probably 40+ years back in the day. These pen sets are new, never used with ink still in the cans. They also have his name and Budweiser on the pens. I believe they were promotional hand outs. Can anyone tell anything about these pens. Might they have any value? The boxes have "Cushman & Denison MFG. Co. 1958" on the box. I am very curious about their history.
Thanks...

Edited by srichter, 18 September 2012 - 19:47.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2012 - 17:08

You may want to contact Brian Anderson at http://andersonpens.net/ about these.

#3 krz

krz

...just drawn that way.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:51

I just got reunited with a couple of my Flo-Master markers from years back. I used to be a shipper for a company and used mine at work and at home for sketching.

The beauty of these pens (besides looking so dang cool) is that they had a built in valve that when pressure was applied to the tip more ink would flow. Most markers are simply capillary action.

They made different shaped tips and even offered a little gizmo and new tip that wrote a finer line.

The inks were petroleum based and very aromatic. I used to buy the special pigmented black ink for sketching. I've found myself looking around for my alcohol based paints to give it a try. I may have to find a few tips first.
How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

#4 TimFor

TimFor

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:08

The ink was found to have a lot of lead--and so it went off the market.  I still have my pen--but no nibs.  I'd like to try water SOLUBLE india ink--if I can ever find some nibs.  (I posted some years ago about this--haven't persued it since.)

#5 estie1948

estie1948

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:34

In a city about two hundred miles from here, there is a store that calls itself a "clearance department" store. There is a strong smoke smell in the store and some of the merchandise even has smoke deposit (carbon) on it. In this store you will find things that last appeared in stores in the 1950's and 1960's on up to yesterday. The last time I was there (a couple of years ago) they had boxes of FloMaster pens in their original blister packs along with boxes of Scripto pens and mechanical pencils. I don't know if they are still in business or not. I'll be back that way in a few weeks and I'll check. If they are still there and still have the FloMaster pens, I'll post its exact location.

I must admit that I never used a FloMaster pen. I am guilty of looking upon them as the sign that a great pen company really did need to close down.

-David (Estie). 

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.
A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Sponsored Content

|