• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• Ghost Plane

• penultress

• rico

I think if I can find a gunmetal with a B nib for that price, it'll decline into my pocket. :hmm1:

Who could not love that nib...

fpn_1355771771__dscn0393.jpg

as cute as your Cat !

• 2 weeks later...

I think if I can find a gunmetal with a B nib for that price, it'll decline into my pocket. :hmm1:

Who could not love that nib...

fpn_1355771771__dscn0393.jpg

That nib is gorgeous! I have an M nib. Is it possible to have it modified?

That nib is gorgeous! I have an M nib. Is it possible to have it modified?

:hmm1: IMHO maybe not. Even buying a new,factory, Broad section may not get you this size. I have 2 or 3 and all are slightly different. The one pictured having the largest tip.

I particularly wanted the coral orange Carene (love that look) which is no longer available new. I saw some eBay auctions asking $599 which I thought was crazy. I was able to snag it new in box, never inked for $167 which I felt was somewhat of a fair price if not a deal.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/Waterman_Carene_1_zps1d475d1b.jpg

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I particularly wanted the coral orange Carene (love that look) which is no longer available new. I saw some eBay auctions asking $599 which I thought was crazy. I was able to snag it new in box, never inked for $167 which I felt was somewhat of a fair price if not a deal.

Yes, a very nice pen. The colour is Coral Reef. That would be NY Monty with the sky high price.

fpn_1357192710__dscn9578.jpg

i love this pen.I'd like to have it in the deluxe black version,with the silver cap...but my local dealer says it is discontinued but i still see it on the waterman site...so is it discontinued or not?

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

i love this pen.I'd like to have it in the deluxe black version,with the silver cap...but my local dealer says it is discontinued but i still see it on the waterman site...so is it discontinued or not?

It can still be purchased as NOS, mint S/H or used on the great auction site where they appear fairly frequently. I have just carried out a search and found a number of such pens.

Edited by Force

I was able to snatch a NOS rose gold Meridians with a medium-nib for EUR130 just before Christmas. I had the nib exchanged for a stub that actually turned out to be a medium stub. The shop was making place for newer pens... me not complaining.

So that was a good ending to an otherwise fairly bad (personally) year.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I was able to snatch a NOS rose gold Meridians with a medium-nib for EUR130 just before Christmas. I had the nib exchanged for a stub that actually turned out to be a medium stub. The shop was making place for newer pens... me not complaining.

So that was a good ending to an otherwise fairly bad (personally) year.

D.ick

Glad to hear you had a good ending to the year and I wish you a better year this year!

Are stub nibs sold separately? And would they be available in the US?

Yes, well certainly here in the UK. You should contact a local Waterman dealer. If you buy a new pen with any other nib the dealer can return it to NRW for an exchange FOC. You just have to wait a while. There's a UK ebay seller currently offering stubs for £45 + delivery. They are £65 + delivery most other places if not more.

Edited by Force

The free exchange takes about a week or less here in the Netherlands. Bought it on Wednesday befor Christmas, got a phone call that it had arrived on the Thursday after Christmas.

For older pens your shop could order a new section-with-nib.

Or have a look on Amazon, Our FPN-member Lewertowski has an Amazon-shop (penseller from France) where he offers the whole Parker and Waterman range including new sections. I have not compared lately, but his prices used to be very good.

D.ick

Edited by RMN

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Yes, well certainly here in the UK. You should contact a local Waterman dealer. If you buy a new pen with any other nib the dealer can return it to NRW for an exchange FOC. You just have to wait a while. There's a UK ebay seller currently offering stubs for £45 + delivery. They are £65 + delivery most other places if not more.

The free exchange takes about a week or less here in the Netherlands. Bought it on Wednesday befor Christmas, got a phone call that it had arrived on the Thursday after Christmas.For older pens your shop could order a new section-with-nib.Or have a look on Amazon, Our FPN-member Lewertowski has an Amazon-shop (penseller from France) where he offers the whole Parker and Waterman range including new sections. I have not compared lately, but his prices used to be very good.D.ick

Thanks! I'll check out both sources!