The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Carene Prices

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:51

I still want a black one. Or maybe a blue. Or, hmmm....

Sponsored Content

#22 Bill Wood

Bill Wood

Bill Wood

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 17:50

I think if I can find a gunmetal with a B nib for that price, it'll decline into my pocket. :hmm1:

Who could not love that nib...
Posted Image

as cute as your Cat !

#23 penultress

penultress

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:28

I think if I can find a gunmetal with a B nib for that price, it'll decline into my pocket. :hmm1:

Who could not love that nib...
Posted Image

That nib is gorgeous! I have an M nib. Is it possible to have it modified?

#24 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:34

That nib is gorgeous! I have an M nib. Is it possible to have it modified?

:hmm1: IMHO maybe not. Even buying a new,factory, Broad section may not get you this size. I have 2 or 3 and all are slightly different. The one pictured having the largest tip.

#25 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• 3,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13

I particularly wanted the coral orange Carene (love that look) which is no longer available new. I saw some eBay auctions asking $599 which I thought was crazy. I was able to snag it new in box, never inked for $167 which I felt was somewhat of a fair price if not a deal.

Posted Image

Edited by sargetalon, 03 January 2013 - 02:50.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Logo3_zpsb7a0b845.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#26 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• 4,652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:58

I particularly wanted the coral orange Carene (love that look) which is no longer available new. I saw some eBay auctions asking $599 which I thought was crazy. I was able to snag it new in box, never inked for $167 which I felt was somewhat of a fair price if not a deal.

Yes, a very nice pen. The colour is Coral Reef. That would be NY Monty with the sky high price.

Posted Image

#27 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51

That's one of the colors I have. It's reeeeallyyyyy coral.

#28 Montblanc owner and lover

Montblanc owner and lover

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 19:16

i love this pen.I'd like to have it in the deluxe black version,with the silver cap...but my local dealer says it is discontinued but i still see it on the waterman site...so is it discontinued or not?
A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too... Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F. Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

#29 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• 4,652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 19:40

i love this pen.I'd like to have it in the deluxe black version,with the silver cap...but my local dealer says it is discontinued but i still see it on the waterman site...so is it discontinued or not?

It can still be purchased as NOS, mint S/H or used on the great auction site where they appear fairly frequently. I have just carried out a search and found a number of such pens.

Edited by Force, 03 January 2013 - 19:44.

#30 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,773 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 20:30

I was able to snatch a NOS rose gold Meridians with a medium-nib for EUR130 just before Christmas. I had the nib exchanged for a stub that actually turned out to be a medium stub. The shop was making place for newer pens... me not complaining.

So that was a good ending to an otherwise fairly bad (personally) year.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#31 penultress

penultress

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:30

I was able to snatch a NOS rose gold Meridians with a medium-nib for EUR130 just before Christmas. I had the nib exchanged for a stub that actually turned out to be a medium stub. The shop was making place for newer pens... me not complaining.

So that was a good ending to an otherwise fairly bad (personally) year.

D.ick

Glad to hear you had a good ending to the year and I wish you a better year this year!

Are stub nibs sold separately? And would they be available in the US?

#32 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• 4,652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:10

Yes, well certainly here in the UK. You should contact a local Waterman dealer. If you buy a new pen with any other nib the dealer can return it to NRW for an exchange FOC. You just have to wait a while. There's a UK ebay seller currently offering stubs for £45 + delivery. They are £65 + delivery most other places if not more.

Edited by Force, 05 January 2013 - 09:37.

#33 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,773 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:34

The free exchange takes about a week or less here in the Netherlands. Bought it on Wednesday befor Christmas, got a phone call that it had arrived on the Thursday after Christmas.

For older pens your shop could order a new section-with-nib.

Or have a look on Amazon, Our FPN-member Lewertowski has an Amazon-shop (penseller from France) where he offers the whole Parker and Waterman range including new sections. I have not compared lately, but his prices used to be very good.

D.ick

Edited by RMN, 05 January 2013 - 09:35.

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#34 penultress

penultress

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:00

Yes, well certainly here in the UK. You should contact a local Waterman dealer. If you buy a new pen with any other nib the dealer can return it to NRW for an exchange FOC. You just have to wait a while. There's a UK ebay seller currently offering stubs for £45 + delivery. They are £65 + delivery most other places if not more.

The free exchange takes about a week or less here in the Netherlands. Bought it on Wednesday befor Christmas, got a phone call that it had arrived on the Thursday after Christmas.For older pens your shop could order a new section-with-nib.Or have a look on Amazon, Our FPN-member Lewertowski has an Amazon-shop (penseller from France) where he offers the whole Parker and Waterman range including new sections. I have not compared lately, but his prices used to be very good.D.ick

Thanks! I'll check out both sources!

Sponsored Content

|