The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Edison Herald B&b Le 2012

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:33

Posted Image
Edison Herald 1 by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Posted Image
Edison Herald 2 by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Posted Image
Edison Herald 3 by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Posted Image
Edison Herald 4 by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Posted Image
Edison Herald 5 by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Posted Image
Edison Herald 6 by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Posted Image
B&B Edison Herald Grande by IvanRomero, on Flickr

As always, the full set of pictures with my review can be seen on my blog.

Edited by watch_art, 11 September 2012 - 21:07.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 16:55

Very nice looking pen Ivan. I like that B nib.

#3 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 17:15

Thank you Uncle Red. :)

One thing that was brought up at another forum is the inconsistent line at the beginning of the review. I need to explain. Unfortunately, I had to leave my backpack in the trunk of my car is the 100F degree heat. That must have evaporated some of the ink in the nib. It cleared up after a few lines as you can see.

I don't normally leave my pens in the car. Unfortunately, it was unavoidable at the time.

#4 fourseamer

fourseamer

Up and In

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 20:20

Sweet pen! I have a LE Nouveau Premiere (#1!) in the same material, and it's wonderful. I wish I were hip to the B&B group buy before it went off, because I would have loved a Herald Grande. I'm saving for a custom one sometime sooner rather than later. :)

#5 dcpritch

dcpritch

Uff da

• FPN Super Moderators

• 2,937 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 14:42

Posted Image

This is certainly a classic photo!

Nice review Ivan of an excellent pen. I love the subtleties of the blue swirl ebonite and it sounds like the pen writes as good as it looks. Congrats on a great pen, and thanks for sharing it with us.

DAVID

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

#6 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2012 - 15:10

Sweet pen! I have a LE Nouveau Premiere (#1!) in the same material, and it's wonderful. I wish I were hip to the B&B group buy before it went off, because I would have loved a Herald Grande. I'm saving for a custom one sometime sooner rather than later. :)

fourseamer, that LE Nouveau Premiere was my first run in with the material and I regretted not being able to get that one. This pen made up for it. :)

Posted Image

This is certainly a classic photo!

Nice review Ivan of an excellent pen. I love the subtleties of the blue swirl ebonite and it sounds like the pen writes as good as it looks. Congrats on a great pen, and thanks for sharing it with us.

DAVID

dcpritch, thank you. I think the picture does the material no justice. It is one that has to be seen in RL to appreciate it fully. :)

#7 roofchees9

roofchees9

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 22:33

Wow!!! I had Brian make me a Pen in the same material but I was disappointed that the blue wasn't as vibrant as yours and other pens in that material I had seen. Snazzy Pen.

Attached Images

• IMG_5494.jpg

#8 bphollin

bphollin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,268 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2012 - 23:06

45/63 saying hi!

Nice review. This is my first Edison, as well. I opted for the medium nib, and it looks to have the same amount of wetness. It's a lovely pen and I like the B&B angle... but the size is just SO BIG. I tend to like pens in the Aurora Optima/Lamy 2000/Pelikan M605/Lamy Safari range. The B&B LE is well balanced, though, so that makes the size manageable. I'm going to have to use it a bit longer to see if it will stick around.

#9 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2012 - 17:38

Wow!!! I had Brian make me a Pen in the same material but I was disappointed that the blue wasn't as vibrant as yours and other pens in that material I had seen. Snazzy Pen.

Wow, that does look really muted. :(

45/63 saying hi!

Nice review. This is my first Edison, as well. I opted for the medium nib, and it looks to have the same amount of wetness. It's a lovely pen and I like the B&B angle... but the size is just SO BIG. I tend to like pens in the Aurora Optima/Lamy 2000/Pelikan M605/Lamy Safari range. The B&B LE is well balanced, though, so that makes the size manageable. I'm going to have to use it a bit longer to see if it will stick around.

It is really big and like you say, the weight makes up for it in a well balanced pen.

Sponsored Content

|