Geha Schulfüller Mit Reservetank

Joker4Eva

Pinkys.Brian: Thanks a million for that picture! I'll be trying to dismantle it soon, as I wanna try to lubricate the piston. It works, but it's far from being buttery smooth. Thanks a million for your advice! Btw, would you by any chance know where I can get a small tub of silicon grease cheap here in Germany? I don't have a tub on hand, and was thinking of acquiring a TWSBI Diamond 540 just because it comes with a small tub of silicon grease.

You might find cheaper silikon grease, but I bought this: Silikon Grease for coffee makers. I've so far had absolutely no problems with this grease. My thought process was: "if it is good enough for my coffee, it should be good enough for my fountain pens...".

Putting the piston mechanism back together is not complicated, but it is a bit of a hassle to find the right length/position of the piston. It's a bit of trial and error.

Edited by Pinkys.Brain

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joker4Eva

• AlejoPlay

• rockydoggy

• amberleadavis

Pinkys.Brain: Thanks a million for that link! Been wondering what silicon grease was called in German, seeing it wasn't something that we would usually learn in Deutschkurse. Finding that Goldilocks Length for the piston really is difficult, and takes a few minutes to get it perfectly right... :glare:

Good review & pics :thumbup:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Damn, I suddenly want one. Between my Ahabs and my Reform 1745, I've been enjoying the joys of a springy nib. I don't flex at all, but I love writing with those kinds of nibs. I need to scope out eBay. Or if someone is offering a good deal on one of these . . .

Pen Nut: Thanks! Appreciate it!

AlejoPlay: Honestly speaking, I have no practical uses for flexing nibs, but I think they give my handwriting a tiny bit of character. More character than, say, using a gel pen. :blush: eBay Germany has a lot of good offers for these pens, but yeah, some proficiency in German goes a long way at that website.

Pen Nut: Thanks! Appreciate it!

AlejoPlay: Honestly speaking, I have no practical uses for flexing nibs, but I think they give my handwriting a tiny bit of character. More character than, say, using a gel pen. :blush: eBay Germany has a lot of good offers for these pens, but yeah, some proficiency in German goes a long way at that website.

That's where I'm looking. I don't have a huge budget, so hopefully I may get one for a song.

AlejoPlay: All the best for your hunt then! And may your wallet be happy with the price :P

Edited by Joker4Eva

AlejoPlay: All the best for your hunt then! And may your wallet be happy with the price :P

Actually got one from a wonderful member here! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't give up on Geha, they are one of my favorite pens. In fact I am about to sell a Pelikan 30 because the Geha equivalent is far better.

Your pen is a student version, the serial number was so they would not be stolen or so I have been told.

The FK on the knob refers to the nib and stands for fine, ball type,,,I think.

Don't give up on them yet in fact, let me send you a PM with an offer to try another.

I love infecting others with my disease :roflmho:

The old Geha Schulfuller are nice pens. The nibs seem a bit hard compared to others, but they are purposely made that way. The Geha will write on most surfaces that other fountain pens won't. If you use a permanent ink, it stays and won't rub off shiny coated paper. (Like window envelopes).

Their nibs are either Geha's or some came with Brause nibs. The Brause nibs are smoother.

If you give the pen a good clean and soak, the nib should unscrew.

I have a later Geha Rolled Gold with an OB gold nib that is one of the smoothest writers I have ever used. Their steel OM nibs are also nice if you can get them.

The Pelikan P30 and Sivexas are reliable, but the thicker (B and OB) nibs are smoother than the fine nibs which tend to dig in to the paper at times.

Is it possible to buy nib units for this pen?

Just out of curiosity. Mine flexes great. It writes more like a stub but it does tend to catch sometimes.

AlejoPlay: Not sure about nib units. Seeing Geha went bust years ago (even before I was born, I think!), I think even if there are some out there in the wild, we'll need to look long and hard for one. Might be waaaaaay easier to just get another pen. :P

AlejoPlay: Not sure about nib units. Seeing Geha went bust years ago (even before I was born, I think!), I think even if there are some out there in the wild, we'll need to look long and hard for one. Might be waaaaaay easier to just get another pen. :P

True. I do see some nibs on German eBay but not sure which pens they're for.

They come up every once in a while on German Ebay. Brause also made a nib for these.

If memory serves me right, the old Sheaffer 33 nibs from the touchdowns fits them as well.

If you are stuck, let me know and I'll see if I can find a complete Geha nib unit.

sadly today, I've noticed a hairline crack in the cap of the Geha Schulfüller... :crybaby:

I think I'll be retiring this pen from my daily EDC until I can find a replacement cap or send it for repairs... :crybaby:

• 6 months later...

how to remove nib?

Hey ya, just noticed your post. A "Please" would have been nice to start that sentence with. :mad:

Just kidding! :P You just twist it. I forgot which direction, but yeah, that's all to it. They are like Pelikans.

Wow, thank you for all the hard work and posting the writing samples!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 4 years later...

The GEHA Schulfüller is really easy to take apart for maintenance. And when well cleaned and lubricated it is a very smooooooth piston. Alsmost too smooth.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2nk6ird.jpg

I recently bought a Geha Schulfüller and then I found this thread.

I'm trying to disassemble my Geha Schulfüller right now. I've got the nib unit out. I've never realised that the section is clear plastic. Mine is completely black from years of use. Trying to get it clear again.

Also tried to unscrew the back end with that little hole. Cannot get it done with a paper clip. I don't want to force it as this old pen is my favorite one. When I keep the back end up, do I unscrew clockwise or anticlockwise?

Arjan

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I know that this thread is old, but.....

I have just started collecting gehas and like to take them apart to clean them.

The nib end is easy, but i have not tried the piston end. Your photo is very useful ie clean the hole out and then turn it with a paper clip.

Is it that easy or any other tips, can it be struggle or impossible to do.

I peresume it is not as easy or similar to dismantling lamy 27, 2000 etc

Really enjoy my gehas, thank you for the info

Hello,

I know that this thread is old, but.....

I have just started collecting gehas and like to take them apart to clean them.

The nib end is easy, but i have not tried the piston end. Your photo is very useful ie clean the hole out and then turn it with a paper clip.

Is it that easy or any other tips, can it be struggle or impossible to do.

I peresume it is not as easy or similar to dismantling lamy 27, 2000 etc

Really enjoy my gehas, thank you for the info

You may follow this video to open the piston. The rubber band trick is also easy to do.

https://youtu.be/iFQgsNG4ZB8

Regards,

Jazman