The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Modern Pens - Delta Le's

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 sarahfar

sarahfar

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 20:45

there are the nibs 

#8 with a Rhodium on 18K fine, Fusion Stub, and Fusion Stub.... I am pretty surprised at how much I actually like the fusion nib.....

IMG_0114_zps2b11f839.jpg

Sponsored Content

#42 flyshot

flyshot

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:23

Is the celluloid Stantuffo Star cage argento russo a heavy pen? I forgot to ask Bryant before I ordered it.

I consider my Pilot V.P. to be on the heavy side. My Sheaffer Legacy in sterling silver is heavier.

I would like to use it in my rotation of daily writers.

The Delta really looks nice in the photos.
"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

#43 gregamckinney

gregamckinney

he's just this guy, you know?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 13:15

I'm a major fan of the largest sized Deltas.  I prefer a very wide gripping section, and these pens are great in that regard, and overall.

In my experience, Delta is the most reliably "works out of the box" of all the Italian makers. 

I have five, but didn't have the button-filler demo with me when I took this (poor quality phone) picture:

delta2sm.jpg

The first and third pens from the top are Chatterly/ Delta collaboration pens.  One of twenty-five of the "new pompeii" material, and one of two of the dark orange with black veins.

The Gallery and the Oro are just as great.  I have all with factory stubs, and then penmeistered to be just slightly narrower and sharper.

Here is a better shot of the "new pompeii" pen:

delta-tigerstripe-celluloid2.jpg

Best Regard, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

#44 sarahfar

sarahfar

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,008 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 23:52

My answer would be no. They are though heavier than say Omas, a MB 149, but not heavy in terms of being out of balance. They are a little heavier than the oversize flat tops, but not uncomfortable.

#45 Bogon07

Bogon07

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:34

Sarahfar the SugarCane Stantuffo Star cage sure is pretty.

I was tossing up between the Argento Russo & the Blue Treasure (which I bought) and also selected the Fusion Stub which I am very please with.  

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

#46 JohnEbach

JohnEbach

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2014 - 00:10

I was lucky enough to get one of the Star Cage Pompeii's at the Dallas Pen Show.  I have loaded it with ink and it writes so smooth.  It has the fusion nib, the piston filler (ratchet).  and a medium nib.  It is really a great writer and I think it will be in my rotation for quite a while. 

#47 tryphon

tryphon

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,061 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2014 - 17:02

Inuit

Inu3.jpg

#48 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,320 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2016 - 20:05

IMG_0110_zps042866e1.jpg

These are 3 new Chatterley Exclusives that are great values....

The first is the over-sized Stantfuffo Marmo Incinato which is the brown celluloid used in one of their older LE's more than twice as expensive. It is a gorgeous material and sports  14K # 8 and hand carved ebonite feed. All white trim and it writes exceptionally well. It has a ratcheting piston filler as do the other two here.

I just bought the last remaining Stantuffo Marmo Incrinato from Bryant, with a stub nib. It's a beauty. I inked it with De Atramentis Tokyo, which is a reddish brown that goes nicely with the finish of the pen.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#49 guyinkits

guyinkits

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:35

Wow this post made it difficult for me to pick my next pen.  I was thinking a Visconti HS or Wall Street Ltd Ed. but now I'm thinking maybe a Delta pen.  The oversize #8 nib looks amazing but the section looks ridiculous.  Anyone with a regular sized hand want to vouch for how comfortable or not comfortable using the oversize is?

#50 sciumbasci

sciumbasci

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,054 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:20

Just FYI: looks like Delta is in a bad situation, according to fountainpen.it forum users

#51 Babangita

Babangita

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:22

Dear and refined gentlemen I am really sorry, just couldn't resist to resurrecting this post...

The postman just brought in a L.E. of 100 Delta Sorrento, the pen arrived in pristine condition and the first thing that came to my mind was to come back to this post and share it with you.

Couldn't find much info about it, seemingly it is a FPH made LE.

Hope you will enjoy the pics.

Attached Images

• 1 (1024x576).jpg
  • 2 (1024x576).jpg

Current modern daily users: Aurora 88 modern; GvFC Classic, Montegrappa Reminiscence, Nettuno Superba, Omas AM87 orange, S.T.Dupont D-Line black lacquer, Stipula Etruria Tuscany Dreams, Tibaldi Iride + a few good Japanese pens as the PG and the 3776.

Current vintage daily users: Aurora 98p, Big Red Lucky Curve, MB622, P51, P75, Pelikan NN400.

#52 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2018 - 23:48

adding mine too

The Delta Fusion 82 LE Chatterley in dark green (I also have the blue one, but no pic yet)

fpn_1537055182__delta_fusion_82_green.jp

#53 MBfan80

MBfan80

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 18:17

adding mine too

The Delta Fusion 82 LE Chatterley in dark green (I also have the blue one, but no pic yet)

fpn_1537055182__delta_fusion_82_green.jp

Delta is closed, correct? No more sales?

#54 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 20:32

Unfortunately yes.

Their heritage lives on in Leonardo Officina.

What was left of Delta in the hands of Martemodena is but a pale shadow of the marvels produced by Delta.

It's also such a pity that this thread and the great photos shown (ArchiMark! do you still have those originals??) are so badly crippled by the hated photobucket.

Here is another LE, made by Delta for Chatterley in a stunning turquoise celluloid (as used by Montegrappa for the Miya)

fpn_1567454161__p1160733-3_delta_fusion_

#55 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 20:40

and this one is the Delta Chatterley 10th anniversary LE in Lapis blue celluloid (one of the most beautiful celluloids ever made)

fpn_1568320659__p1160673-3_delta_chatter

Edited by sansenri, 12 September 2019 - 20:41.

#56 aggoo

aggoo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:36

and this one is the Delta Chatterley 10th anniversary LE in Lapis blue celluloid (one of the most beautiful celluloids ever made)

fpn_1568320659__p1160673-3_delta_chatter

Ooh, that is gorgeous.  I love Montegrappa celluloid more than almost any other material, but this pen is out of this world.  Visconti used this celluloid for the Voyager LE, is that right? Looks much better on this Delta.

#57 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 21:09

I think Pelikan also used this in a 101.

#58 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,188 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 21:17

The Visconti celluloid used in the Voyager Midnight blue Anniversary is slightly different, it has gold specks in it

fpn_1568841379__p1160469-3_visconti_voya

Edited by sansenri, 18 September 2019 - 21:19.

Sponsored Content

|