Kaweco Sport By Diplomat?

Paul Raposo

Yes - You Only Live Once.

It's one of those, of late, overly used pop culture phrases. Typically when people are trying to decide if they should do something that's "not so bright" - that becomes their rational for doing it.

Sounds like your getting a really nice deal.

Thanks much for the explanation, Chris :thumbup:

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.

--William Makepeace Thackeray

Visit my blog to see the pens I have for sale

Paul's Pens

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Raposo

• rachelcarpenter

• whych

• wastelanded

Interesting timing. I saw some Kawecos today, but hadn't the interest to get one... until later today after it was too late. Then I looked on the bay and saw just new ones (cartridge only I believe). Now reading this I looked at completed listings (none currently active) and found that sure enough, the piston vintage pens were selling for the same price as the new ones.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

• 1 year later...

BP cartridge = ?

Thanks!

Esterbrooks

Montblanc... meisterstuck 146 from the early 80s. A gift from a friend who got many pens for his Bar Mitzvah.

Conklin parts, in a ziplock.

1990s Shaeffers - one slender matte mauve, one marbled shiny blue, both lovely to write with. Love those nibs.

Stypen. Smoother flow now that I've flushed it.

"Treasure" combined pen and pencil. Old, tiny, works.

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

Esterbrooks

Montblanc... meisterstuck 146 from the early 80s. A gift from a friend who got many pens for his Bar Mitzvah.

1990s Shaeffers - one slender matte mauve, one marbled shiny blue, both lovely to write with. Love those nibs.

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

Thanks!! I was actually spacing and thinking that "BP" might be a special kind of int'l cartridge ... The sport "by diplomat" that I got recently from eBay doesn't seem to take the standard shirt cartridges that I've used in my more recent kawecos. Specifically, it seems impossible to smoosh the cartridge in. Maybe it takes long int'l catridges (which I didn't even realize existed until I started googling around)...

Esterbrooks

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

Oooops--didn't realize I posted only the quoted matter!!

1. Thanks.

2. Does anyone know if the "by diplomat" sports take the "long international" cartridge that I just found out about? For fountain pens, I mean. I got a nice diplomat this week but the cartridges I use on my other, current-day, kaweco sports don't fit.

Esterbrooks

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

Oh, great, my phone made me think I hadn't posted a reply when I had. Argh.

Esterbrooks

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

The fountain pen should be standard ink carts. The ballpoint takes one of the shorter refills, but I have never had one, so can't tell you which.

Paul

Most of the sports write well. The nib and feed are press fit. Takes a bit of time sitting nib down to get the ink to flow, but when it does, it will keep flowing.

Kaweco have always made pens with advertisng logos - I have some '50s pens with beer brewer adverts on both the pen and the case hanger.

Diplomat in the case of these pens is the luggage manufacturer and not the pen maker.

The case will be OK for any of the modern 2 pen sets.

Thanks!

I have no idea why, but this pen just won't take the intl cartridge--it fits in there width-wise, but I am unable to pound it in there. And now (of course) I have one stuck in the barrel but good, because I attempted to double them up, in case that would help. Time for extremely thin tweezers. Sigh.

Esterbrooks

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

Use a coarse threaded screw to screw in to the stuck inc cart and then pull it out.

Check there is nothing jammed in the section stopping you from fitting a cart to the pen.

Soak the section and you should be able to pull the nib and feed to check nothing is jammed in the section.

Thank you! I will try this.... the cartridge is in backward, so it'll be messy, but that is nothing new...!

Esterbrooks

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

I will try that with the section. Right now I'm trying to get the cartridge I stuck in the barrel out....!

Esterbrooks

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

And... Thanks!

Esterbrooks

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy