Diamine Chocolate Brown

Bhavna

Excellent review, and I think your scan captured the color well. I have a page in a notebook with some writing in this ink, and I put a small drop on that page and smeared it. That smear really showcases the color. Could easily be mistaken for a small spill of hot chocolate or more specifically, cocoa powder in water. Slight reddish hue to a nice mid-deep brown. Love it!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• senzen

• Sandy1

• ravantra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent review, and I think your scan captured the color well. I have a page in a notebook with some writing in this ink, and I put a small drop on that page and smeared it. That smear really showcases the color. Could easily be mistaken for a small spill of hot chocolate or more specifically, cocoa powder in water. Slight reddish hue to a nice mid-deep brown. Love it!

Hi , Thank you for your kind comments. It's a photograph, I just gave up with scans after my scanner was doing its own thing..! I just adore the saturation and the flow. It is glorious to watch dry from a wet nib :cloud9:. Glad you love it too!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Great - now I have another ink on my wish list! :rolleyes: Thanks for the review!

I know the feeling, this site is dangerous for us mere mortals! However, I will state, this one is so gorgeous, it will be worth it! You can never go wrong with Chocolate! :D

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

UPDATE: Folks, for those who wish it, here is a comparison (with hearty thanks to Sandy1) of Diamine Chocolate and PR Chocolat

here

Oooh, great brown. Currently my go to brown is Iroshizuku Yama guri. Will have to try this one. Water resistance does not matter to me.

Really like your review, thanks.

I'd love to see a comparison with yama Guri, which I just got!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Oooh, great brown. Currently my go to brown is Iroshizuku Yama guri. Will have to try this one. Water resistance does not matter to me.

Really like your review, thanks.

I'd love to see a comparison with yama Guri, which I just got!

+1 Love to see a comparison. Anyone have both inks?

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Great review! :thumbup:

Thank you! I see no luck as yet with the Y-G comparison?

Not yet, unfortunately... And now that I think about it I also need to make sure it's sufficiently different from Lie de Thé...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Not yet, unfortunately... And now that I think about it I also need to make sure it's sufficiently different from Lie de Thé...

Hi,

Comparison of Diamine Chocolate to Pilot yama-guri: LINK

As for a comparison of Diamine Chocolate to Herbin Lie de Thé, I have posted Reviews of each, so ad hoc comparison can be done by manipulating browser windows. I consider them very different inks, so generating a separate Comparison Topic seems a WOMBAT.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Hi,

As for a comparison of Diamine Chocolate to Herbin Lie de Thé, I have posted Reviews of each, so ad hoc comparison can be done by manipulating browser windows. I consider them very different inks, so generating a separate Comparison Topic seems a WOMBAT.

Bye,

S1

Sandy1, thank you very much for these! I really value your time in posting so many comparisons, they have been so helpful in deciding purchase or not! Bx

snip

Sandy1, thank you very much for these! I really value your time in posting so many comparisons, they have been so helpful in deciding purchase or not! Bx

Hi,

You're welcome!

I've designed the current template used in my Reviews to support comparisons, and make an effort to include at least one pen in common across most colour groups.

Some time ago I did a series of ten fairly common 'keystone' Blue inks, and did comparisons, OOTT Summary. From that I learned not to do comparisons as a matter of course, but only as requested or as needed.

That basic approach is applied to the other inks I review, (Brown, Blue-Black, Red, Orange, etc.); and am in the process of adding 'comparison exemplars' to Reviews that were done prior to adopting my current template.

Comparisons are not only valuable to support purchases of ink, but also to increase appreciation of some of the less obvious aspects of ink+pen+paper as a whole.

I encourage people to avail themselves of the vast trove of information available in the ICS&T Forum; and if not sated, then post in the linked Topic LINK. and/or the Inky Thoughts Forum.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Yay! Thanks Sandy! Epic as always.

Hi,

Bye,

S1

B. Russell

This is what prompted my question: Lie de thé has a red tinge to it that I had not noticed before, and which comes out to my eyes when comparing it with these two; but thanks to Bhavna and Sandy I can see Diamine Chocolate will probably be even more reddish and thus easy to distinguish.

I have Bleu Myosotis and Sheaffer blue and they are too much alike...

post-80983-0-11875300-1348866162.jpg

B. Russell

Yama-guri does look so so similar to Lie de the' in that photo.

In natural light they look more different, and gorgeous; under a yellowish light they each take on a very different tone.

B. Russell

This is what prompted my question: Lie de thé has a red tinge to it that I had not noticed before, and which comes out to my eyes when comparing it with these two; but thanks to Bhavna and Sandy I can see Diamine Chocolate will probably be even more reddish and thus easy to distinguish.

I have Bleu Myosotis and Sheaffer blue and they are too much alike...

Thank you for this! I love the reddish tinge of the Lie de the! :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

a very nice and interesting brown :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Great review of an excellent ink. It's been my standard brown for some time now but I'm considering switching to Macassar. That's the problem with Diamine: they keep coming up with interesting variations.