The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Speedball B-6 Nib Review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tommyss4l

tommyss4l

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2012 - 17:09

The ink used came from my Think Geek Old Time Writing set, the ink sucks but its all I had, as stated I'll re-review when I have some proper ink, i.e. my Heart of Darkness.

Overall I can't say anything more now than I did in the review. It's an amazing nib, fast smooth and writes forever. If you guys can't read it let me know and I'll transcribe the text for you.

Attached Images

• IMG_20120821_100616.jpg

The pen is mightier than the sword. The tip of a pen can start or end wars, move resources, and change the lives of billions. Swords blush at the pen's death count.

Sponsored Content

#2 fiberdrunk

fiberdrunk

Fibery and Inky Goodness

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2012 - 17:44

I'm glad to see someone do a review of the Speedball B series nibs. I love how smooth they write. It's a great monoline nib! If you have the older 21st edition of the Speedball Textbook, it has a fun handwriting style for this nib called the "Speedball B Swing" on the bottom of p. 25 (the newer edition doesn't include it). Thanks for the review!
Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

#3 tommyss4l

tommyss4l

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 August 2012 - 17:36

No I don't have the book, but thanks for the tip. I really love the nib, I've drawn a bit with it but it's an amazing nib to write with.
The pen is mightier than the sword. The tip of a pen can start or end wars, move resources, and change the lives of billions. Swords blush at the pen's death count.

#4 fiberdrunk

fiberdrunk

Fibery and Inky Goodness

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2013 - 22:11

Resurrecting an older thread here.  I came across my old Speedball B Swing lettering exercise from a 1994 calligraphy class.  It's so rare to hear anyone talk about the Speedball B nibs, which is why I remembered this one.  Calligraphers usually use the C-series nibs.  It's a shame few know about the B-series (there's an A and D series, too.)

10369494383_06e766b01d_c.jpg

Edited by fiberdrunk, 19 October 2013 - 22:13.

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

Sponsored Content

|