How Many M800S & M1000S Do You Own?

OC Mike

Pelikan Aficionados,

I'm curious to see how many M800s & M1000s you own. Currently I own:

• 3-M800s (Black/silver, Blue stripe/silver, Green stripe/gold) plus 3 extra nibs to interchange on the pens
  • 2-M1000s (Black/gold, Green stripe/gold) plus 3 extra nibs to interchange on the pens

i know there has to be someone in the group that can beat 5, so let's see how the obsession plays out in the end! roflmho.gif

Regards,

Mike

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OC Mike

• moabit

• georges zaslavsky

• RobertJRB

2 early M800s, 1x Custom binde M1000. and several nib units of both sizes... I have enough. no active desire to buy more.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Just the one, an M1050. I'd like an M1005 demonstrator but I have a lot of other pen priorities too (thinking of picking up a white tortoise M600).

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Don't have a 1000 size since they still haven't made it in blue stripes!

3 M800's (Blue stripe, Blue-o-Blue and clear Demonstrator) plus Blue stripe ball point and Mech Pencil

2 M600's (625 in Blue and Grand Place)

2 M400's (Blue Stripe and Tortoise)

2 M200's (Green swirl and Blue demonstrator)

1 M320 (Red)

1 M150

Oh and a blue/green Epoch

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

2 pre 1997 m800s, one in f and one in m

2 pre 2005 m1000s, one in f and one in m

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Don't have a 1000 size since they still haven't made it in blue stripes!

3 M800's (Blue stripe, Blue-o-Blue and clear Demonstrator) plus Blue stripe ball point and Mech Pencil

2 M600's (625 in Blue and Grand Place)

2 M400's (Blue Stripe and Tortoise)

2 M200's (Green swirl and Blue demonstrator)

1 M320 (Red)

1 M150

Oh and a blue/green Epoch

I agree, an M1000 with blue stripes and silver trim would be perfect! puddle.gif

Regards,

Mike

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

But I will be buying the M800 Brown Tortoise when it comes out.

If it is even for sale in your country because I think it must be a somehow limited edition and not for sale everywhere

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

If it is even for sale in your country because I think it must be a somehow limited edition and not for sale everywhere

Rumour has it that it will carry a RRP of ~£500+ GBP. If and when.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Not being available in my country is not a hurdle for me :). It may even become available. Who knows, after all India is a very important market for all these brands.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

•  
  • M1000 - green
  • M800 - black
  • M800 - blue
  • D800 - blue

About a dozen more in the smaller sizes.

Qui me amat, amat et canem meum

I own 2 M800 (Green F and a Blue o' Blue M) and I am waiting for the brown one and in future a Toledo.

Currently inked: M800 (Pelikan Blue-Black), M400 (Qink Blue-Black), 400NN (Pelikan Black), 120 (Pelikan Turquoise) and 100N (Pelikan Royal Blue)

Blue O' Blue Italic Broad nib, M805 blue with M and B nibs . So desirous of an M1000 and restraining myself.

Not being available in my country is not a hurdle for me :). It may even become available. Who knows, after all India is a very important market for all these brands.

I think Pelikan like any of the big firms target countries where people have high income and where buying luxury pens isn't an issue. They also select stores whith which they have a long history of selling their pens. Maybe Bryant or Mottishaw will be able to have some, but the run will be very limited.

Rumour has it that it will carry a RRP of ~£500+ GBP. If and when.

that is quite possible maybe more

I think Pelikan like any of the big firms target countries where people have high income and where buying luxury pens isn't an issue. They also select stores whith which they have a long history of selling their pens. Maybe Bryant or Mottishaw will be able to have some, but the run will be very limited.

I don't know about that. I bought the last special edition M101N, it was available online in Germany and China from authorised resellers much before it appeared in the high ticket stores you mention. Pelikan is not very tight in marketing unlike Mb which has a much tighter grip on its retail channels.

I know already who i will be buying my M800 tortoise from, if pelikan decides to release it after all.

I have a black M1000 with a F nib, a M900 Toledo in M, and a M900 Concerto in B.

I don't have a big appeal for the other models. The recent limited edition with multicolour stripes was very beautiful, but 3000€ is far too expensive for a pen.

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

I don't know about that. I bought the last special edition M101N, it was available online in Germany and China from authorised resellers much before it appeared in the high ticket stores you mention. Pelikan is not very tight in marketing unlike Mb which has a much tighter grip on its retail channels.

I know already who i will be buying my M800 tortoise from, if pelikan decides to release it after all.

I know that Pelikan is less tighter than MB in terms of marketing. Good luck on finding the m800 you want

M800 black, M and XXF nib

M805 blue, B nib

M800 green, F nib

M800 blue, M nib

M nib

All great pens to write with and in my rotation!

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man

that he does not know until he takes up his pen to write.

Thackeray