The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Kaweco Student Ef

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:04

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notable inks:
Diamine Majestic blue@kaweco
DIamine pumpkin and amber
Pelikan topaz.
Everything is impermanent.

Sponsored Content

#2 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:31

Ah I would like to add that although it's an international C/C (Cartridge/converter), my waterman converters don't seem to fit.

#3 Ytland

Ytland

The Swagman

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:21

Thanks for the review! I've never seen this pen before... Just an aside though, it's usually not a good idea to open the slit with a blade. You can nick the slit walls which causes irreparable abnormalities in the ink flow.

Jack.

Express Nib Grinding Down Under at AUSSIE PEN REPAIR
Email: aussiepenrepair@gmail.com

Pens for Sale

Posted Image

#4 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:54

Thanks for the review! I've never seen this pen before... Just an aside though, it's usually not a good idea to open the slit with a blade. You can nick the slit walls which causes irreparable abnormalities in the ink flow.

Jack.

Thanks for reading! :happyberet:
You're right about the blade. I Just didn't come up with anything easier. So how do you do it?

#5 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 August 2012 - 18:41

update. I have to say that with time, I find the polished metal grip increasingly annoying. I tried to depolish it but it is still much more slippery than the acryl plastic of the body.
The best I found so far is to rub sealing hard wax on the depolished steel. But honestly I wish the grip was lacquered.

#6 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2012 - 17:44

I have borrowed my wife's transparent nail polish, and put a clean layer on the grip. It is not visible, and made the grip non-slippery.

#7 jimhughes

jimhughes

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 19:21

jetpens. has these in stock, if they haven't sold out for us Stateside folks. Black, White and Dark Blue Demonstrator plastic Colours. The Demonstrator is an almost translucent blue, came with a free converter. Mine arrived Friday. Using it with the dreaded BSB. Jim

#8 ever onward

ever onward

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 18:05

update. I have to say that with time, I find the polished metal grip increasingly annoying. I tried to depolish it but it is still much more slippery than the acryl plastic of the body.
The best I found so far is to rub sealing hard wax on the depolished steel. But honestly I wish the grip was lacquered.

I just want to say thanks for your post. I was considering this pen but think I'll go for the Sport.

best wishes
eo
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning. --Albert Einstein

#9 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:21

I just want to say thanks for your post. I was considering this pen but think I'll go for the Sport.

best wishes
eo

You are very welcome, and I think you are making a good decision. My "Student" is very seldom used due to the discomfort.

#10 JeanManuel

JeanManuel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 September 2013 - 14:42

One year after the purchase, all that remains of the Kaweco Student, is the nib, which I fitted on an old piston filler. The rest of the pen went for recycling.

I am very satisfied of the (considerably adjusted) kaweco nib! :D

Edited by JeanManuel, 02 September 2013 - 15:07.

Sponsored Content

|