San Francisco Pen Show

ethernautrix

I'm not hearing any chatter about the San Francisco Pen Show, but the website says it's October 5 -7, 2012, so I'm planning on going.

(I'm not counting the chatter about it at Pen Posse, just not hearing about it anywhere else.)

Anyone else planning to attend?

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AltecGreen

• ethernautrix

• tenney

• kernando

If it happens. Yup.

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries

I'm not hearing any chatter about the San Francisco Pen Show, but the website says it's October 5 -7, 2012, so I'm planning on going.

(I'm not counting the chatter about it at Pen Posse, just not hearing about it anywhere else.)

Which San Francisco? Yes I'll be there.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Which San Francisco? Yes I'll be there.

The San Francisco down the Peninsula a bit... at the Airport Marriott that's not actually the closest Marriott to the airport....

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Oh yes, I forgot we were talking about the San Mateo pen show.

Friday I can go to the show and skate afterwards. Bring your bike. The Castro Street Fair is always that first Saturday in October. If anybody wants to go, speak up. I guess I'll go to the show afterwards and hope people are still around.

I'm planning on going. :P

Will try to drag my two most precious with me, my girlfriend and my Montblanc 22. :thumbup:

Seriously though, I'm hoping I can get some help from the pros with the MB's flow issues.

"I hope to add some measure of grace to the world. . . . Whether I win or lose does not matter, only that I follow the quest."

Looking for a Sheaffer Sovereign II Gray Pearl with an EF nib.

Nooooooooooooo I was in New York during the most recent one, and I'll be leaving the country for a year about a week before this one.

Edited by aschup

Will try to drag my two most precious with me, my girlfriend and my Montblanc 22. :thumbup:

Seriously though, I'm hoping I can get some help from the pros with the MB's flow issues.

If you come to one of our Pen Posses or the PPPC meetings, you can get help for you MB before the show.

The next PPPC meeting is Sept. 1. We just had two Pen Posses where we fixed a bunch of pens. I might call another in a few weeks.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

The next PPPC meeting is Sept. 1. We just had two Pen Posses where we fixed a bunch of pens. I might call another in a few weeks.

Where will the PPPC meeting be. I've never been to one.

As for a "next" posse... How about Sunday, August 26th --- that would be before Labor day weekend and yet soon enough after the DC show to see lots of new things (or is it too soon?).

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

As for a "next" posse... How about Sunday, August 26th --- that would be before Labor day weekend and yet soon enough after the DC show to see lots of new things (or is it too soon?).

The next PPPC meeting is Sept. 1st at Patten College in Oakland according to Syd. More details to follow.

In any case, I have several pen books I can bring including the new Fountain Pens of Japan.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

No one should be without either until the show. If you can commit to a weekend day we can meet and PEN POSSE PETER'S CAFE. MB nibs almost always yield to us. AG or ENX or LS can make the call.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Nooooooooooooo I was in New York during the most recent one, and I'll be leaving the country for a year about a week before this one.

Another reason to Pen Posse Peter's Cafe.....

I'll bring the aqua regia.

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries

The next PPPC meeting is Sept. 1st at Patten College in Oakland according to Syd. More details to follow.

In any case, I have several pen books I can bring including the new Fountain Pens of Japan.

September 1st sounds reasonable. What should I be prepared for? Maybe we should make a new topic for this as to not clutter the SF pen show thread. :P

"I hope to add some measure of grace to the world. . . . Whether I win or lose does not matter, only that I follow the quest."

Looking for a Sheaffer Sovereign II Gray Pearl with an EF nib.

I don't think that having a posse on the same day as the PPPC makes sense. Even as a tangent.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

I don't think that having a posse on the same day as the PPPC makes sense. Even as a tangent.

It's happened before.

The day Lisa and I got our Danitrio Fellowship pens.

But in this case, it makes less sense.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065