The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan 100N

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ElykNordneg

ElykNordneg

Montdupont

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:19

Hello Everyone!
Today I'll be reviewing a prewar step section Pelikan 100N.

Appearance & Design (9) This pen is very similar in design to the earlier 100. This particular pen shares the 100's step section barrel which was later removed. The 100N has pasted the test of time flawlessly and is still one of the most visually pleasing vintage pens.
http://razzi.me/phot...100n/size/large
Posted Image

Construction & Quality (10) This is probably one of the most robust vintage pens out there. The pen has a very solid feel which makes me more likely to use it. I find with some vintage pens I'm worried about breaking them because they're brittle, not the case with this pen.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Weight & Dimensions (9) The pen is small and doesn't weigh very much. The pen is similar in size to an Esterbrook Dollar pen. Dimensions make this a great shirt pocket pen.
Posted Image

Nib & Performance (10) Hugh points when it comes to the nib. The pen has a 14k gold broad stub nib with flex, what an amazing combo! it is extremely smooth, probably one of my smoothest with the perfect amount of feedback.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Filling System & Maintenance (10) Being a piston filler some maintenance is required to keep the piston moving smoothly and freely over many decades of use. This pen holds slightly more ink than the 100 and lots more than a C/C pen.

Cost & Value (10) I purchased this pen for around $220 from the classifieds section of this forum. The seller had purchase the pen for $600 from PENquin are barely used it so I'm happy.

Conclusion (9.7/10) probably my favorite Pelikan of all time. This pen is iconic among many pen collects and wont be leaving my collection anytime soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review. The photos were all taken in artificial light which gave them a yellowish tinge. My DSLR fell off the tripod and the flash broke just as i started taking pictures :doh:.

Edited by watch_art, 06 August 2012 - 13:51.

Sponsored Content

#2 ElykNordneg

ElykNordneg

Montdupont

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 16:54

Thanks again Shawn ! :notworthy1:

#3 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 20:16

:). No problem. I am happy you like he pen. It really is a sweet pen. And your penmanship is amazing. I have really been working on mine but it somehow still looks like chicken scratch

#4 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:43

No prob! Pictures so nice should be included. :D Glad to help.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#5 breaker

breaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:08

nice review and pics!
thanks!
Cogito ergo sum

#6 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2012 - 16:57

Wow, nice pen!

#7 mtrap

mtrap

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 23:31

Just to say thanks and share this beautiful little pen that has been pass on to me.

The feel on these vintage Pelikan body is kinda "warm" and the smooth finish is so appealing.

The nib is equally so...

Luv this pen!

image_zpsd78a9b41.jpeg

Writing give me the opportunity to reflect and be mindful about the present moment.

Posted Image

#8 ElykNordneg

ElykNordneg

Montdupont

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:17

It was an absolute pleasure dealing with you :). Now if only I could write like that...

#9 Montblanc owner and lover

Montblanc owner and lover

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 18:25

This pen is very nice and i perfectly understand why pelikan make these again...

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too... Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F. Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

#10 ElykNordneg

ElykNordneg

Montdupont

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2013 - 23:50

It was an absolute pleasure dealing with you :). Now if only I could write like that...

#11 biancitwo

biancitwo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:56

I love all of my Pelikans, but my 100N is special, very special. I love to look at it, feel it and write with it.

Sponsored Content

|