The Esterbrook Forum Estie Loaner Program

OcalaFlGuy

The loan to tsherbs ended perfectly with pen and nibs arriving home in excellent shape. That was fun! :)

Awesome program. And thanks for your generosity, sciencechick!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• alc3261

• dcpritch

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okie Dokie,

I've read the procedure for being able to borrow an Estie. As far as I can see the list of Loaner Pens includes several nibs of which I'd be really interested in ' test flying '.

Listed in order of preference:

1. Broad Stud, I saw at the time there were several.

2. Stub, I think at least two.

3. Medium, I think I saw maybe three of these on the list

I just thought if I gave that many that I'd like to try, chances would be one might be available. I do have bottle to use.

Actually the color isn't critical, since it is just to get the feel of. I may not put the $3.00 in to help future postage, however I'm likely to sent the PIF postage plus a donation. I truly think this is a great idea.

There is another thing, not caring for pens that are on the slim side perhaps one could be available for that request.

Thanks for the opportunity.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Estie Loaner Program:

I posted here recently, 1/12/16, that I would like to try an Esterbrook for the two week program.

I put the information required.

Then, commenting on the $3.00 requested to help with future postage, I tried to make a joke. I meant to say " I may not send the $3.00 for future postage but I'm likely to send the $3.00 plus a donation ". But having just been on the PIF side, it came out " ... I may not put in the $3.00 for future postage but I'm likely to send the PIF postage plus a donation ".

I apologize for this, I had intended to follow the rules and requests. However, this typo must have disqualified me from the Loaner Program. Until I realized that I should check back again and again for any member that might let me try an Estie then on the third time I read my mistake.

Now I've set the record straight.

aggie

Then your up-keep.

What size pen are you interested in trying? Or is it the nibs you care about most?

I think folks don't check here often; I really wish this topic was still in the Estie forum.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

​Esterbrook Loaner Program:

ScienceChick, thank you for your reply. I really did get mixed up in my first post above. I think helping with the postage is the least a person could do.

​I went to the Estie Forum here and Esterbrook.net and learned a lot more.

I now know the pen size and nib I'd like to try. If available a J size with a Broad Stub would be great to write with. I have plenty of bottle ink and always use clear room temperature water to flush.

​Thank you,

​aggie

Then your up-keep.

​Esterbrook Loaner Program:

ScienceChick, thank you for your reply. I really did get mixed up in my first post above. I think helping with the postage is the least a person could do.

​I went to the Estie Forum here and Esterbrook.net and learned a lot more.

I now know the pen size and nib I'd like to try. If available a J size with a Broad Stub would be great to write with. I have plenty of bottle ink and always use clear room temperature water to flush.

​Thank you,

​aggie

From the 9/26/15 lost it looks like the following would work

Blue SJ/Gray J with the following nibs: 2284 Stub, 2312 Italic, 2968 Broad, 9556 Fine, 9550 Extra Fine, or 9788 flex (Borrower to specify which nib) (2284 or 2968 in a Gray J)

Green Transitional J 2284 broad stub

Red J 9314-B broad relief (oblique) stub

I hope that this helps... (We have a couple of esties but no broad/stub nibs...)

Thanks zwack. If the Loaners from that updated list, 9/26/15, are still loaning pens with the 2284 nib that would be great.

I have a number of Stubs, both Medium & Broad, that I really like, but I've never tried an Italic nib. That could be a choice if the Stub isn't available.

Again, the color is not so much an issue with test-flying an Estie.

Then your up-keep.

Thanks zwack. If the Loaners from that updated list, 9/26/15, are still loaning pens with the 2284 nib that would be great.

I have a number of Stubs, both Medium & Broad, that I really like, but I've never tried an Italic nib. That could be a choice if the Stub isn't available.

Again, the color is not so much an issue with test-flying an Estie.

Sending you a PM

PM received, PM sent.

Then your up-keep.

Rest assured there was some trepidation in this area myself.

For the record, I've been sitting on this ready to post for several days now while I waited to see how the return of GClef's first sent out pens went. There appears to be no negative issues there. For the mental discussion with myself I valued a loaner Estie at $30. My thought was, if someone Really Wanted a $30 Estie Bad Enough to scheme for 30 continuous days to get a pen sent to them and then abscond, well, in my mind, they were welcome to it. :rolleyes:

The other even stronger thought was, while I might allow for the nefarious actions of others to Kill the ideal AFTER it was tried, I was less willing to allow the Possible nefarious actions of others to be a capable enough reason to PREVENT us from trying.

I personally am willing to invest a pen in the hope that this is idea better tried even if it fails than one that never gets the opportunity to succeed.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Well said. Best of luck!

Bruce,

I'm brand new here on FPN.

I'm a big Estie fan, as this was my first vintage find.

If you have a specific nib you might like to add to this program, I may be able to donate one, as I fortunately found a store (some years ago) with new old stock and purchased several items before they closed.

Bruce,

I'm brand new here on FPN.

I'm a big Estie fan, as this was my first vintage find.

If you have a specific nib you might like to add to this program, I may be able to donate one, as I fortunately found a store (some years ago) with new old stock and purchased several items before they closed.

First, welcome to FPN :) It's very kind of you to offer to lend some of your nibs; if you'll send a PM to Bruce (OcalaFlGuy, the OP) he can add them to the available list.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a Montblanc, Sheaffer, and Waterman fan. I would appreciate the opportunity to try the Este J with Fine or Medium nib. I have plenty on bottled ink and would be happy to donate some to the cause as a thank you for the loaner opportunity.

Thank you for your consideration.

John

I sent a PM to Bruce, you should hear from him soon.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...