• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• mongrelnomad

• pavoni

• olivier78860

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those who have this pen with the titanium "back-end", do you find that the pen feels heavier at the back, i.e. away from the nib?

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested to know how the barrel of the demonstrator is holding with regards to staining ?

I would really to get in on the fun with this pen and would appreciate any feedback.

It's hard to know what to get with all the options though i think the flat-top demonstrator clear barrel and cap looks to be it so I would love to know how it is holding up with regard to stains.

I would be interested to know how the barrel of the demonstrator is holding with regards to staining ?

I would really to get in on the fun with this pen and would appreciate any feedback.

It's hard to know what to get with all the options though i think the flat-top demonstrator clear barrel and cap looks to be it so I would love to know how it is holding up with regard to stains.

I don't have any staining in mine; the only part that retains a tiny amount of ink is where the top cap threads are, but this is easily cleaned through disassembly. Or, you just keep shaking water in the cap and it will come out. No staining with Kon-peki, Irish Green or Corn Poppy Red.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

I use purple inks -- notorious for staining -- in mine, and have never had an issue. The Conid rinses clean and clear easily. ...unlike a couple of my Recife/Wality demonstrators that are no longer clear, but are, rather, purple demonstrators!

I use purple inks -- notorious for staining -- in mine, and have never had an issue. The Conid rinses clean and clear easily. ...unlike a couple of my Recife/Wality demonstrators that are no longer clear, but are, rather, purple demonstrators!

last time i cleaned my pilot 823 i just disassembled it

i assume the conid can be easily taken apart for a quick flush, correct ?

last time i cleaned my pilot 823 i just disassembled it

i assume the conid can be easily taken apart for a quick flush, correct ?

Yes, the whole thing comes apart. Imagine the modularity of the TWSBI, but with much better materials and engineering (which, of course, you'd expect for the price).

Hmmm... I just assumed that Fountainbel would have used something very stain resistant like Delrin.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

would love to own this pen

unfortunately, conid offers many options to choose from

hard to know which model to get ....

:unsure: :unsure:

• 3 months later...

This thread will never die. Just ordered mine today, the clear Regular Demonstrator Flat Top with an EF titanium nib. It is a gift from my fiancé proving this is a match made in heaven. (And she's great too...)

Hoping the EF is close to or slightly finer than the Pelikan M805 EF but anything from there to the fine Sailor F will be wonderful.
I imagine I can order a separate nib and change myself if I want an F or M in future.

Edited by Steelblue

• 3 weeks later...

My Regular Demonstrator Flat Top with an F titanium nib just arrived in LA. Hoping it will get to my house in less than a week! I will post pictures once it is in my hands. :)

Edited by ArtofTy

• 1 year later...

This thread will never die. Just ordered mine today, the clear Regular Demonstrator Flat Top with an EF titanium nib. It is a gift from my fiancé proving this is a match made in heaven. (And she's great too...)

Hoping the EF is close to or slightly finer than the Pelikan M805 EF but anything from there to the fine Sailor F will be wonderful.

I imagine I can order a separate nib and change myself if I want an F or M in future.

This made my chuckle so I decided to resurrect it.

I think I'll be ordering a Minimalistica+ demo very soon. Hoping to buy myself a Waterman Ideal #5 nib and chucking it in. Hope it works out without any complication. Anyone how well the cap shuts closed after extended use (1+ years) and if the seal is airtight (looks like it makes a good seal imo)?

Currently Inked = Pilot Custom 823 - 14Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Kakadu LE #100/100 - 18Kt Gold 'M' Nib -- Visconti Homo Sapiens London Fog LE #785/888 - 23Kt Pd "1.3mm Stub" Nib -- Pelikan 100N Transitional - 14Kt Gold 'OF' Nib -- Pelikan 400 - 14Kt Gold 'KF' Nib (All Inked with Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black) -- Pelikan M200 West Germany - SS 'OBB' Nib