Conid Fountainbel's Fpr Bulk Filler Ltd Demonstrator

olivier78860

My Conid Fountainbel's FPR Bulk Filler Ltd Demonstrator (breathe now) has arrived !

And wow ! That's a nice pen. The ingenious filling system makes it hold nearly twice as much ink as a Pelikan M800 (which compares in size).

I'll post a review soon !

Thanks, Francis and Werner :)

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcpritch

• Physalis

• olivier78860

• blopplop

Mine's stuck in customs but should be arriving soon. Can't wait!

Too many pens; too little writing.

Looking forward to your review

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

:clap1:

So excited to see the review. I am truly in LOVE with this pen. I've been following its progress for years. Alas, it is light-years out of my budget...

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Congratulations! Patiently awaiting mine, but strangely the tracking only shows that it has been "sorted" and that was on the 13th. I hope it isn't stuck somewhere.

Lemon328i, did you scroll to the bottom of the page on the tracking site ? The information was written in small characters on my page.

The review is here.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/225920-conid-fountainbels-bulk-filler-ltd-demonstrator/

Don't hesitate to post more reviews of yours, with the other nibs!

Olivier, thanks so much for doing the review so quickly and for posting your thoughts about this pen.

Alas, mine left Antwerp on 13 July and since then the tracking shows only:

14/07/2012 20:34 Arrival office of exchange INTERNATIONAL POST

I will keep waiting, but your review has only increased my excitement to receive the pen and my patience is being put to the test!

DAVID

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Like David, no new info on tracking the pen. The page doesn't scroll at all when tracking. I figure it will show up randomly within the next week or so.

Has anyone in the US received their pen yet?

I got mine last Thursday:

fpn_1342819017__conid_fountainbel_fpr_demonstrator_2_825x1024.jpg

fpn_1342819092__conid_fountainbel_fpr_demonstrator_1_1024x768.jpg

fpn_1342819116__conid_fountainbel_fpr_demonstrator_952x1024.jpg

I've been in touch with Francis over the past week and can reaffirm what a great person he is. I apologize here for misspelling his last name in my writing sample; the correct spelling is Goossens.

And the pen, you ask? It is amazing!

— Samuel Johnson

Wow, great pics. May I ask if your tracking info ever updated, or did the pen just show up? Mine has yet to arrive.

.. May I ask if your tracking info ever updated, or did the pen just show up?

It was the weirdest thing, the tracking never updated until the day after the pen arrived, then it said, "Item in delivery phase", followed by an entry that said, "item delivered by bpost." I think there is a disconnect between BPost and USPS at the data level, but thankfully not at the delivery level. Mine was put into the mail on July 13 and delivered six days later on July 19, not so bad for a trip across the pond to a remote location like mine.

Good luck getting yours soon. I'm sure you will be impressed as was I.

— Samuel Johnson

Darn, I don't know what's up with mine. It was also sent out on the 13th but hasn't arrived. All of these pictures have me chomping at the bit!!!!!!

The wait is worth it Physalis :thumbup: Whilst my number 05/60 arrived on 13th July, I only filled it yesterday (see fountain pen reviews) because I spent that long gazing at it.

Love your writing sample dcpritch. I also have the titanium M nib but I note yours described as an M stub! You must be really pleased with that nib!

Pavoni.

Nice pics, David; how about posting them in the review topic ? It would be nice for readers to see all the nibs sizes on one page.

Physalis : regarding the tracking information, it doesn't update anymore once the pen has been processed through the country of origin's customs, I think.

This is because the tracking number changes with the country: a new one is given by the transporter and it cannot be followed until it reaches your home.

That's how it's always been when I ordered pens from the USA. Usually, could only follow the pen until the departure airport. So either yours is stuck at the US Customs (it can add a week or two), or it's slowly on its way to you.

Edited by olivier78860

... I only filled it yesterday (see fountain pen reviews) because I spent that long gazing at it.

Love your writing sample dcpritch. I also have the titanium M nib but I note yours described as an M stub! You must be really pleased with that nib!

Pavoni.

Thanks for the very nice compliment, Pavoni, but with a pen this nice it clearly is more the pen than me. I spent a couple days staring at mine, as well, but it didn't take too long before my curiosity got the better of me and I inked it up. I had asked Francis to make the Medium Ti nib into a stub, which he did very nicely. Francis explained to me that the tipping material on titanium nibs is not quite as strong as would normally be found on gold or steel nibs, so he was careful not to grind too far into the tipping. The nib I have is .9mm in width and .4mm in thickness. In every way the pen is wonderful, and the nib has remarkable flex, very similar to some of my vintage nibs, I'd say.

Nice pics, David; how about posting them in the review topic ? It would be nice for readers to see all the nibs sizes on one page.

Thanks Olivier, I will do so soon, and I would have posted them earlier but I didn't want to hijack your review, on which you did such a nice job. I love all the photos you did of the packaging, the writing sample, the illustrated guide to filling, etc. Like others, I've been following this project since Francis first began to share with us his invention and decided right away to get one of these pens. I don't regret that decision one bit!

— Samuel Johnson

looks like I will have to buy one of these bulk fillers.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Hi George,

Only 4 of the 60 FPR demonstrators are still available in the meantime .....

Francis

Hi George,

Only 4 of the 60 FPR demonstrators are still available in the meantime .....

Francis

Forgive me for not knowing, but how do I order one? :)

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg