Montblanc Poa Gaius Maecenas 4810

sny

Hello sny,

Congratulations on your lovely FP and thanks for the review with nice photo's.

With love,

goldenkrishna

Ik tik

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sny

• Sblakers

• Tonight

• Scylax

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This pen was actually on my "ugly POA pens" list...just from looking at the promo photos...but after looking at the real-photos...oh my... :notworthy1:

I think it just jumped into my top 5 POA list...

Man is it gorgeous! :thumbup: :puddle:

• 3 weeks later...

I too am a huge fan of roman history. With that said how do you think the white would hold up to everyday use. I am wanting to get one of these but I would be using it as a daily writer. Also , does the nib have any spring to it or is it a nail

Being that I plan on majoring in the classics...this is AMAZING! :puddle:

"Vae me, puto concacavi me!" -Seneca

ἄριστον μέν ὕδωρ μέλαν

hi. i'm not a fan of MB -specially don't care much for the LE's, but this is a cool looking pen. the Gladius Hispaniensis clip is rad!!

thx for the review!

Great review with equally great pictures. I do like the spotting of the spelling mistake in the word 'curriculo' and wonder how many people actually picked up on that, I suspect virtually none but may pose that question in the Montblanc forum at a later date.

Does the pen carrying the incorrectly spelt word have additional collector interest :hmm1:

I agree with your comment on the lack of ink window and other le's do have this issue which bugs me as well.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 1 month later...

I too am a huge fan of roman history. With that said how do you think the white would hold up to everyday use. I am wanting to get one of these but I would be using it as a daily writer. Also , does the nib have any spring to it or is it a nail

Sorry I haven't been following my topic very well... I use my pen quite often, I think that every pen should be used. I think the white would hold up very well, it doesn't seem to loose it's color or to fade. The nib isn't a nail at all, I find that this pen has the best nib of all other pens I have. It is a bit springy, it's smooth but not too much, the width is just perfect (not too wide but still with some very nice character)... All in all, this Gaius Maecenas is still the pen I enjoy the most writing with.

Regards,

S.

Lovely handwriting and such a nice pen! I currently use an EF nib in my 149 but I will probably be going for a BB in my next purchase.

key-bored.net - longweight's mechanical keyboard site

Sny. Your lovely review is what was the deciding factor in me getting this pen. I absolutely adore mine. In my opinion the Maecenas is what the Octavian should have looked like. My maecenas is an everyday user in rotation with my 149, and danitrio genkai. I have no fears of using this pen. It is built like a tank. And the nib is just perfection. I ended up getting a medium

Sny. Your lovely review is what was the deciding factor in me getting this pen. I absolutely adore mine. In my opinion the Maecenas is what the Octavian should have looked like. My maecenas is an everyday user in rotation with my 149, and danitrio genkai. I have no fears of using this pen. It is built like a tank. And the nib is just perfection. I ended up getting a medium

I'm glad to read that you purchased the pen and are happy with it. Compared to the 149 or other 146 I love the weight the Maecenas has, it just sits firmly in your hand, waiting to write.

Regards,

S.

• 2 years later...

I enjoyed Sny's excellent review and photos of this unique FP. As an erstwhile student of Latin and classical Greek, I found this pen irresistible when I walked into a Montblanc store in 2011. I purchased it with a medium nib and it is a joy to write with and admire. The thematic design is so strong: The entire pen seems to reflect and recall ancient Rome. Hefty and solid, this pen is truly a classic!

Late to bed, late to rise

No disadvantage that I can surmise

• 1 year later...

Greetings.

I thoroughly enjoyed your review of this beautiful pen. I am wondering how functional it is given marble is hard yet a delicate material.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...

I'm glad to read that you purchased the pen and are happy with it. Compared to the 149 or other 146 I love the weight the Maecenas has, it just sits firmly in your hand, waiting to write.

~ After reading comments from Reed_thoughts about writing with a Montblanc PoA Gaius Maecenas I read this excellent review.

Both sets of comments mention the comfort of writing with weight.

Never having written with any pen that has substantial mass, this is useful to know.

Such a pleasing pen design, so well presented in this review.

Thank you to sny for having taken time to prepare and post this.

Tom K.