The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montegrappa Eleganza

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 17:29

The Montegrappa Eleganza line was introduced as part of the Reminiscence line and soon replaced that line in Montegrappa's Regular pens.

Posted Image

Unlike the earlier Reminiscence pens, the Eleganza came only in the octagonal faceted design but continued offering large and small fountain pens in either the plain or Greek key guilloché engraving.

Some key differences from the Reminiscence line were the switch to translucent resin for the section, cap band and end cap of the body instead of the threaded end cap. The Eleganza used an Emerald Green resin with pearlescent accents.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Later versions were named Privilege (with Sapphire Blue resin) and Privilege Deco (with Moon Stone Gray resin and just an Art Deco guilloché).

Posted Image

Like most modern Montegrappas the ones I have are moderately wet writers with great balance and control. Available nibs include fine, medium, broad and stub and tend to be towards the fine end of each range. Filling is by standard International format cartridge/converter.

I have examples of the large size Eleganza in the plain Sterling silver finish:

Posted Image

Posted Image

and a small size in the Greek Key guilloché:

Posted Image

The larger Eleganza weighs in at 45g while the small one weighs about 33g.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like all my Montegrappas these two pens have been reliable, consistent, a joy in use and constantly pleasurable.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Sponsored Content

#2 Fountainpenlover

Fountainpenlover

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 18:05

Nice review and beautiful photos as always. Must confirm that this is a fantastic fountain pen! Have a same one with green acrylic. Only pity is that the cap's end is also in green acrylic which is delicate. I had accidentally dropped mine and the acrylic band at the end of the cap cracked (!) and I had to glue it in place, so mine is a damaged pen, though still perfectly usable. I am under the impression that the green band at the end of the cap has wisely been removed from newer versions of Montegrappa pens similar to the one posted, as a result of which there is less probability of damaging the cap.

#3 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,908 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 19:01

Great review Jar, thanks. I admire the "plain" larger model, a very elegant pen indeed.

#4 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 21:10

Nice review and beautiful photos as always. Must confirm that this is a fantastic fountain pen! Have a same one with green acrylic. Only pity is that the cap's end is also in green acrylic which is delicate. I had accidentally dropped mine and the acrylic band at the end of the cap cracked (!) and I had to glue it in place, so mine is a damaged pen, though still perfectly usable. I am under the impression that the green band at the end of the cap has wisely been removed from newer versions of Montegrappa pens similar to the one posted, as a result of which there is less probability of damaging the cap.

Both the Privilege and the Privilege Deco still have the Resin at the cap band.

Posted Image

My Website

#5 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,033 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2012 - 19:43

nice looking montegrappa :thumbup: thanks for sharing
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#6 jar

jar

• Member - Gold

• 26,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2012 - 18:46

Thought a look at the whole Eleganza, Privilege, Privilege Deco family might be of interest.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Website

Sponsored Content

|