Akkerman Ink Group Buy

BeachBum

Did he mention if there were any further price breaks? I highly doubt you won't break over the 20/30 bottle mark...

I'd be interested but really have a hard time justifying at $30 a bottle (Even though it's an epic bottle..)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeachBum

• OakIris

• tinta

• FPFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, as of this point, I am at 16 bottles based on those who have sent me PMs or confirmed on here. One user has agreed to reduce his count by 1 so that I can get all 15 bottles ordered.

As noted originally, I will ship to your locations in the most economically, yet safe, method practical. As noted in the first post, all who have responded will be charged approximately $25.53 per bottle, plus appropriate shipping to your location. This figure may change by a few pennies based on the exchange rate at the date the transaction is processed.

If you have any hesitancy, or wish to withdraw or modify your order, please let me know no later than midnight Pacific time on Saturday, July 14. After that time, you will be considered to have purchased the ink. Thank you all!

Edited by BeachBum

“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” ― Calvin Coolidge

Did he mention if there were any further price breaks? I highly doubt you won't break over the 20/30 bottle mark...

I'd be interested but really have a hard time justifying at $30 a bottle (Even though it's an epic bottle..)

Unfortunately, he said they cannot ship more than 15 bottles per package, so the price resets above that level. I know the price is a little high, but I just remind myself that this is equivalent to three bottles from most other manufacturers (150ml versus 50ml).

Edited by BeachBum

“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” ― Calvin Coolidge

Is the bottle just below the ink swabs the bottle that these inks comes in?

If Yes, I'd have a bottle of #8 if you get more requests. I see you are already at the 15 bottle level so unless you get 14 more requests, I'll wait till the next time.

Given that I can't read the text on their website, is there anywhere I get more information about these inks in English. Can anyone point to a post or link that discusses Akkerman inks. I only just recently heard of them and didn't see any reviews on this site...

Edit - I just did a new search on Akkerman in the reviews and find there are plenty of reviews and some of the information I requested above. I got to go back to reading them now. . .

Thank you.

Edited by FPFan

Fair winds and following seas.

Also, if you get a second 15 I'd like a bottle of #10 (the iron gall). If not, I understand. Thanks.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Wow, just 27 hours to get on board. :yikes:

I need to check this place more often.

If there's a Round 2, I could go for a bottle of #5 Shocking Blue.

I will be in for a bottle or two if there is a second round! Please PM me if you decide to go for 30!

Edited by Trillium

Very cool that we reached the 15 bottle mark! Thank you for all of your work on this, BeachBum.

For those that missed out on this one, I bet there will be another group buy at some point. I know FP Geeks had one and I think this is the 2nd or 3rd one here on FPN.

Though it doesn't seem likely - look how long it took them to actually get a website up and working so international buyers could finally have access to their inks - perhaps someday Akkerman will even decide to get a US distributor. Even though at this point they have no plans to ever sell through dealers, there is always hope.....

Holly

@MrsGouletPens, if you are reading - has Goulet approached Akkerman about this?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I would be interested in 2 or 3 bottles if there is a second round. Bottles 5, 13, and 30

Smith Premier No. 4

If there is a 2nd round I am interested in 1 bottle of shocking blue #5. I am in LA so it is easy to ship or maybe we could meet together.

Regards.

I'll take 2-3 bottles. if you have a second run

I would want #5 and 10. #30 would be my option ink.

If my count is correct, Do we now have enough for round two ?

Edited by xspect

Wait a second! I am actually in Europe right now. Can I order from them directly?

Edit: Nevermind, shipping kills it, even from Austria.

Edited by axio

If a second round is put together, let me know. I was the guy who reduced my order to just one bottle in the first round, and wouldn't mind a second.

I finally found their website, and managed to translate things, and place an order so I'll pass on any group buy now

Regards

Jeff

It is absolutely worth the $30 a bottle! I love the ink and I love the bottles.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY