Akkerman Ink Group Buy

BeachBum

Good Morning, FPNers. Okay, I have heard back from Paul, and have the following information on what it would cost to purchase Akkerman Inks and have them shipped to the U.S. Here is the breakdown based on today's exchange rates:

Ink (150ml Bottle) = 16,50 Euros = $20.22

Shipping Rates (all shipping is broken down based on high end of range):

1-3 Bottles = 25,00 Euros = $30.63 total or $10.21 per bottle

4-7 Bottles = 35,00 Euros = $42.89 total or $6.13 per bottle

8-15 Bottles = 65,00 Euros = $79.66 total or $5.31 per bottle

This gives us net prices per bottle of:

3 Bottles: $30.43

7 Bottles: $26.35

15 Bottles: $25.53

Shipping to your location in the U.S. would be added to your bottle cost. I will ship in the most economical way possible from Los Angeles to your location. Please understand that if we proceed with this purchase, I will only purchase the maximum number of bottles in each range. This means that if I get a request for 8 bottles, I will cut the limit off at 7 bottles and, unfortunately, the 8th bottle would be out of luck. This has to be done due to the fact that the 8th bottle costs 30,00 Euros to ship. After 15 bottles, the shipping rates start over as that is the maximum they can pack. Below is a link to the Akkerman page with the ink colors. I am only going to purchase one bottle myself, so let me know who else is interested and how many bottles you would like. I have a PayPal account, and will message those who are interested with their pre-US shipping totals. I will provide the funds up front, and accept payment prior to shipping to you with your total.

My goal is to place the order no later than July 20th, so this will remain open for one week.

Akkerman Ink Info

Edited by BeachBum

“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” ― Calvin Coolidge

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeachBum

• OakIris

• tinta

• FPFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I' trying to access the Akkerman manufacturers web page, if there's one.

No luck. Only reviews.

Where do I go?

Would you ship to Ontario, Canada?

Cheers:

tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Okay, I just fixed the link in my post. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Tinta, I would be more than happy to ship to Canada, but I would ask first that you check the cost of shipping from California to Ontario to ensure that it doesn't make it cost prohibitive. Thanks!

“All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” ― Calvin Coolidge

Just so I'm clear, what's the advantage of doing the group buy versus just ordering it myself. Let's say I only want 1 bottle.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Just so I'm clear, what's the advantage of doing the group buy versus just ordering it myself. Let's say I only want 1 bottle.

One bottle, shipped to the U.S., would cost you 41,50 Euros, or $50.85 at current exchange rates.

Edited by BeachBum

One bottle, shipped to the U.S., would cost you 41,50 Euros, or $50.85 at current exchange rates.

In other words, I'd pay the same amount in the group buy as I would if I just bought it myself?

Actually, I'd pay more in the group buy because I'd have to send you extra money to mail it to me from LA?

Do I have this right?

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

In other words, I'd pay the same amount in the group buy as I would if I just bought it myself?

Actually, I'd pay more in the group buy because I'd have to send you extra money to mail it to me from LA?

Do I have this right?

No. If the group were to buy 15 bottles, it would cost you $25.53 plus shipping to your location from LA for one bottle. That is $25.32 cheaper than it would cost you to buy a single bottle yourself, less about $5.00 for shipping to your location. So, the group buy saves about $20 for a bottle.

Thanks "BeachBum".

I get regular shipments of pens & stuff from Classic FPs Inc. (no affiliation) in California. Shipping would depend on the volume of the package & the weight.

USPS trackable insured service seems around 23.00 USD on the average. Part of doing business to get good stuff.

For me availability trumps price.

tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

Re: the method of payment,...........I'm only low tech here with most payments, other than occasional Visa.

There is cash , of course, but only if I'd pay in person.

That means Bank Draft (money order), in USD, sent to you by Registered mail.

Are we still on course?

I have two possible shades of Akkerman picked out, but would opt for just one. The inks look great, but it's the bottle!

tinta

Edited by tinta

I am interested in this as well, especially if we can get the price down with an order of 7-15 bottles. I can only afford to buy one bottle but would love to have one - the bottle alone is delightful, even if the ink is just re-branded Diamine.....

Do we PM you BeachBum with our request and then wait to see if enough people join to make the purchase worth it?

Holly

I just sent a PM to get in on the group buy. Thanks for organizing it.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

You can either PM me, or leave the information here. I will check this thread at least a couple of times a day for updates. My goal is a 15 bottle purchase as well. Whether you PM me, or leave a post here, please let me know what color(s) you want.

FYI: Just with five takers, we are up to 10 bottles. We are off to a good start! :thumbup:

Edited by BeachBum

I want in on this, especially if we can get it to seven or 15 bottles. Also, given that I too am in Los Angeles, maybe I can pick it up in person and avoid the extra shipping costs?

I want in on this, especially if we can get it to seven or 15 bottles. Also, given that I too am in Los Angeles, maybe I can pick it up in person and avoid the extra shipping costs?

Absolutely. I am sure we can find some place convenient to meet. :thumbup: Just send me a PM with how many and the color(s) you want to purchase.

Edited by BeachBum

I'm in! Put me down for two bottles no. 5 and #30

The RavenLunatic

Semper insanit omnes tempore.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm in! Put me down for two bottles no. 5 and #30

Gotcha covered, Raven!

Oooh, yes - opportunity knocks!

I'm in for a bottle of #10 Akkerman IJzer Galnoten Bl/Zw (the iron gall ink), shipped to Winnipeg, Canada.

Ken

PS - if the order is one short, I'd be willing to consider a second bottle.

Edited by drgoretex