Quick Giveaway ... Today Only, July 12

melissa59

The color of my socks!? *Looks down* Invisible??? :mellow:

Hehe eh I write with my lovely Noodler's black everyday at work cause it's got a nice conservative color (black of course!), as well as being bulletproof which I, personally, feel is absolutely necessary at my job. I love it for its utility more than anything.

Good luck to all!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Chi Town

• Whistlingwriter

• melissa59

I used a brand new 78G with Baystate Cape Cod Cranberry to write a card to a friend. I pasted a couple of water buffalo on the back of the card for amusement purposes. That ink tho, wow, It's SO PINK. My mother gave it to me for my birthday, and she got it off my wishlist at Goulet...why on earth I stuck it on there is beyond me. SO PINK.

Beware of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Current favorite ink: 1:1 Noodlers Habanero and Diamine Red Dragon

Last writing: Today's date in my work notebook.

I don't eat lunch.

White socks.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I mostly use my fountain pens to journal or write short stories so I can use bright, vivid colors like Eel Cactus Fruit and DC Super Violet.

SO cute!! My fave ink is De Atramentis Myrrh, and I am using a fountain pen inked with it right now. Drawing wireframes for a home page redesign test :D...yes, I am using a fountain pen to work on our website :roflmho:

LOVE MY: LAMY Safaris Apple Green, Pink, Aqua, Yellow, LAMY Al-Stars Ruby Red, Purple, Coffee, Raspberry.

WANTED: LAMY Studio Violet, LAMY Safari Orange

I don't know what my favourite ink is yet. Haven't tried many colours yet. For instance, I haven't tried any blue yet. Yes, I know that's the most often used colour, but I haven't. So, so far, I would have to say black.

I've started a journal a month ago. Writing a page every day.

In the winter, I sometime sleep with my socks on. But right now, it is so hot and humid I rarely wear some.

Today, I will be using my red Airmail 58SL. My small collection of pens is mainly composed of cheap Indian pens. The box would be perfect to store them.

http://www.andys-pens.co.uk/walitypix/58slredclosed.jpg

The last pen I used today was a Platinum Century 3776 Bourgogne with Herbin black ink to write a couple of pages on a first draft of what will either be a novel or a long short story, depending on what the characters want. I don't have a favorite ink. My pens have favorite inks, and my job is usually to figure out what they are. Having pens is a lot like having cats that way: they don't exist to please you, you exist to please them.

Very nice of you to offer a giveaway.

Edited by Pengrump

I do wear socks, but not right now.....it's way too hot.

This week I'm home writing letters with my new Sailor 1911. There were initially some flow interruption problems, but my vendor (classic fountain pen) kindly took it back and sorted it out, so now it writes like a dream.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png

"On such a full sea are we now afloat; and we must take the current as it serves". Julius Caesar, Act 4, scene 3.

Not wearing any socks right now either. Do you think that will help or hinder the random number generator from picking this post?

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

I used a TWSBI Diamond 530 (Clear) fitted with a 1.1 italic filled with Noodler's Henry Hudson Blue to write in my journal this morning.

My favorite ink color is blue-black, but I don't have a single "favorite" ink. There are simply too many to choose from. If I had to pick a single brand of ink, it would probably be Diamine.

For lunch, I'm probably going to have a ham and cheese sandwich.

I'm wearing white socks.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My favorite ink is poussiere de lune. Though I last used pens to write a journal entry in rose tendresse. I'm making a leftover bit of lasagna for lunch and my socks have owls on them.

Thanks for the generous offer and have a really splendid day. :)

I'm currently using a modern commemorative Skyline all of this week with Perle Noire ink.

I've not used this pen for quite a while. I'm not a particular fan of the hard fine nib, but on this pen it seems pleasing enough.

Regards

Floyd

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

melissa59 - Thanks for doing this! That's a really cool box, and I would love to be the lucky winner.

You know, there used to be a thread, possibly not pinned, devoted just to this sort of thing. Like a "pay it forward" or "really, you need four hot pink leather bound journals....really?"

I haven't found it yet, but I know I used it to give away ........a hot pink leather bound journal. thumbup.gif

Here's the Pay It Forward thread. It's pinned in Writing Instruments.

Current fav ink is Organics Studios "Manganate V."

Pen of the day is a sparkle-tastic Jinhao x750 but the nib is behaving badly, argh.

Socks: beige. Beige is safe.

SO cute!! My fave ink is De Atramentis Myrrh, and I am using a fountain pen inked with it right now. Drawing wireframes for a home page redesign test :D...yes, I am using a fountain pen to work on our website :roflmho:

Not so weird. My husband is a software developer and tends to do a lot of his design work with pen and paper. Now if I could just pry the BPs out of his deathgrip.... :blink:

And don't suggest swapping them out in his sleep (which my parents did with a stuffed toy when I was around three), because he'd notice. And he's usually pretty oblivious about things, too.... Sigh.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Love the vintage note on the cover. =D

Wow, so many giveaways today...it must be a special date.

Well, I just finished writing a journal entry with my Visconti Rembrandt using Sailor Jentle Epinard...still, that's just an ink sample from the Goulets. I haven't picked a favorite ink yet---I -would- choose Kung Te-cheng if it wasn't so fussy. =p

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

I would be more than happy to pay the difference between CONUS shipping and the 1st class international shipping rate to the UK if that permitted me to enter.

If that isn't possible please can I enter based on the premise that I will have it shipped to a Florida address during August?

Edited by Chrissy

My most recent favorite ink is R&K Leipziger Schwarz.

Had take out Chinese for lunch. I craved something candy like so I got Sesame chicken. You know they make that stuff with ketchup?!!

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

Man, I could use another pen box.

I've been using my Montblanc 14 (loaded with Montblanc Green that they don't make anymore) to take notes in meetings today.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple