Quick Giveaway ... Today Only, July 12

melissa59

I have been the recipient of much kindness and generosity on this site and I REALLY WANT TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK!

Since not a single person entered my last giveaway, so I'm going to make it easy to win the little pen box at the bottom of this post. It is made from a lightweight wooden box, lined with flannel and fitted with a felted pen tray. It will hold 11 pens, and yes, the disposable eyedroppers are included. If you can't use it, maybe you know someone who.

USA and Canada addresses only, please.

All you need to do is post (once) in this thread. You can tell me your favorite ink, tell me how you last used your fountain pen, tell me what you had for lunch today. Heck, you can tell me what color socks you're wearing.

One Entry Per Person. I will use an online randomizer at approximately 9 p.m. Pacific Time tonight (July 12) to pick the winner.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc489/disneymelissa59/Fountain%20Pen/box_top.jpg http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc489/disneymelissa59/Fountain%20Pen/box_inside.jpg

"You have to be willing to be very, very bad in this business if you're ever to be good. Only if you stand ready to make mistakes today can you hope to move ahead tomorrow."

Dwight V. Swain, author of Techniques of the Selling Writer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Chi Town

• Whistlingwriter

• melissa59

I'm currently using my fountain pen to write to one of my postcard exchange partners. I'm using a nemosine singularity with Chesterfield Capri ink.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/photobucket-1387-1342097642094.jpg

I use my fountain pen to take notes during meetings at work and love getting the stares for using one. I try to fill with a different ink each time and try to stay clear of Blues and Blacks.

What a great idea! I last used my pen to address an envelope for a letter going to a penpal. I have no clue what the color was because it was a free cartridge included with a new pen.

"Life is too big for words, so don't try to describe it. Just live it."

- C.S. Lewis

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I use my fountain pens at work. As a secretary, I get to use them a lot! I haven't found the perfect ink yet, but I'm having a great time searching for it. :thumbup:

I have less than 10 pens so far, but I've been growing it! A pen box would be perfect because I don't have anything to keep my pens in, except for the old coffee mug they currently sit in.

Hi Melissa:

Thank you for this opportunity and for your generosity.

The most recent fountain pen I used was my Waterman Expert II filled with Pelikan Blue Ink. I made a daily entry in my journal very early this morning at a table in the front window of Starbuck's sipping my favorite coffee and watching the sun rise.

Enjoy your pens.

Don

Edited by dfollett_98

Thanks for your generosity!

I use my fountain pens for notetaking in school--I find that it's much easier on my writing muscles than the primitive sticks of charcoal that my classmates prefer. I use my fountain pen inks for Western calligraphy, as well, but JUST Western Calligraphy; I haven't had the courage to load them into my brushes!

How nice, glad you really want to give back. It doesn't seem like my thicker pens would fit, but I just want to make sure your kindness doesn't go unnoticed.

12/04/2011

Hi Melissa,

I loved the subtitle of your other thread about hot temperatures, "not hottie hotness". I'm still smiling about that one. :)

DAVID

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Wow, Thank You so much for your kindness! I used my fountain pens this morning at 4:30am on a post card to write to a friend that I had breakfast with yesterday morning, to tell him how much fun that was with him, I used Diamine Aqua Lagoon for the ink..... I use Any ink other than blue or black! Ha, ha, ha........

... I used my fountain pens this morning at 4:30am ...

You gotta get more sleep!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Thanks. I missed the earlier give-away.

I could say I last used my pan to create thoughts for my day, but really I used it to watch the pretty ink, PR Black Cherry, flow out of the nib and onto the paper

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

That's a nice little box. I'm now getting to the point that I really need to think about getting or making something like that (a dozen pens plus several in the mail that come with the larger bottles of Noodler's Ink that i just ordered yesterday).

Okay, so far (and it's only about 20 of 10 EDT) I used the Guanleming 2001 (the dedicated Baystate Blue pen) to do my morning journal, and the Noodler's Flex Piston (with Private Reserve Spearmint) to take a few quick notes (mostly to jot down a phone number to call in a question on a gardening segment on a local morning show -- I now have to wait to see if my question actually gets asked on-air; they just announced that the gardening Q&A section is up next...).

The other pens in current rotation (but not yet used this morning) are the Konrad, with BSiAR in it, and my trusty no-fail Parker Vector, that still has about have a converter fill of R&K Salix.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

You know, there used to be a thread, possibly not pinned, devoted just to this sort of thing. Like a "pay it forward" or "really, you need four hot pink leather bound journals....really?"

I haven't found it yet, but I know I used it to give away ........a hot pink leather bound journal. thumbup.gif

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png When one is too old for love, one finds great comfort in good dinners. Zora Neale Hurston

1342100304[/url]' post='2401214']
1342100115[/url]' post='2401210']

... I used my fountain pens this morning at 4:30am ...

You gotta get more sleep!

I hear that LOUD and CLEAR Broutha!

The pen box is very cute!!

I used my Pelikan M205 Binderized to write (well, I haven't finished that letter yet but hope to do so today) 1 page of a letter on Clairefontaine A4 paper a letter to my mom in Pelikan Royal Blue 4001 ink, wrote a short note to my sister who lives 3 hours away on Clairefontaine also, & used my Lamy Safari & Goulet ink sample of delicious Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel ink (she loves pink!). Wrote a note card to each of my 2 little neices & drew little smiling puppy dog & kitty cat faces in them too.

Ate junk food for breakfast (hey, got 4 kids & it's summer time!)& it's not quite lunch time here yet today & I'm not wearing socks right now.

Fave ink......well, that one's hard to choose......Diamine's Soft Mint is on my top 10, Noodler's Navy, Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue, J. Herbin's Eclat de Saphir, Diamine's Florida Blue, Diamine's Chocolate Brown!

Have a great day!!!!!!

Love the pen box and it would look so beautiful on my desk.

Looking forward to my first Pelikan pen which should arrive in the mail tomorrow.