• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eric47

• Ghost Plane

• freakman

• Bryant

I'm green with envy! Dante is my favorite writer! Gorgeous pen!

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

Children! Don't make me put on my moderator's hat :happyberet:

But Mom....he started it. :roflmho:

Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

Stop touching him! :roflmho:

hahaha thanks for the laugh ghost plane :thumbup: :ltcapd: :roflmho:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 4 months later...

When I clicked at the topic I was expecting something along the lines of the Montegrappa Chaos and was pleasantly surprised. This is a good-looking pen, nothing that knocks me off my feet, but quite nice.

Read more about me, my pens, photography & so on my little blog

One of the few pens with gold trim that I would like to own....

The pen is mightier than the sword, and I wield an extrafine point...... En garde!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

fpn_1356010520__dante.jpg

I lost a chance to get the beautiful green Dante Alighieri last time, but get the rose gold trimmed black Dante Inferno. The metal parts of the Dante Inferno is brass not the same as the Dante Alighieri that is sterling silver .The mark of sterling silver is to be changed to an Italian flag. The Dante is a classical pen with a twist, that is black lacquer with rose gold trim instead of yellow gold,furthermore adding the red ring on the end. You can see some tiny black spots on the red lacquer ring, I think this is because the black lacquer is the base. When I received the Dante, there were already many tiny scratches on the lacquered barrel. The lacquer on the MB WE Swift looks like heavier and the Dupont's Chinese lacquer is more resistant to scratch. But overall the Dante has a solid feel and can be a reliable workhorse. The B nib writes wet with the feedback. The passion of Italian pens is unbeatable.

Edited by mjchuang9

Here are a few "live" pictures...

Enjoy!

Bry

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Aurora/IMG_5426-001copy.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Aurora/IMG_5427-001copy.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Aurora/IMG_5431-001copy.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Aurora/IMG_5436-001copy.jpg

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

Stunning. The only Aurora I have is the Afrika, which I love. But...that takes my breath away, beautiful, thank you for sharing. :thumbup:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj162/mjgordon8081/Briarwood_Capped3.jpg

Nakaya Briarwood Deep Gloss

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years."

• 2 years later...

***Hope it's not a problem reviving this post?**

Very Nice. This is probably top of my list now (after Bry helped me with something else)!

Is it possible to distinguish between the Lacquer and Resin editions of the Dante Inferno?

Er, just puzzled why Rodin's "Thinker" is representing a 14th century poem on the pen box...

The pen, however, looks quite lovely!

"Ravens play with lost time."