Eversharp replica

Thomas

Hi everyone,

I'm really glad I found this forum on Pens, but sorry if my request is not exactly for a fountain pen.

So here it is : about 10 years ago, my wife bought me an Eversharp skyline executive pen for our engagement.

I recently discovered that actually, the Eversharp brand is not produced anymore (for some time now...), and so that the pen I'm really found of is a replica...

Anyway, by accident, it felt on the floor, and the back part (cap on the rear part) is broken. And I'd like to repair it.

Does one of you know who is the producer of those replica's ?

Thanks!

Thomas

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• Thomas

• Wahlnut

• J-F-O

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure replacement parts are available.

If not, you can send the pen to a pen repair person or even buy a used version of your pen.

Hope this helps

J.F.

Hi everyone,

I'm really glad I found this forum on Pens, but sorry if my request is not exactly for a fountain pen.

So here it is : about 10 years ago, my wife bought me an Eversharp skyline executive pen for our engagement.

I recently discovered that actually, the Eversharp brand is not produced anymore (for some time now...), and so that the pen I'm really found of is a replica...

Anyway, by accident, it felt on the floor, and the back part (cap on the rear part) is broken. And I'd like to repair it.

Does one of you know who is the producer of those replica's ?

Thanks!

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have a modern Eversharp Skyline (a replica) in the "Yellow Cab" edition (article on it here: http://www.penhero.com/PenGallery/Evershar...rpYellowCab.htm )

so I dug out the original box that came with mine and found this warranty info printed on a card that says (I copied it word for word):

Guaranteed For Life

If your Eversharp Skyline pen fails to give you satisfactory service at any time, we will repair or replace it for a fee of $49.95. (The nib of your Skyline pen is not guaranteed against damage, but is replaceable)

The classic Eversharp double checkmark is your guarantee of quality. Our quality is guaranteed - not for years - but for life!

Please return your entire pen to:

Eversharp Pen Company

9240 West Belmont

Franklin Park, IL 60131

Attention: Skyline Repair

I know David Nishimura sells vintage Skyline cap(derby)/clip assemblies on his site here http://www.vintagepens.com/catill_nibs_parts.shtml

but I don't know if it would fit on the modern Skyline. I tried twisting the cap (late edit: I meant I tried twisting the top of the cap---to remove the clip assembly; the cap does unscrew from the pen normally :) ) on my modern Skyline and it didn't come off and I didn't want to force it.

Hope this helps!

Edit: there is a toll free phone number for the modern Eversharp pen company ( ((800)-333-0580) listed here: http://www.artbrown.com/penmanufacturers.aspx

Looks like it's a toll-free number in the US

Edited by Maja

Wow ! Thanks a lot! This is great news, I will contact them, one of my brothers lives in Indianapolis, I will ask him to call Eversharp, because toll-free numbers can only be called from within USA. and see how we can arrange this!

Thanks again!

Thomas

Wow ! Thanks a lot! This is great news, I will contact them, one of my brothers lives in Indianapolis, I will ask him to call Eversharp, because toll-free numbers can only be called from within USA. and see how we can arrange this!

Thanks again!

Thomas

You're welcome, Thomas. I wasn't sure where you lived and I know from Canada, I can't access US toll-free numbers (or at least, that was the case a couple of years ago).

Hope the company can help you with your problem :)

Please tell this forum how you make out either way with the data about the repair services. It will be very interesting to know that what was once believed to be a licensing arrangement may actually still be up and running as a functioning company.

General information for all: There is a law firm in Chicago that has diligently watched after the Wahl Everhsarp brand name for years. The US Trademark office still shows them representing the rights-holders to the brand and the graphics. The history of the licensing and assignment of the Wahl or Eversharp name over the years is fascinating in itself. It has been to France, and even been assigned to a Swiss bank as collateral on a loan.

So, when the replicas were being made under the brand name such a licensing agreement was (I can only surmise) in effect. This is why it would be very big news if the guarantee that accompanied the replica Skyline pens proved workable today.

Syd

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens