How Much Discount Should Fpn Members Receive?

isellpens

149 members have voted

1. 1. How much discount should FPN receive?

• 5% Discount
    • 10% Discount
    • 15% Discount
    • Forget the Discount just the best price
    • Don't care at all for a discounts

Hi FPN Members:

This is a survey of what you would like to see for a FPN discount at any online pen retailers?

5%

10%

15%

Forget the discount just the best price

Don’t care at all for a discounts

Best Regards,

Todd & Theresa Nussbaum

www.isellpens.com

P.S. If you would like to receive some other discount please reply to this post. :notworthy1:

Edited by isellpens

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• isellpens

• jar

• aschup

• crazystan

I'm voting for 10-15%... When you sell to an active FPN member you're not just making a sale -- you're forging a relationship with someone who will be in the market for years to come. Additionally, you will most likely receive honest, well-rounded feedback about your business, selection, etc. Finally if you provide good service you will also get good reviews and develop a reputation on the boards which will bring in far more business than most advertising campaigns ever would!

Just my pair of pennies.

I hit the wrong button and so had to go back and change it.

I don't often buy based on discount, rather good service reputation and a fair price. When I buy from a company I'm hoping that they make enough on the sale to stay in business for the long term.

My Website

Your service is already great.

Your prices are already some of the lowest I've seen.

And a discount...?

Just stay in business.

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

I want to know who voted that they don't care for discounts and if they were wearing a monocle when they did.

I've benefited enough from you, a discount isn't necessary especially when you give a bottle of ink with the purchase of a $20 pen, or a free pen with a bottle of ink. You advertise 3mL ink samples for 75cents but provide nearly 4mL. Take myself for example, I did not need nor want a bottle of Rome is Burning, but because it came with a pen I decided to place an order and get some notebooks.

It would be great to save $15 on a $150 dollar order but then shipping wouldn't be free!

Your prices are already some of the best around. However, free or discounted shipping would get me to order more often.

0% and subsidize the onerous shipping costs with the non-discount.

+1 to that

Especially the international shipping of course!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Although emotionally I love the idea of a discount, intellectually I know it has to be subsidized by someone somewhere along the line. I'd rather just see straightforward and reasonable pricing for everyone, both FPN and otherwise. :thumbup:

Discounts would be nice... but... you already deliver great service at fair prices. I want you to make enough money to stay in business; I like having options. Thanks for asking.

"Best total cost" (easy to do business with + have inventory available + price per item + shipping cost + keep your customers informed about upcoming products or specials + after sales support = best total cost) is what I look for. tongue.gif

John

I want to know who voted that they don't care for discounts and if they were wearing a monocle when they did.

I did. And no monocle, but I am wearing trifocals. Discounts have never really had much influence in my buying decisions. They factor in but are way, way, way down the list in importance.

My Website

I would have checked 10%, but after reading through the posts, I decided to check "best price." I would rather see a fair price and if there is a way to reduce shipping, that will often tip the scale for me in favor of one vendor over another.

Since I'm new to FPs I don't have solid loyalties yet to particular vendors, although I lean towards the few that are active on this forum. Why loyalties? If my interaction with a vendor shows they are truly fair and customer focused, I'll overlook the occasional mess up and pay a bit more, within reason.

forget the discounts.. bump everything up whatever you need to and bury the shipping. I hate buying a $20 item and paying $5 for shipping but I would buy the same item at $23 and free shipping without a second thought.

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

In this economy. Do your best to stay in business.

I don't know what it equates to, but I bet a good majority of the fountain pen buying community here at FPN are the biggest customers. It wouldn't make sense to give a 15% discount to a very large majority of your fountain pen buyers.

My suggestion, save the discount for people who email in and say "man, this bottle of ink blew up in shipping" ... replace the ink, give them a one time coupon for 15% off. THAT to me is more worthwhile than giving everyone a discount. Show people that you care by doing what is right for the customer, they'll throw in their thoughts here and you'll be set.

Giving everyone a discount is a bad deal for everyone. It forces people to rely on it. If all we look for are discounts, we're losing.

forget the discounts.. bump everything up whatever you need to and bury the shipping. I hate buying a $20 item and paying $5 for shipping but I would buy the same item at $23 and free shipping without a second thought.

That’s also an idea for other retailers to also consider as well. Nobody really likes to pay shipping but it’s a cost and those that are offering it really do have prices padded to cover it. I have found most people do not want to pay more than $6.00-8.00 for shipping period.

In this economy. Do your best to stay in business.

I don't know what it equates to, but I bet a good majority of the fountain pen buying community here at FPN are the biggest customers. It wouldn't make sense to give a 15% discount to a very large majority of your fountain pen buyers.

My suggestion, save the discount for people who email in and say "man, this bottle of ink blew up in shipping" ... replace the ink, give them a one time coupon for 15% off. THAT to me is more worthwhile than giving everyone a discount. Show people that you care by doing what is right for the customer, they'll throw in their thoughts here and you'll be set.

Giving everyone a discount is a bad deal for everyone. It forces people to rely on it. If all we look for are discounts, we're losing.

Amen to staying in business! I agree good customer service and doing what is right is extremely important.

I know some of you get tired of polls but I think this feedback is very useful to everyone in the industry . :thumbup:

Other retailers should also feel free to comment on this thread too and it’s not just for isellpens.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Todd