The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Platinum Plaisir Fountain Pen

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,047 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2015 - 16:36

LOVE mine. Particularly the 0.2mm versions that I bought as Preppys but due to the useless plastic caps that have all now cracked, I am slowly buying Plasir bodies to replace them.

Totally dependable and the 0.2mm gives almost any EF nib I own a serious run for it's money.

Sponsored Content

#22 cellmatrix

cellmatrix

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2015 - 17:14

I will chime in too with my positive comments on the plaisir. Overall, for twenty dollars, the plaisir is an amazing value! Its been my daily carry for some time now. I know some people have complained about the chrome cap band standing out, but I think that with the new gunmetal color, it actually blends in pretty well.

I put a preppy 0.2 mm nib in my plaisir (thanks to Tas for turning us onto this nib) and I'm impressed with how smooth and fine the pen writes, especially with platinum blue black ink. It rivals the smoothness and fineness of my pilot 912 po nib, for example.

With the combination of the moisture retaining cap and the extra fine nib, I am finding that the pen uses such little ink, it can write a great many pages without having to refill/change the cartridge. The 0.2 mm nib makes it so economical in its ink usage, that the idea of using it as an eyedropper becomes irrelevant, at least for me.

Edited by cellmatrix, 02 August 2015 - 17:25.

#23 ecologito

ecologito

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:01

I got my plaisir today and I love it. I may not have a lot of experience with FP but it writes a lot better than the mroe expensive VFM and the added weight compared to the preppy plus the silver accents make it a great pen for the money. 

I am surprised not more members have posted reviews on this pen. I got mine from Japan when I bought through Amazon. 

Thank you for the great review. 

#24 luhkey

luhkey

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 22:56

i like them. they make nice markers too.

i haven't had the best of luck with the nibs, but Preppys are cheap enough to buy a number in order to find a few with nicer nibs.

imo, the clip could be improved.

#25 uemuraw

uemuraw

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2015 - 15:16

I always, always, always have three inked up that I carry in my briefcase – in the three loops designed for pens:

• A blue Plaisir loaded with Noodler's Baystate Blue, 

• A green Plaisir loaded with Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng, and 

• A red Plaisir loaded with Noodler's Dragon Catfish ORG (orange highlighter ink)

These are often considered "fussy" or "controversial" inks. They certainly dry easily in other pens. But in the Plaisirs, they're always ready to go.

I have neither had a dry highlighter, nor bought a highlighter, in several years – beginning with a Preppy I got in either 2009 or 2010 – with the ink I think, and ending with the red Plaisir, where I just took the section and cartridge from the Preppy, and stuck it in the Plaisir's "shell."

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

#26 uemuraw

uemuraw

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2015 - 21:46

When you get a pen and ink combination that just works, it's sometimes hard to put the pen down.

I generally prefer stub nibs and low maintenance. I have a hard time settling on just one color for a pen, since I enjoy getting surprised now and again by what these different inks do in different pens on different papers.

But, Noodler's Baystate Blue in my blue Platinum Plaisir just keeps me writing. Really hard to put the pen down sometimes. I have a high-maintenance ink in a pen with a round-point nib, and yet, despite my propensities, I just really enjoy the writing experience; and I keep going and going. Strange.

Qui tam pro domino rege quam pro se ipso in hac parte sequitur.

Sponsored Content

|