Classic Pens Lb5 Series, Based On The Sailor King Profit: Prototypes To Be Revealed In July!<B>Classic Pens Lb5 Series, Based On The Sailor King Prof

PenHero

Classic Pens LB5 Series, Based on the Sailor King Profit: Prototypes to be revealed in July!

One of the themes was dragon (gold and blue color scheme) and phoenix (red color scheme). That is why two of the rendition designs shown last week follow these color schemes. Andreas Lambrou also had other themes under consideration, with the final view depending upon which color schemes proved the most appropriate.

Here are the renditions again:

http://penhero.com/News/Pics/SailorColors.jpg

With customized pens, Classic Pens traditionally created either one pen or a duet. For example, working in collaboration with Sailor in 2003, Classic pens created two customized models, the LB1 Nagahara fountain pen, using a special resin cap and barrel, and a duet of the sterling silver CP7 Ocean Pens, the Pacific and Atlantic.

In view of the company’s 25th Anniversary, Andreas Lambrou chose a Nature theme for LB5, and wanted the pen names and meanings to be associated with Japanese culture, since the King Profit is a Japanese pen and the LB5 will be married with a special edition of Fountain Pens of Japan. He suggested to Sailor a collection of five LB5 King Profit fountain pens, and with careful selection of diffusion bonded acrylic colors, he can achieve this. Sailor appreciates the Classic Pens philosophy, authorized this idea, and are in fact quite impressed with the work through which the LB5 King Profit has been customized.

The Italian acrylic selected for customization comprises many color finishes. They are rich in pearl and every color has some variation within. He felt these were the ideal acrylics for diffusion bonding. Six colors were selected. Carville shipped the rods to Sailor who produced two sets of six LB5 King Profit prototypes. Of these, five were selected to make the LB5 King Profit series. The edition was increased to 250 fountain pens, which make 50 quintets of the Nature pens.

The set of prototypes for Europe is being shipped to Classic Pens on June 27. They will be photographed to create the Classic Pens special jacket for Fountain Pens of Japan. The other set will be sent to me in the USA for photography for promotion, review, and the web.

I will announce the retail price of the LB5 King Profit and FPOJ duet, after July 4, and once I have received the prototype set, with the LB5 cap band engravings I will have created for the series.

Andreas Lambrou told me, "I am delighted and honored with the working relationship with Sailor, and very pleased that for the first time, with its LB5 King Profit series, Classic Pens has customized a full collection of fountain pens, based on one of the greatest and most efficient pen models of our time."

“Carlos Kaplan and I will attend both the Miami pen show on July 20-22 and the Washington DC pen show August 9-12. We will have copies of FPOJ and will exhibit the five LB5 King Profit prototypes which will make the series.”

Below are the final rod colors along with the pen names:

http://www.penhero.com/Temp/LB5KingProfitColorsNEW.jpg

Kouseki (metal ore)

Metal ore makes the industry flourish. This creates work for people, it enhances human life. This is the gold color prototype.

Tairiku (continent)

Continents are active frontiers. In Japanese, Go-tairiku encompasses the American, African, Eurasian, Australian and Antarctic continents, these benefit humanity. This is the bronze brown color prototype.

Kaen (violent flames)

Violent flames denote human passion. Japanese people hold fire festivals to celebrate nature, which through thunder can cause forest fires with blazing flames. This is the red color prototype.

Tensui (raindrops)

Raindrops make the sea. Ancient Japanese tale describes the sea as the mother of all creatures. Fish come out from the deep sea, through evolution, they transform into new creatures with legs, and live on land and on forest trees. This is the blue color prototype.

Midorigi (new green tree)

New green trees are the next generation. They maintain the forest ecology and balance. In Japanese holy stories, midorigo means a newborn baby. This is the green color prototype.

Classic Pens has commissioned a special edition of Fountain Pens of Japan, exclusively for its Lambrou Brown LB5 25th Anniversary Shizen (Nature) Pen series, based on the Sailor King Profit pen model. The LB5 series comprises five distinct Nature pens, each limited to 50 customized King Profit fountain pens worldwide. The Classic Pens Special Edition of the book is limited to 250 copies worldwide, hand numbered by Andreas Lambrou.

I am really excited to be so close to seeing the actual prototypes and will keep you all posted!

Thanks!

Jim Mamoulides

www.PenHero.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• bizhe

• PenandDesign

• Mulrich

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Those colours look fantastic!!! I can't wait to see the finished prototypes! The colours look stunning, and working with Sailor is indeed a once-in-a -lifetime opportunity. Best of luck to everyone involved with this project! Please post some pics when the pens are ready!

Visit Pen&Design!

@penanddesign

• 5 years later...

Were these colors ever produced, even as prototypes, or were these just computer renders? I actually like some of these a lot.