The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Nemosine Singularity - Granite

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:54

Posted Image
Nemosine Singularity Review by IvanRomero, on Flickr

Posted Image
Nemosine Singularity Review2 by IvanRomero, on Flickr

The slide show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/sets/72157630153001642/with/7383218472/

Edited by KrazyIvan, 24 June 2012 - 04:55.

Sponsored Content

#2 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:33

I forgot to add that someone pointed out where the warranty info is listed. I will link to it later.

#3 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 19:57

Nice review Ivan, Thanks. Do you think there's enough tipping to get a stub ground?

#4 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 21:51

It would be a very fine stub. Possible but very little margin for error. I might try it! :D

#5 Tumbleweedtoo

Tumbleweedtoo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:47

Very good review and a very nice pen! I have carried mine ever since I received it. The pen meets the needs of being a good writer, of being a pen that you can give away (even at a moment's thought, if inspired to do so), of being a pen you can loan to someone (with no great loss, if they "break" it). Having some nicer pens I use only at home, I am investigating pens that are good writers that I can lose or give away and not fret over, because they can be easily and inexpensively replaced. This pen meets my needs!

I began my pen buying and giving away with Chinese pens I got on ebay; however, some were not as reliable as I would have liked for giving away. I think the Nemosine pen can be given away without too much concern that a person could not use it right away without too much fuss. I also agree with you that the instruction manual was nice to include in the box. :thumbup:

All the best,
T

#6 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 17:38

Thank you for this review and photos. Have you noticed any cap lip cracks? Someone reported cap lip cracks on first purchase, and on the replacement cap.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

#7 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• 2,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2012 - 18:08

Very good review and a very nice pen! I have carried mine ever since I received it. The pen meets the needs of being a good writer, of being a pen that you can give away (even at a moment's thought, if inspired to do so), of being a pen you can loan to someone (with no great loss, if they "break" it). Having some nicer pens I use only at home, I am investigating pens that are good writers that I can lose or give away and not fret over, because they can be easily and inexpensively replaced. This pen meets my needs!

I began my pen buying and giving away with Chinese pens I got on ebay; however, some were not as reliable as I would have liked for giving away. I think the Nemosine pen can be given away without too much concern that a person could not use it right away without too much fuss. I also agree with you that the instruction manual was nice to include in the box. :thumbup:

All the best,
T

Thank you, yes it is a good giveaway pen. Having just lent a Pelikan M215 to someone, I wished I had this pen on hand to lend instead. I just flushed the pen and am now deciding what else I want to put in it. I have a few red ink samples I want to try. :)

Thank you for this review and photos. Have you noticed any cap lip cracks? Someone reported cap lip cracks on first purchase, and on the replacement cap.

There are no cracks on my cap. I did forget to mention that I guess. I read the same thread. In that thread someone said that they noticed the ink dry quickly in the pen. I am not sure if it is the summer heat but I noticed this too. I did accidentally leave my bag with my pen case in our work vehicle and it was in full sun and 100F+ temps for about 3 hours so that might explain the evaporation. When I pulled my pen case out of my bag it was warm but not excessively warm.

#8 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2016 - 19:09

Is the grip section metal or plastic?  C.S,

#9 Bookman

Bookman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 2,179 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 19:13

Plastic

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

#10 DriftingSands

DriftingSands

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 19:13

Is the grip section metal or plastic?  C.S,

Plastic. A wonderful shape and size. Similar in shape to Visconti Homo Sapiens but a bit narrower.

Sponsored Content

|