T. Y. Lee’S Pen Shop In Taipei

mchenart

wooow amazing store :D

I travel to the east coast of China fairly often, maybe I'll have an excuse to go to Taiwan now :D

My two best writers.

http://s2.postimg.org/v3a1772ft/M1000_Black_L_R.jpg..........http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1217/85960889.png

.........I call this one Günter. ......... I call this one Michael Clarke Duncan.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mchenart

• Alicae

• ink mixer

• da vinci

Does Mr.Lee has any messenger like Skype or Line....Viber or something..?

I would have called him if I were living in Taiwan, but i'm not...

So I'm getting in touch with him by email but it's taking bit long time.. I want talk faster...:Q

I got touch with him via phone call.

I used 0044 free international phone call application (Android)..

It was bit hard to speak with him due to my short English..(I can even remember when was the last time I spoke out English..it's been ages!)

Anyway, just now I sent him my card info and I'm waiting for him to charge. And it seems that he needs signature, too.

He offered my good price, and I'm satisfied with his answering speed... I'll write more when I gets my items :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Today, I had the privilege to visit Mr. T.Y. Lee's pen shop in the Da'an District in Taipei.

This is perhaps one of the nicest pen shop I have ever visited! I saw so many of the stunning pens I have wanted to see but never dreamed possible. This is a fully stocked fountain pen store with a few other pen types. But the ink and paper selection is incredible! And their prices were quite reasonable. I was suitably impressed.

While I could have spent thousands, I left with one TWSBI Diamond 580 and two TWSBI Minis. I also picked up a couple of bottle of ink and some Tomoe River paper. I chose the TWSBIs because I wanted to remember this trip to Taiwan with a beautiful pen crafted here.

My daughter and two of my students also went with me. My daughter also left with two pens, a couple bottles of ink and a new journal. My students were assisted by Mr. Lee himself, helping them to learn how to hold a fountain pen and write with it, as well fill and clean it. Each of my students selected left with a new entry level fountain pen and a bottle of ink.

I can not say enough good things about the wonderful shop. For any of you who live in Taipei, count yourself as very fortunate!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Today, I had the privilege to visit Mr. T.Y. Lee's pen shop in the Da'an District in Taipei.

This is perhaps one of the nicest pen shop I have ever visited!....

I can not say enough good things about the wonderful shop. For any of you who live in Taipei, count yourself as very fortunate!

Yes, I know we are lucky!

I am quite happy that this thread has attracted so much attention in the past few years. Like everything else in life, things change, and T.Y Lee's shop is no exception. Their stock has grown bigger, the meeting room downstairs has become a specialty shop for inks, dip pens and paper items, and the traffic has increased three folds. Just by looking at the crowd in his store, one can be forgiven for thinking that the fountain pen use has experienced some kind of boom.

• 5 months later...

Being a 16 year old pen addict, this was my first visit to an actual fountain pen store. Being a foreigner in Taiwan there is a language barrier, but the staff did very well in making my visit as comfortable and as pleasant as possible as they do not rush nor hover over their customers when they're making their selections.They offer a huge variety of pens from the disposable Platinum Preppy's all the way to brands like Visconti and Pilot. All I could afford were the Twsbi 580 and Vac700 but there were pens that were not sold anywhere else other than online stores such as the Pilot Maki's and the special edition Red and Blue Twsbi 580. They have pre inked pens that they allow their customers to try which was my favorite part of this store as how often do you get to hold and write with a Visconti or Mountblanc ? Overall it was one of the most enjoyable experiences buying fountain pens I've had thanks to the friendly staff and the sheer variety of brands and model that is present in such a small store. It's like a candy store for fountain pen enthusiasts

• 6 years later...

The last time that I was there was before Cove lockdown, but I'm sure you will find many things that will please you. They are some pen brands made in Taiwan that aren't  usually available in other countries.Enjoy.

I ordered a hard to find Opus 88 Picnic pen from their website. I was very pleased with the service. I hope you enjoy your visit when it happens. 

Posted Image