Calling All Londoners

steviebee

My apologies, I will be celebrating my 21st (+ vat) that day. Will however drop in after the London show.

Well a Happy Bath Day to you, Paul! Hope your section overflows with bubbly...look forward to seeing you at the Show.

Back from Chi-town (man, Wrigley Field is just wonderful. What a ballpark. Go Cubs! They are now my official Second Team after my beloved Tigers).

And so on to this Sunday...

I'll be there, with only a couple of new pens to show ( my gorgeous White Tortoise and violet MB Generation among em ) so I'm relying on you guys to wow me with your new ink candies...

Sadly, I don't have an entry for the CPM - tried to find something appropriate in Chicago, but came up empty. Didn't even purloin the hotel ballpoint, for shame...

Roll Call! See you Sunday.

"No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn...."

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steviebee

• orangepenguin

• Cyclopentadiene

• northlodge

Sorry for the late reply y'all! Haven't had a minute spare since I started my job on Monday so my posts have been few and far between. Managed to get a word in edge ways as I'm finally finished for this week and have been celebrating my first week on the job 'n a colleagues birthday with vigour dahn the work local so I might be minorly brahms.

Anyway stievebee I'll have a proper convo about the wonderfully world of spirits (and pens of course) when I'm more coherent hehe. Regardless I'll be there on the Sunday and eagerly await it!

I must also ask - that the mrs (or rather soon to be mrs) wants to come along too! The cole hole has an illustrious (if that's the correct word) history in my family and I'd like to continue it by ordering a nice dreg of a decent spirit (I've always had the notion that mixers were a girls, excluding the Cuba libre and the classic g&t Steviebee so you won't have that problem with me).

Anyway, catch you all soon,

Badger (knewly had a haircut n a shave so no longer looks like a badger)

It'll be a pleasure to meet you, Badger.

And Mrs Badger-soon-to-be is especially welcome...dammit, bring the whole sett!

An 'illustrious history' eh? Le Bee is intrigued. Tell me more on Sunday...

All Aboard!

Any more for this extraordinary zoo?

We've got mammals, birds n insects covered. Any fish?

Must be a London member called 'Alibut or 'Addock or similar?

Any amphibians? I'd love a Toad or two....

Unfortunately, I can't come out to play tomorrow. I now have a diagnosis for the mystery pain I have plagued with on and off over the summer, and have now been started on lots of tablets for it. The plus side is that the painkillers are good (if it weren't for the ceiling I would have been reported as a UFO). The bad part is the very long list of foods/drinks that I'm not allowed to have at the moment, which includes not just alcohol but caffeine and yoghurt.

Never mind, hope to make it to the London show.

I wish you better, VFL....& hope to meet you at the show. I'll buy you an Evian for sure.

Sounds gastric - be well.

So, it wasn't you whizzing around our skies last night?

Ceilings eh? You gotta love em.

;)

Thank you SB.

The restrictions are due tothe big gun antibiotics, but it's good to be pain free. Still, it's an excuse to be allowed to buy that pen I've been drooling over for months.

Still floating though :cloud9:

Your Holiness, Milords and Milady,

Sadly I will not be able to attend the forthcoming pen related festivities as I have to drive my eldest to his ritual humiliation on the football field (he plays for a team so bad that they leave skid marks as they drop to to the bottom of the table).

Also the first Semester starts on Monday and I suppose I ought to put a lecture or two together before I have to stand up in front of the unwashed masses to deliver my pearls of wisdom (whilst they play with their iPhones).

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch" Orson Welles

VFL: c'mon, wottisit?! You can't leave a sentence about finally getting a drool pen hanging like that.....enquiring minds need to know, my dear thing. Spill.....

Zanshin - enjoy Pompey. The Victory must be on your list: She's a grand old tub....and watch out for the submarines, a fine sight if one goes by.

Carl - good luck with the iPhone Voidoids. I'm sure some o' yore purls will sink in.

As fer the rest of ye, I'll see ye scurvy souls in the Hole, aharrr...aharrrrrrrr......har.......ah......ha.........er.............

....tomorrow, then.

For all those who are wondering where I am, I'm sat on the train so will be with you all shortly!

Badger

VFL: c'mon, wottisit?! You can't leave a sentence about finally getting a drool pen hanging like that.....enquiring minds need to know, my dear . Spill.

Oh I did, about a week ago in the thread about the London show.

But as I can't work out how to post a link to that, I'm drooling over an Onoto with a nib ground by John Sorowka.

Oh, and John has confirmed that he will be working at the show.

I'm here… but where are you… *looks about curiously*

Oh Badger.....somehow we missed you. We even put up a sign! Directing all badgers to where we wiz. We were in the downstairs bar....I came up to the main bar & asked a couple of people if they be badgers, but they weren't.....

My heartfelt apologies, old thing. Our ships did not cross.

Hope you're afternoon was not completely ruined. Dammit.

1348420572[/url]' post='2468613']
1348409163[/url]' post='2468482']

I'm here… but where are you… *looks about curiously*

Oh Badger.....somehow we missed you. We even put up a sign! Directing all badgers to where we wiz. We were in the downstairs bar....I came up to the main bar & asked a couple of people if they be badgers, but they weren't.....

My heartfelt apologies, old thing. Our ships did not cross.

Hope you're afternoon was not completely ruined. Dammit.

Me too (natch), but I fear Badger has crossed us off his xmas list....

• 3 weeks later...

Overloaded with joy from the London Show ( and I confess, a few libations in honour of the Ink Goddess, long may she flow...), and therefore a little absent here lately, thought I'd better bump the thread just to say next Toad Hole date sometime end October or very beginning November (possible fireworks party on Embankment? Just an idea...)

So, lemme sort out my weekend shifts & I'll get back, y'all.

Keep those sections moist y'hear, and them nibs wet with some Texas tea.

( Yep, slight Beverley Hillbillies revival goin' on at Bee Mansions.....)

Overloaded with joy from the London Show ( and I confess, a few libations in honour of the Ink Goddess, long may she flow...), and therefore a little absent here lately, thought I'd better bump the thread just to say next Toad Hole date sometime end October or very beginning November (possible fireworks party on Embankment? Just an idea...)

So, lemme sort out my weekend shifts & I'll get back, y'all.

Keep those sections moist y'hear, and them nibs wet with some Texas tea.

( Yep, slight Beverley Hillbillies revival goin' on at Bee Mansions.....)

Sadly will be unable to attend any further pen meets.

Edited by orangepenguin

• 2 months later...

Hello and Happy New Year to all at FPN.

Would anyone be able to tell me when and where the London Meeting for February will be.

Many Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that my diary, a swish leather bound object of desire (with fountain pen friendly paper) informs me that over the next few weekends, there might just be time to squeeze in a Hole trip. So, ladies, gentlemen and Stevie, who is available?