Noodler's Music Nib Neponset

sirach

You know..... I have wondered how Nathan got Kung Te-Cheng ink so close to the old ink stones... the answer....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/20/Terracotta_Army-China2.jpg/800px-Terracotta_Army-China2.jpg

Forget the moat with giant catfish.... how do we get past the Terracotta army... brought to life with BSB....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirach

• amberleadavis

• watch_art

• Ghost Plane

I think instead of storming the castle we need to get in by subterfuge, lest we break anything.

Here is my plan. We package some on the volunteer ninjas in boxes; sorry Goulets but we cant use your help to package the boxes because even ninjas couldnt break out of those wrappings.

Next we hijack a UPS truck.

We "deliver" the ninja packages to castle Tardiff.

Once inside our ninja packages open themselves in the workshop, deactivate the terracotta army and laser catfish, and throw the lever to lower the drawbridge.

Sounds pretty simple doesnt it? Who is on board?

Edited by Vulcan1066

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

You know..... I have wondered how Nathan got Kung Te-Cheng ink so close to the old ink stones... the answer....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/20/Terracotta_Army-China2.jpg/800px-Terracotta_Army-China2.jpg

Forget the moat with giant catfish.... how do we get past the Terracotta army... brought to life with BSB....

roflmho.gif

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I think instead of storming the castle we need to get in by subterfuge, lest we break anything.

Here is my plan. We package some on the volunteer ninjas in boxes; sorry Goulets but we cant use your help to package the boxes because even ninjas couldnt break out of those wrappings.

Next we hijack a UPS truck.

We "deliver" the ninja packages to castle Tardiff.

Once inside our ninja packages open themselves in the workshop, deactivate the terracotta army and laser catfish, and throw the lever to lower the drawbridge.

Sounds pretty simple doesnt it? Who is on board?

I'm with ya!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

First of all, the whole scheme is crazy, juvenile, and hare-brained. Count me in.

Deux: one absolute guarantee with this crowd, is that we will break something--or, more likely, everything. So, do we need to create a diversion too? Something loud and annoying, like the static on a T-Mobile cellphone call. Or boomboxes playing the malodorous tunes of Neil Diamond. And then some trained war parrots to bring us packets of Pepto-Bismol after Neil's songs are deployed.

Thirdly, is there any chance that Nathan himself is reading this? And that after the ninjas have thrown the lever and lowered the drawbridge, he will be ready with a quick and clever plan of his own to kill each and every one of us as we storm bravely across ? Nah, I don't think so either.

I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!

First of all, the whole scheme is crazy, juvenile, and hare-brained. Count me in.

Deux: one absolute guarantee with this crowd, is that we will break something--or, more likely, everything. So, do we need to create a diversion too? Something loud and annoying, like the static on a T-Mobile cellphone call. Or boomboxes playing the malodorous tunes of Neil Diamond. And then some trained war parrots to bring us packets of Pepto-Bismol after Neil's songs are deployed.

Thirdly, is there any chance that Nathan himself is reading this? And that after the ninjas have thrown the lever and lowered the drawbridge, he will be ready with a quick and clever plan of his own to kill each and every one of us as we storm bravely across ? Nah, I don't think so either.

I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!

I hope he's reading.....

oopps... I posted in the wrong place.... Amberleadavis... I blame you, you posted about my Neponset in the "Show us samples of you inked pens" forum, and I had them both open.... I ment this to be here...

It's flexxy...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uWg8sTB9ul0/UGebMYr5WWI/AAAAAAAABzA/Mo7V7D2xJ4o/s640/IMG_9480+(1024x733).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

the color is nice, reminds me of a vintage pen but cant recall which model.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

I got an email from Noodlers last night which said something about an Ebonite Conrad coming soon. Since I've been waiting for this music pen since it was first breathed about, I was wondering if anyone knew nything new about release date yet?

Much Love--Virginia

the color is nice, reminds me of a vintage pen but cant recall which model.

It is a vintage stock

it is called "Jungle Green"

Sheaffer used it ....

Sheaffer Balance LE

and here http://www.sheaffert...%20edition.html

and, apparently, a french company used it to: http://www.fountainp...ost__p__1251322

and Bexely: http://www.fountainp...post__p__556899

and a whole bunch of others http://www.fountainp...post__p__321634

Edited by sirach

On an interesting note... it is a year ago today that I got my bottle of Baystate blue that got me the Music Neponset. It took Nathan almost 7 months to get the pen out. From the sound of things here... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/216445-2011-noodlers-ink-artist-prize/page__view__findpost__p__2324040 and here:

Thank-You Nathan

The Neponset with a music nib is absolutely beautiful.

and Thanks, Goulets, for selling Baystate Blue.

(PS, the fellow with the attached pen waited a long time...the clips were not right yet...the nibs still are not as flexible as they could be - but this is the kind of pen one gets from Taxachusetts for a particular type of label on a particular bottle of ink)

Glad you like it - even happier that you photographed it with Noodler's Ink (another recipient sold his to a Japanese collector - but I guess he needed the $ more than the pen ;-(

Working on making that nib standard for the Neponset, but at the moment - only have enough to match those labels that say "Taxachusetts"...as it is, that celluloid is limited and vintage stock (I could carry them in both hands there are so few)...once gone the "Taxachusetts" labels will cease as well. The nibs in the few that were issued in the art contest were cut here in Mass, because they are not cut that deep elsewhere (too deep and too radical?).

I am assuming it is difficult to make the nibs... it might be a while

• 2 months later...

Any news as of late about the neponset? I read this article long ago and just saw it again and can't sit still now. I've got music nibs on my mind! But in the meantime I'm going to get one of those 5-nibbed brause staff dip pen nibs.

"Vae me, puto concacavi me!" -Seneca

ἄριστον μέν ὕδωρ μέλαν

oopps... I posted in the wrong place.... Amberleadavis... I blame you, you posted about my Neponset in the "Show us samples of you inked pens" forum, and I had them both open.... I ment this to be here...

It's flexxy...

OOH .. I'm sorry ... but ya' gotta' know, that as a Nevadan, I'm a card carrying trouble maker.

Wowser! That is one good looking pen, the material is very vintage Sheafferesque, the size is great, and the nib is amazing!!! Nathan is on to something big with this model...

Thanks for sharing! You have a really great pen!

• 4 weeks later...

The response from Ft.Tardiff was that this pen is still moving forward but no date has been planned for release as yet.

The implication was that we will get our chance at these...just not real sure when. Keep the ninjas on speed dial!

I have a freezer full of chunky chum for the moat and a flying gaff to stand in for a grappling hook. One way or the other guys.... one way or the other. :ninja:

I propose that we build a trebuchet. We can use a pair of donkeys to wind it up and hurl ourselves over the walls. I need a test pilot to help get the counter weights right.

Are they for sale yet? When can I buy one?! I'm a Noodler's fan & I can't wait to buy one of these.

I'm shooting an email to Todd at ISellPens to make sure I'm on the list which I believe I entered last year.

Edited by Maurizio

The prizes of life are never to be had without trouble - Horace
Kind words do not cost much, yet they accomplish much - Pascal

You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Favorite shop:https://www.fountainpenhospital.com

I'm saving my cash for the bail money.....