Lamy 2000M Pre-Order Anyone?

Bruce-YVR

Hi guys.. Lamy 2000M is coming out in July... I MUST have this ... I would like to pre-order one?? anyone has info on that?? PM me is possible.

Thanks

Bruce

Edited by Bruce-YVR

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bphollin

• hari317

• 82Greg

• tempo

Looks interesting, Bruce, although pricey. I love the form of the 2000, so I wouldn't mind one in brushed steel (great material and finish) but fear that it wouldn't be a 2000 without Makrolon (the power of association). Knowing myself, I'll probably buy a second-hand one in ten to twenty years from today.

I haven't seen this one advertised by anyone yet. I don't believe its going to be limited edition -- or am I wrong?

i'm planning to get one -- or at least order one -- during the DC Pen Show. The key question is what color ink goes best with stainless steel?

The key question is what color ink goes best with stainless steel?

My opinion: reds or blues. Black or grey of course is good too. (I often keep a stainless pen inked with Diamine Graphite.)

it wouldn't be a 2000 without Makrolon (the power of association).

+1. I am looking forward to the steel TWSBI, but not the steel 2000. In fact I just bought a second Makrolon 2000 to keep the first one company.

I love my 2000, and these look very cool, but the price difference really puts me off. They're taking away features—the ink window, small as it might be on the standard 2000—and increasing the price? It's not like stainless steel is a precious metal. I realize Lamy has costs and designing and putting out a new model isn't free, and I could understand a slight increase, like maybe a $250 MSRP, but $375? I wonder what their justification is.

I have two 2000s already and don't particularly care for the all brushed stainless version. Then again, I've only seen it in picutres, once I have the chance to hold one, my opinion may change.

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

I'm looking forward to it too, though I think I'll try yours out before I buy one, Bruce. ;)

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Both Goulet and FPH estimate a July arrival, though I didn't think to ask about pre-ordering.

gary

http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Lamy-2000M-Matte-Stainless-Steel-Fountain-Pen.png

I for one dont really like the new design so much. ill stick with the classic macrolon. I like the contrast and texture better

http://i.imgur.com/EZMTw.gif "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -Aldous Huxley

Parker 45 F, Lamy Safari EF, Lamy 2000 F, TWSBI Diamond 530 F, Reform 1745 F, Hero 616 F, Pilot Varsity F, Pilot 78g F,

[...] but $375? I wonder what their justification is.

I'm sure it's like any other price: the justification will be if enough people buy it at that price to make it profitable.

Also, certainly it's easier for a manufacturer to drop a price over time if the demand is smaller than projected than it is to raise the price for larger demand.

I'll wait for the reviews, but I'm definitely intrigued. I actually know someone who liked my L2000, but demurred on getting his own because he liked heavier pens. Perhaps he spoke loudly enough the Germans heard him?

Steve

that price is too much for a stainless steel pen. At the given price, i can go for a full-fledged sterling silver pen with gold nibs

MSRP of $375 implies $300 retail (with standard 20% discount). We've also got the Pelikan M800 Tortoise coming out later in the year (apparently after the price increases), that will be another ~$700. Not sure I'll be able to afford any other pens this year.

I'm going to pass. Lack of ink window and stainless steel isn't an expensive material to justify this price. This has to be a (semi-)limited production, right? No way they're going to sell enough of these at this price for it to be a perennial addition to the 2000 line.

I made the mistake of buying the platinum Studio, and it won't be until the next commodities bubble before I can entertain selling it for anything close to what I paid for it (almost $300). But I collect Studios. Won't make that mistake again.

are they going to continue making the existing lamy 2000

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THoFdqPGYOI/AAAAAAAAA1w/gmV637q-HZA/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN.jpg