Edc Pens

tonydent84

I am currently neither employed nor in school. But I always carried an eight-pen wrap with at least three pens with black ink (Heart of Darkness or Borealis Black) to work: a Hero 616, a cheap German school pen ground to an oblique stub and PIFed to me, and a 3.8mm Pilot Parallel. Beyond that, I was willing to carry most of my other pens, including my Pelikan M200, Pelikan M400, Platinum Plaisir, 1mm Sheaffer Viewpoint calligraphy pen, Pilot 78G, Rotring Surf, and Baoer 388. I wasn't willing to carry my PFM (a gift, hard to replace, apparently limited ink capacity) or my Dad's "51" (tho that may change as I go back to school, and can have a Fisher Space Pen to lend).

One of my coworkers had Hero 616s and a Noodler's Ahab with the original halflex nib as his EDC pens.

Edited by Arkanabar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogpoet

• tonybelding

• johnsi02

• ac12

These days it is my TWSBI Mini with an XF pendelton brown stub, and a Pilot Falcon with soft extra-fine nib. If I want to alternate, I may throw in my TWSBI Eco or my Sheaffer Sovereign vacuum filler.

But most of my non-work writing these days is with dip pens, and while I carry my kit around with me (nibs, holders, inks, papers) I don't pull them out at meetings.

TWSBI has become my go-to maker most days. I'm looking to get a Vac Mini, and if I can swap my P. Brown nib from my other mini onto that one, it may become my EDC.

“When the historians of education do equal and exact justice to all who have contributed toward educational progress, they will devote several pages to those revolutionists who invented steel pens and blackboards.” V.T. Thayer, 1928

Check out my Steel Pen Blog

"No one is exempt from talking nonsense; the mistake is to do it solemnly."

-Montaigne

There are too many great pens to limit carry to an EDC or a rotation- rather, I have an array of pens I love and that write well.

Even at the risk of loss and damage, these include some of my most prized pens. Life is too short, as they say, to write with boring pens. (I do most of my writing on the go.)

This week, "every day," I've been carrying a Parker Vacumatic Senior Max with a retipped and reground CI nib and a Omas Galileo with Binder Italifine.

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Just a Parker 51. Still the best.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Adding into my EDC pen pool:

- Parker 45

- Parker 21

- Sheaffer School pen. Only problem with this pen is I have to syringe fill the cartridge.

All are available for less than $20 each, if you search.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I think that could be a bit optimistic for the Sheaffer, though I'm sure there's more of those floating about in the States than there are here.

;)

Seriously, you can find the older cartridge pens there for less than the No Nonsenses are going for now?

The ones I find myself using away from home the most often would be my Pilot 78G, Pilot Metropolitan, Sheaffer Dolphin 500, Stipula Passaporto, a Parker "51" and my Parker Vector. I usually only bring one or two with me, however.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

I always have a RB in my purse. Currently it is a Shearer Ferrari 300, red. I also keep one FP inked with the same ink for the whole year; for 2016 that will be my Pelikan Piccadilly Circus with Edelstein Amethyst. The rest of the time I probably also carry 2-3 other FP with me, rotating them in an out as they run out of ink (right now, the pen wrap includes last year's constant carry, the Pilot 74 with Iroshuzuku Fuyu-Syogun, a kit pen, a Visconti Eco-roller, Taccia Portuguesa, and a Parker 51).

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

During the past few months my EDC has been a red M205 with a F nib, loaded with MB Permanent Blue ink. :thumbup:

Parker 45 fountain pen and Cross Solo ballpoint (black body, black clip) are most often on my person. Next frequently carried would be my Pelikan M200. I once went 10 years with the same Cross Solo black BP in my office shirt pocket. The pen still works fine.

I usually have a mini pen in my pocket, either a TWSBI Mini Classic or a Kaweco Ice Sport (both with 1.1 nibs). If I am carrying my briefcase then I will usually have a flashier pen in there like my rose gold Monteverde Invincia (with black a 1.1 nib). The ink is usually something that works well on cheap papers (Chesterfield Archival Vault or Chesterfield Antique Yankee), because you never know what sort of paper you will need to write on when out in the real world.

• 3 months later...

I am a student, and I use the TWSBI eco for everything. Along with it being a durable pen, it writes pretty well for the price. As a bonus, it is a demonstrator pen, so it looks cool with every single ink you put in it.

As I have accumulated a number of Pelikan 100N I carry the most externally worn one as my EDC, the nib of that one being of course the one that I like the best at that moment. It goes with me everywhere and due to the fact that it is a short and inherently very durable pen (post WWII model with the acrylic barrel) I really have no worries with it other than losing it. All in all a classic look that also happens to be a pleasure to use. Then in my laptop bag I have a few more pens, namely, a UK made black Parker 51 aerometric with a nice expressive M nib and a Montblanc 3-44G with a semi-flex F nib. I also always carry a bunch of branded ballpoint pens from work to hand out to people.

The only pen that I have with me every day is a ballpoint, a Fisher Bullet Space Pen, carried in a pants pocket. Mind you, it gets used fairly seldom, but it's there as an emergency backup when I need it.

My EDC for fountain pens is almost anything that I have inked at the time, with the exception of a few vintage pens which seem a little too delicate or finicky. That includes the highest end pens I have, which are mostly in the sub $200 range, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Lamy 2000, Montblanc Noblesse, Pilot Capless Decimo, and others, as well as some less expensive ones. The CH 92 is probably my most consistently inked take everywhere pen. A Pilot Murex that I picked up a couple of months ago is making a strong case for being another pen that will be inked more often that not and taken virtually everywhere. I might not take it traveling because if I did lose it, it would be harder to replace, but I have no problem with taking it to work and around town.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

My EDCs are a red aluminum/Carbon fibre Kaweko Sport as a pocket pen with a BB NIB, an Esterbrook J (#2284) and a Sheaffer School Pen (M) with a squeeze converter. I also carry a Parker Jotter ballpoint pen and a Palamino Blackwing Pearl pencil. EDC notebook is a BaronFig pocket notebook. I usually have a brown, red and blue ink and a black ballpoint refill.

At this point a Kaweco Al Sport with a steel BB nib. Today it has a old Pelikan black cartridge.

I may change to a brass Liliput and a Classic sport rollerball next month if they turn up okay.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

Depends on the time of year. Fall, winter, and spring finds me wearing a Scottevest travel vest. Among the multitudes of pockets are two pen pockets big enough to hold two of anything each. This winter I often had a Sheaffer Targa FP RB pair in there. I also had a Rotring Initial for a while. But I carry anything and everything in there. If I don't have a matching ballpoint or roller ball fit the fountain pen I keep a Fisher space pen in one pocket for those that need to borrow a pen and refuse to use a fountain pen.

In the summer I don't wear that vest, so I carry pens that fit in my shirt pocket. Pelikan m150, Rotring Esprit, Kaweco Sport, or a Pilot Elite long cap are the current options. I often have a Fisher bullet space pen along then too.

JS

Depends on the time of year. Fall, winter, and spring finds me wearing a Scottevest travel vest. Among the multitudes of pockets are two pen pockets big enough to hold two of anything each. This winter I often had a Sheaffer Targa FP RB pair in there. I also had a Rotring Initial for a while. But I carry anything and everything in there. If I don't have a matching ballpoint or roller ball fit the fountain pen I keep a Fisher space pen in one pocket for those that need to borrow a pen and refuse to use a fountain pen.

In the summer I don't wear that vest, so I carry pens that fit in my shirt pocket. Pelikan m150, Rotring Esprit, Kaweco Sport, or a Pilot Elite long cap are the current options. I often have a Fisher bullet space pen along then too.

JS