The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sanford's All-Pen Cartridges

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pencils+pens

pencils+pens

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:03

Posted Image
Sanford AllPen Cart Front by pencils+pens, on Flickr

The Sanford's All-Pen Cartridges came as a 'ride-along' on an auction I won for a Scripto cartridge pen. The cartridges do not fit the Scripto so I do not know why the seller included them. Since the cartridges are all dried out, I almost threw out the package. Then I thought it might have some historical interest.

I included some current cartridges for comparison. The cartridge on the left is a Parker. The next cartridge is the Sanford's with the removable adapter on top. The next cartridge is a Sheaffer and to its right is a Levenger short international. The package states the cartridges fit Sheaffer, Wearever, Parker, Venus, Esterbrook and Eversharp pens.

A side panel states the cartridges are "Safe in purse or pocket".

Posted Image
Sanford AllPen Cart Back by pencils+pens, on Flickr

The Sanford's cartridge is on the left and the Levenger short international is on the right with the full adapter on top.

The back of the package has the directions.

The cartridge was used as is, with no adapter, with Sheaffer, Venus and Esterbrook's $1.00 pens.

The cartridge and the full adapter was used with Parker, other Esterbrook and Eversharp pens.

The adapter was broken and the larger part was used with Eversharp pens.You can imagine the result by looking at the Levenger cartridge and picturing the adapter broken. The Levenger cartridge and the large piece of the adapter are the same size as the Sanford's.

The concept is interesting. If you owned several different makes of pens and wanted to use the same ink in all of them, this would be the way to do it.

Edited by pencils+pens, 21 May 2012 - 04:08.

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,699 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:07

Interesting! thanks for sharing.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

|