Lamy Safari Colours

macthemaths

Favourite nib size... I think it is F or M. The lamy nibs don't all write the same, well mine don't. But they have different inks in them. I also like the 1.1 stub nib. I have it on my vista.

Always lurking, sometimes posting.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone used the MK nib? I like the fine and Medium And my Fiance is enjoying the 1.5. I have a NOS Red with an MK and was curious how they write. But didnt want to Ink this pen as i was trying to sell.

Favourite nib size... I think it is F or M. The lamy nibs don't all write the same, well mine don't. But they have different inks in them. I also like the 1.1 stub nib. I have it on my vista.

1.1mm Italic is my daily writer :thumbup:

Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.../JFK

Has anyone used the MK nib? I like the fine and Medium And my Fiance is enjoying the 1.5. I have a NOS Red with an MK and was curious how they write. But didnt want to Ink this pen as i was trying to sell.

From research online, it seems the MK nib is writing very similar to medium nib.

I think i read it has rounded points so its smoother

Would it be something like Krugel Medium?

I received my long waited Lamy Safari White (Japan Edition) today. They seem to have a limited production re-run and mine is in EF nib. I am especially happy to get it with a very reasonable price, 3,391 yen (excluding shipping). :D

Do we know if this is a true re-issue or is it a white safari with a Joy white + red clip cap?

Do we know if this is a true re-issue or is it a white safari with a Joy white + red clip cap?

The screw on the cap may be an indicator :thumbup:

Edited by alvarado

I bought a Lamy Safari Red China Edition the other day from a local bookstore that sold their stationery on a 15% discount. The pen costs HK$272 ($34.5)! I filled it with Sailor's Epinard and they just dance on the paper in these hot summer days...

Can this pen still be found at the bookstore there? The "bay" prices are killing me.

The screw on the cap may be an indicator :thumbup:

Thanks! What would be the difference in the screw? I have been searching older posts for pictures or details and can't seem to find it.

Thanks! What would be the difference in the screw? I have been searching older posts for pictures or details and can't seem to find it.

Sorry for the misleading info. I have found out that the screw is identical. Now wondering how to identify the previous Japan limited edition versus the current limited edition.

@ alvarado

Exactly why I am asking. I think there was an earlier very limited edition that was numbered. Supposedly there may be a re-issue, but not sure....

Concerning the Japanese Safari (white with red dot and red clip)... There was indeed a true limited edition of 1000 pieces in 2010; each was stamped with its number and came with a matching leather case that was stamped with the same number. The special edition with exactly the same colouring was also issued in 2010 but was not stamped. I haven't pursued the "re-issue" referred to above because I suspect it's exactly the same as the 2010 special edition (please let me know if I'm wrong, such as if the top was a screw instead of a dot. Additionally, a Safari with the same colourings was issued in Taiwan as a special edition to celebrate the 100th year of their calendar and was stamped with I♥️Taiwan; it came with a ballpoint as well.

Of note, the 2010 special edition can indeed be created from Joy/Safari components.

It's a pity that many of the very rare Lamy Safaris can (now) easily be created with parts. Another example would be the truly rare first issue from NK, which had a blue body, black screw and bright yellow clip. I'm fairly sure the yellow clip on the more recent China editions is the same colour, allowing one to create an NK Swedish with a regular blue and a China edition. Such possibilities devalue the true originals...

Concerning the Japanese Safari (white with red dot and red clip)... There was indeed a true limited edition of 1000 pieces in 2010; each was stamped with its number and came with a matching leather case that was stamped with the same number. The special edition with exactly the same colouring was also issued in 2010 but was not stamped. I haven't pursued the "re-issue" referred to above because I suspect it's exactly the same as the 2010 special edition (please let me know if I'm wrong, such as if the top was a screw instead of a dot. Additionally, a Safari with the same colourings was issued in Taiwan as a special edition to celebrate the 100th year of their calendar and was stamped with I♥️Taiwan; it came with a ballpoint as well.

Of note, the 2010 special edition can indeed be created from Joy/Safari components.

It's a pity that many of the very rare Lamy Safaris can (now) easily be created with parts. Another example would be the truly rare first issue from NK, which had a blue body, black screw and bright yellow clip. I'm fairly sure the yellow clip on the more recent China editions is the same colour, allowing one to create an NK Swedish with a regular blue and a China edition. Such possibilities devalue the true originals...

Thank you for your detail explanation :notworthy1:

I am actually thinking of recreating an NK Sweden version.

So the colour of 2014 is blue/green. Looks like a light British Racing Green.

Seems it is really coming to store in this colour.

http://www.appelboompennen.nl/image/cache/data/Slider/lamy_al-star_2014-785x227.png

Edited by alvarado