• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans-Peter Ording

• bphollin

• menick

• Uffuffa

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@pen2paper: I think i can't find it out if it's a difference between 1st and 2nd edition or because of sunlight. Who knows... it's just so little, maybe nobody noticed.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a

Wow, it's really interesting to see other safari colors I haven't seen before.

So, it looks like we are up to this:

Safari

• Charcoal (black)
  • Blue
  • Red
  • Orange
  • Terra Cotta Orange
  • Flame LE w/red clip
  • Blue SE w/red clip
  • Yellow
  • Gray
  • White
  • Vista (clear demonstrator)
Al-Star
  • Aluminum
  • Blue Aluminum
  • Green Aluminum
  • Graphite
  • Blue Star
Any more?

EDIT: to add colors.

I have what they call a dark purple All-star. http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/al_star/029

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the special edition colors of the Safari range are available in ball point, rollerball, etc in addition to the fountain pens?

I finally have luck to get two of these trays. Thanks bphollin for the tips. Seems they are harder to find than pens. :D

Here goes my humble collection and I tend to collect in accordance with my preference to colour.

post-77444-0-90231900-1390565476_thumb.jpg

Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.../JFK

I finally have luck to get two of these trays. Thanks bphollin for the tips. Seems they are harder to find than pens. :D

Here goes my humble collection and I tend to collect in accordance with my preference to colour.

sweet collection there alvarado! but where is the 2012 LE apple green? :o How long did it take you to collect all of these safaris?

Kevin

sweet collection there alvarado! but where is the 2012 LE apple green? :o How long did it take you to collect all of these safaris?

Kevin

good pickup, my 2012 LE apple is in the office inked with Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black. I have been collecting Lamy safaris and Al-Stars for roughly two years' time. And I have spent one year to find the pen trays. :lticaptd:

I have the feeling that you were the one bidding against me on Ebay for one of these trays! Because after I won one, the seller offered me two more for a discounted price, but I declined his offer, but I didn't see him put them up for sale on ebay...

Mine still hasn't arrived yet :( Germany to Australia is a long way :( How much did you pay for yours?

I received my long waited Lamy Safari White (Japan Edition) today. They seem to have a limited production re-run and mine is in EF nib. I am especially happy to get it with a very reasonable price, 3,391 yen (excluding shipping). :D

Thanks for sharing. I have wanted a white with red clip lamy for a while, but was not willing to pay the $200+ for it...

I have the feeling that you were the one bidding against me on Ebay for one of these trays! Because after I won one, the seller offered me two more for a discounted price, but I declined his offer, but I didn't see him put them up for sale on ebay...

Mine still hasn't arrived yet :( Germany to Australia is a long way :( How much did you pay for yours?

I think so ;) and please check pm.

It seems like every time I get an item from the bay, eventually the competitor will show up here in this forum.

Finally I am relieved and can focus on collecting more safaris. :lticaptd:

yes, please do inquire if pen stock manufacture color changed slightly, or whether this is due to light exposure while displayed.

finding inken here, with those multiple finds is ruffling my feathers. I had resolutely concluded my color hunt.

Disclaimer: I am not a Lamy or Pen expert, but I am very familiar with plastic injection molding and the properties of molded parts.

I really doubt the color difference was due to sunlight. The plastic would be far less glossy and the fade would vary base on where the light was hitting it.

Also, it is possible that the color would vary due to different colors used in the molding process, but Lamy doesn't strike me as the type of company to have lax enough QC let that large of a variance in color go out the door if they're supposed to be the same pen.

The only possible solution I could think of would be that they originally made one color, discontinued it, and started production again and used a slightly different color formula.

I have the following on ebay let me know if there's any you would like i can get you as link and adjust the price.

Al-stars: Silver blue(2), raspberry, Signature,

Safaris:Grey, Orange flame, Pink (circle top), Red with black trim

I have the following on ebay let me know if there's any you would like i can get you as link and adjust the price.

Al-stars: Silver blue(2), raspberry, Signature,

Safaris:Grey, Orange flame, Pink (circle top), Red with black trim

I'm interested in the Orange Flame. How much?

Thanks for sharing. I have wanted a white with red clip lamy for a while, but was not willing to pay the $200+ for it...

You're welcome! I Ioaded the pen with Diamine's Monaco Red and I use it regularly in making notes.

Edited by tylchick

Tracy

I just received my Lamy tray today in the mail. I'm on the look out for a silver one, if anyone knows of where I can get one, I''d be ever so grateful. I've been building this collection for about 5 years, I haven't bought many of the standard safaris, instead focusing on the limited edition ones.Gotta catch 'em all! I am currently waiting on a Flame which should be in the mail any time soon :)

Nice tray and collection. I guess you are already in the search of another tray right now. :D

I just received my Lamy tray today in the mail. I'm on the look out for a silver one, if anyone knows of where I can get one, I''d be ever so grateful. I've been building this collection for about 5 years, I haven't bought many of the standard safaris, instead focusing on the limited edition ones.Gotta catch 'em all! I am currently waiting on a Flame which should be in the mail any time soon :)

Ooooo....shinyyyyy!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Hi!

I have been reading this interesting topic for a while now, and thought it was time to share my collection.

The grey, red and vista are my "old" pens. I had some more, but got lost while moving house. (thanks to ex husband)

The neon coloured ones are a nice story. I went to my local store to buy the yellow one when the sales lady showed me the other colours. They had a couple of them. And because they were "old" I got them for half price! Now I read here they go for way more than retail price on ebay....

post-99600-0-51122600-1391181021_thumb.jpg

Always lurking, sometimes posting.

Hi!

I have been reading this interesting topic for a while now, and thought it was time to share my collection.

The grey, red and vista are my "old" pens. I had some more, but got lost while moving house. (thanks to ex husband)

The neon coloured ones are a nice story. I went to my local store to buy the yellow one when the sales lady showed me the other colours. They had a couple of them. And because they were "old" I got them for half price! Now I read here they go for way more than retail price on ebay....

attachicon.gifLamy.jpg

Nice collection. what kind of nib size is your favourite so far?